Latest Drafttek Mock: 4/10

Actually, if a trade like this happened where Beane trades down and acquires multiple 3's, I would think that it would be a precursor to other moves that would allow the Bills to either move back up for an additional 1st round pick or move up for multiple 2nds. Remember, they have multiple mid-to-late round picks already. I would think that the team at this stage would be more inclined to package these picks to draft potential impact/starting players rather than add to depth/camp fodder via multiple late picks.

Why the hate for Gary?  I myself prefer Oliver, but Gary is a freak is his own right.  He can shift between end or tackle.  Gary and Lindstrom with our first 2 picks, after a trade down is a great start IMO.  But we would receive much better compensation to trade down 6 spots

10 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Gary would be SO bad as a pick. No.

I think that Gary could be projected as an outstanding 3 technique DT.  Tremendous athlete and size, strength, speed prospect who *may have* suffered from being used in multiple positions in college.

I share concerns about production, but man he has talent AND size.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Why the hate for Gary?  I myself prefer Oliver, but Gary is a freak is his own right.  He can shift between end or tackle.  Gary and Lindstrom with our first 2 picks, after a trade down is a great start IMO.  But we would receive much better compensation to trade down 6 spots

If he is so talented why the lack of production against inferior talent?  What will he do in the NFL?

33 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

If he is so talented why the lack of production against inferior talent?  What will he do in the NFL?

I’m on board with the big question here: is he a great football player, or just a great athlete? I don’t know what to think as I read so many conflicting views. 

I admit I feel a bit relieved when I see him going early, because reviews give me doubts despite no really knowing about the guy. 

Edited by Augie

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m on board with the big question here: is he a great football player, or just a great athlete? I don’t know what to think as I read so many conflicting views. 

Great athlete. Watched every game of his career. Takes plays off. Not a difference maker. This would be an awful pick IMO. 

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Great athlete. Watched every game of his career. Takes plays off. Not a difference maker. This would be an awful pick IMO. 

Thanks, for some reason that was the way I was leaning, but then I’m always surprised to see him so high in mocks. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

bad scheme in college. #1 overall recruit out of HS. 4.58 at 285.  Scheme versatile

i really want dk metcalf, but that's because i'm seeing us build a team of pure athletic monsters, so i'm ignoring downside a bit and wouldn't cry if we skip him (maybe just a little).

based on our history, i don't see how we don't make trades, and probably big ones.  beane likes to throw it around on draft day, and before.  i honestly don't think i've ever seen a more aggressive GM.  it makes it pretty exciting, i'm a fan!

14 hours ago, Pete said:

Because he doesn’t make plays behind the LOS. 

Gary has 34 games. 23 TFL and 9.5 Sacks. Or .95 plays behind the LOS per game 

Oliver has 32 games 53 TFL and 13.5 sacks. Or 2.07 plays behind the LOS per game 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, Pete said:

12 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

12 hours ago, Augie said:

I admit I feel a bit relieved when I see him going early, because reviews give me doubts despite no really knowing about the guy. 

11 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Because he doesn’t make plays behind the LOS. 

Gary has 34 games. 23 TFL and 9.5 Sacks. Or .95 plays behind the LOS per game 

Oliver has 32 games 53 TFL and 13.5 sacks. Or 2.07 plays behind the LOS per game 

Gary reminds me of... Marcel Dareus. Seems lazy on the field. And if you watch the Amazon "All or Nothing" series on Michigan, he comes off as a lazy person there as well. He lacks the fire, imo. He could be a great player, but does he want to be a great player? Too big of a question with him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/1/2019 at 9:21 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Drafttek recently ran a new mock with a focus on trades.

They have the Bills trading down with Washington, moving back from #9 to #15, and picking up 2 3rd round picks, for a draft that looks like the following in the first 3 rounds:

#15 - Rashan Gary - DL5T

#40 - Chris Lindstrom - OG

#74 - Damien Harris - RB

#76 - David Edwards - OT

#96 - Jordan Brailford - OLB

Kinda disappointed. I like the focus on the trenches but feel we miss out on some top talent. Jonah Williams and Ed Oliver go #10 and #11.

Personally, not a fan of Rashan Gary, and the rest are underwhelming. But what do I know? What do you think?

edit/disclaimer: This is in no way a knock or criticism on Dean. I (and I think we all) appreciate his work for the Bills on that site. Just discussing this version out of many Mocks.

If this trade did happen.  I would rather the draft look like this.

15 - A.J Brown - WR

40 - Amani Oruwariye - CB

74 - Josh Oliver - TE

76 - Terrill Hanks - OLB

96 - Daniel Wise - DT