2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

just cannot decide who I hate more for tonight..insufferable Leafs fans or arsehole Bruins fans..whoever wins , if the Caps lose tomorrow, has to be the favorite right?

dont know if i can take another Boston championship

i should heavily cheer for the Leafs but i'm tired and this team isn't inspiring in the same way Doug Gilmour took over the whole show for a few great Leafs runs

29 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

just cannot decide who I hate more for tonight..insufferable Leafs fans or arsehole Bruins fans..whoever wins , if the Caps lose tomorrow, has to be the favorite right?

thats why you work with the insufferable Leafs (Leaves)   ;)  :lol:

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

goaltender interference is just whatever they make up in the replay booth

They wanted to call goaltender interference against the Caps when a Canes player tackled his own goalie!!! 

I get blown calls here and there ....  but not 4 or so in one game. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

thats why you work with the insufferable Leafs (Leaves)   ;)  :lol:

They wanted to call goaltender interference against the Caps when a Canes player tackled his own goalie!!! 

I get blown calls here and there ....  but not 4 or so in one game. 

i usually PRV and watch games just for the live action

i have stopped bothering with replays, they just do whatever the BLEEP they want to no matter how painfully obvious it was, such as the baseball landed 2 feet easily inside the line just past third base.

so.....

1)  they say "going to replay"

2) i fast forward until i see they are ready to resume

3) i think to myself "oh, they reversed the call" and that's that

4)  has probably saved me three heart attacks to date

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i usually PRV and watch games just for the live action

i have stopped bothering with replays, they just do whatever the BLEEP they want to no matter how painfully obvious it was, such as the baseball landed 2 feet easily inside the line just past third base.

so.....

1)  they say "going to replay"

2) i fast forward until i see they are ready to resume

3) i think to myself "oh, they reversed the call" and that's that

4)  has probably saved me three heart attacks to date

but....but....but.....we must have replay so they can "get it right!!!"

23 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

it's like witchcraft what they've done.

1)  you see the play, and are probably cheering for a team so you are a might biased

2) then you see the replay and unless it's 90% obvious you can't calm down, and you know that Toronto or NYC is out to ***** your team every chance it gets

3) but then you get them talking about "what happened" and "is it overturnable" adding another dimension that is pointless but nettlesome

4) and it takes 15 minutes, bad enough at home, 10 times worse at the game, along with all the commercials....

it sucks you into so much extra wasted thinking and emotions, totally pointless because the replay decision is often totally the opposite of what is plain to a totally objective fan laughing at you for having a hairy spaz on a 50/50 call

fortunately only one Super Bowl (the Steelers catch against the Cards) has completely pinpointed the win on a tough replay decision

Edited by row_33

24 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

OT here, but that rule now where PI can be reviewed is a slippery slippery slope. I am so done with replay..kill it in all sports and just live with the refs call...damn i hate it!!!

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's like witchcraft what they've done.

1)  you see the play, and are probably cheering for a team so you are a might biased

2) then you see the replay and unless it's 90% obvious you can't calm down, and you know that Toronto or NYC is out to ***** your team every chance it gets

3) but then you get them talking about "what happened" and "is it overturnable" adding another dimension that is pointless but nettlesome

4) and it takes 15 minutes, bad enough at home, 10 times worse at the game, along with all the commercials....

it sucks you into so much extra wasted thinking and emotions, totally pointless because the replay decision is often totally the opposite of what is plain to a totally objective fan laughing at you for having a hairy spaz on a 50/50 call

fortunately only one Super Bowl (the Steelers catch against the Cards) has completely pinpointed the win on a tough replay decision

Because it's 'replay', people somehow think that stopping time lets us see all with no subjectivity.  Except that's just not true most of the time.  So the replay guys ends up making an over-thought, intellectually biased decision on an inconclusive replay, which IMO is far worse than a ref making a split second call on the spot (when he's only thinking about the call and not the teams, the game situation, etc).

It is the absolute worst thing about sports.   Expanding reply to PI penalties will be a horrible.

