Giants reportedly not interested in Haskins; will go defense at 6

I still do not buy it.  Unless they flip 17th or their 2nd for Rosen.  I dont see them passing on a Qb again.  They have to have someone behind Manning.  I believe they are not interested in trading up and are down playing their interest so a team wont leap them.  

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They might not have a chance at Haskins at 6. Raiders flying out to Columbus tomorrow to work him out.

Smokescreen.  They want two teams ahead of them to take a QB, so that Bosa or Allen or Williams falls to them.

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They might not have a chance at Haskins at 6. Raiders flying out to Columbus tomorrow to work him out.

That was my speculation when they first said it.  Gettleman isn't going to move up and Haskins isn't going to be there at 6.  The Jones - Eli connections seem really strong.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That was my speculation when they first said it.  Gettleman isn't going to move up and Haskins isn't going to be there at 6.  The Jones - Eli connections seem really strong.

And now he can say “we didn’t want him anyway!”

Unless they really see Haskins as their franchise QB of the future they should pass. Drafting the wrong QB in the top 10 can set the franchise back, not to mention missing a shot at a difference maker.

I don't recall there being a lot of enthusiasm around this guy until the end of the season, and then it seemed his ascendence was less about being a blue chip prospect than being the best of a mediocre group. I'd rather go w/ a journeyman than draft EJ b/c you "need" a QB.

35 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Unless they really see Haskins as their franchise QB of the future they should pass. Drafting the wrong QB in the top 10 can set the franchise back, not to mention missing a shot at a difference maker.

I don't recall there being a lot of enthusiasm around this guy until the end of the season, and then it seemed his ascendence was less about being a blue chip prospect than being the best of a mediocre group. I'd rather go w/ a journeyman than draft EJ b/c you "need" a QB.

He was a complete unknown going into the season and there were a little bit bigger storylines in Columbus this past season.

35 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Maybe that’s what happens when you want to retire for more nap time, but you made a promise to get your guy first. 

I like that the current FO has managed to give us the freedom to go in almost any direction, without painting themselves into a corner like that. Now......let’s hope they get the right guy(s)!