Ty Dunne: What Happened in Green Bay

Wow, this article is one of the best I've ever read about the "inside baseball" of a Football team.  Sure as casual observers we all knew something was going on, but this article makes no claim to who's fault it was, but it clearly lays out the framework for what not to allow happen.

Great post, OP.!!

Tim-

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1 - can Allen have an ego at this point?  If he gets to Rodgers level, I won’t be surprised if he wants to control more of the way things are run.  All great qbs do.

It's more than that, though. Allen seems like a really humble kid. The whole thing about Rodgers freezing teammates out of his life, putting them in "the doghouse", not reciprocating their off-field friendships and kindnesses...none of that seems like Josh Allen. Allen is universally described as highly coachable, humble, "gets it", etc. And in just his first full offseason with the team, he already has various practices with his WRs scheduled and was recently shown at dinner with his teammates.

I'm not saying Allen could never become Rodgers. How could I possibly know that? I AM saying, though, that it appears highly unlikely. Allen appears to be a born leader and quality person.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

It's more than that, though. Allen seems like a really humble kid. The whole thing about Rodgers freezing teammates out of his life, putting them in "the doghouse", not reciprocating their off-field friendships and kindnesses...none of that seems like Josh Allen. Allen is universally described as highly coachable, humble, "gets it", etc. And in just his first full offseason with the team, he already has various practices with his WRs scheduled and was recently shown at dinner with his teammates.

I'm not saying Allen could never become Rodgers. How could I possibly know that? I AM saying, though, that it appears highly unlikely. Allen appears to be a born leader and quality person.

I don’t remember hearing about any problems of Rodgers being a leader earlier in his career.  Then he became the best qb in the nfl and probably got an ego.  And he knew he had a garbage coach.  It happens all the time.  Brady and Belichick butt heads.  No matter how good a coach is, the great qb should probably win. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t remember hearing about any problems of Rodgers being a leader earlier in his career.  Then he became the best qb in the nfl and probably got an ego.  And he knew he had a garbage coach.  It happens all the time.  Brady and Belichick butt heads.  No matter how good a coach is, the great qb should probably win. 

Did you read the whole Dunne article? It sure seems like it's more than just "QB becomes successful, QB gets big ego". He seems overly sensitive, petty, isolated, and refuses to accept blame for anything. Who knows if the article accurately represents Rodgers, but if it does, it paints him in a very negative light.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Ever hear the story about how Aaron Rodgers disowned his parents and brother. Seems like a big a-hole.

Drew Brees did as well prior to his mothers death.    What's your point?  Family's can be complicated.

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

“getting a massage in his office during team meetings”

Screen-Shot-2018-06-26-at-1.38.37-PM-153

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

“getting a massage in his office during team meetings”

Screen-Shot-2018-06-26-at-1.38.37-PM-153

Lol “ the angle of the dangle is directly perpendicular to the beat of the meat “ - Beavis

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, APoxOnYou said:

I think Aaron Rodgers is deeply insecure.

He did this one interview a few years ago  -  can’t remember which media outlet - and they made an innocuous comment about how height. He reacted very defensively and pissed. I need to look this up now. 

Edit: yup, here it is. It was 60 Minutes 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-is-very-sensitive-about-his-height-5957852/amp

Edited by YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

Drew Brees did as well prior to his mothers death.    What's your point?  Family's can be complicated.

Sometimes with family, you need to be the better person and take the high road. Regardless of family dynamics/ complications , some people really just are A-holes in real life. Even sports stars that many people think highly of. We often only see their “ public” persona, and that’s the point. 

1 minute ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Seems like a lot of people in this thread don't understand what culture means.  NE, for instance, has the strongest culture of any organization I've ever seen.

Their culture guy just left and went to the Texans