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

OT here, but that rule now where PI can be reviewed is a slippery slippery slope. I am so done with replay..kill it in all sports and just live with the refs call...damn i hate it!!!

It's hard to even fathom how random and capricious that rule will be implemented.  Prepare to be infuriated Bills fans.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Because it's 'replay', people somehow think that stopping time lets us see all with no subjectivity.  Except that's just not true most of the time.  So the replay guys ends up making an over-thought, intellectually biased decision on an inconclusive replay, which IMO is far worse than a ref making a split second call on the spot (when he's only thinking about the call and not the teams, the game situation, etc).

It is the absolute worst thing about sports.   Expanding reply to PI penalties will be a horrible.

It's hard to even fathom how random and capricious that rule will be implemented.  Prepare to be infuriated Bills fans.

has to be only a matter of time that the NHL will institute some form of replay on penalties

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

we want the right call for the team we cheer for

but sometimes they can't get to it

PI is so subjective, i'll wear out the fast forward button get another case of AA batteries for this nonsense.

and it should be at real time speed, not slowed down to picosecond by picosecond analysis, baseball has suffered horribly over this

it's almost as bad as the stat-heads out to murder anyone they come across who happens to like their sports as well.... :(

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

has to be only a matter of time that the NHL will institute some form of replay on penalties

the best is demand for a computer ump on balls and strikes

the count dictates the strike zone, that's just something one has to accept unless they watch sports just to get pissed off because their crappy team lost again

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

we want the right call for the team we cheer for

but sometimes they can't get to it

PI is so subjective, i'll wear out the fast forward button get another case of AA batteries for this nonsense.

and it should be at real time speed, not slowed down to picosecond by picosecond analysis, baseball has suffered horribly over this

it's almost as bad as the stat-heads out to murder anyone they come across who happens to like their sports as well.... :(

the best is demand for a computer ump on balls and strikes

the count dictates the strike zone, that's just something one has to accept unless they watch sports just to get pissed off because their crappy team lost again

All I ever wanted was for the blatant bad call to be over-turned.

We are way past the point to go back now and it gets worse with each passing year in every sport. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

If you can't stand those east teams get on board the Teal Train!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

All I ever wanted was for the blatant bad call to be over-turned.

We are way past the point to go back now and it gets worse with each passing year in every sport. 

but fans of EVERY team think they are being screwed over every single play

i ran the office and dorm football pools for 20 years, i sat there in common rooms with a dozen fans for each team and both teams were convinced their team was getting screwed over on every play

Pats fans scream the loudest over their team getting screwed over, listen to a game on their radio network...

12 minutes ago, Dante said:

i'm kind of very happy to see the interest in the game for SJ

not even remotely being condesceding

but i can't watch a game without the Leafs on the ice...  :(

10 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Or.... the Green Train!

again, all the power to you cheering for a team that in 1970 i couldn't fathom would be hosting a hockey power house...

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Dante said:

Just as in football..once the Sabres out of it not really cheering a team to win, more just cheering for who I want to lose more.

I am sure as Sabres fans we want both the Sharks and Blues to lose as early as possible..but there were some funky conditions on the Montour trade so i may be wrong on that. Having said that, I liked Kane as a player, and though I wanted him traded earlier than most due strictly to roster makeup and contract status.

I am pretty sure every team left now has an ex-Sabre player that makes me cringe every time i hear his name and cringe.

McNabb and 2 2nds for Deslauriers and Fashing...yikes!!!!

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just as in football..once the Sabres out of it not really cheering a team to win, more just cheering for who I want to lose more.

I am sure as Sabres fans we want both the Sharks and Blues to lose as early as possible..but there were some funky conditions on the Montour trade so i may be wrong on that. Having said that, I liked Kane as a player, and though I wanted him traded earlier than most due strictly to roster makeup and contract status.

I am pretty sure every team left now has an ex-Sabre player that makes me cringe every time i hear his name and cringe.

McNabb and 2 2nds for Deslauriers and Fashing...yikes!!!!

ouch!