General News Ticker: Free Agency/Trade Rumors, speculation, and general information

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

An nice piece of optimism about the Bills. 

Problem is, they will want to get paid soon. 

I don't see them getting mega deals. Hyde will be 31. Poyer will be 29 nd will probably get a nice contract if he keeps contributing. I could see Buffalo extending him next offseason for 3 years/30 to 35 million if he keeps producing. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pete said:

Wtf?  We have $80 million- spend some.  And I don’t mean $2.2 million for over the hill rbs

The good news is, the Bills haven’t signed anyone and none of the top OL have signed (besides Brown). One could optimistically deduce the Bills are therefore negotiating with Paradis, Morse, and Williams. 

• Like (+1) 1

As much as it sucks and we all would like names to start dropping our way, its only been 4 hours. I trust the FO to get some quality guys in here. For all we know their board is falling exactly how they wanted it to. Still a lot of quality pieces up for grabs.

Edited by ytownblofan

Just now, ytownblofan said:

As much as it sucks and we all would like names to start dropping our way, its only been 4 hours. I trust the FO to get some quality guys in here. For all we know their board is falling exactly how they wanted it to. Still a lot of quality pieces up for grabs

four and a half!! that 30 minutes is critical because it obviously proves we're asleep at the switch. duh. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ytownblofan said:

As much as it sucks and we all would like names to start dropping our way, its only been 4 hours. I trust the FO to get some quality guys in here. For all we know their board is falling exactly how they wanted it to. Still a lot of quality pieces up for grabs.

The issue is its the same story most years. We end up overpaying for marginal talent because top guys dont want to come here

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ytownblofan said:

I’ve said before. Morse and Williams still on the market. I honestly don’t care how free agency plays out if they can land those two. For all we know they are on the full court press for those two and think its likely they sign. 

I liked Jesse James a lot, but if he got more than 5 or 6 million a year I am glad the Bills werent players.   Try and keep in mind there is a reason these guys are available.

And please save me the poor us no one wants to come here stuff.  Last time I looked Cleveland, Detroit, and Pittsburgh weren't hot spots.  Baltimore has a methadone clinic on every block for God's Sake.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, davspo said:

This is really not shaping up too good for us.  James gone, Pardise looks like a Jet,-

It's day 1...They'll be fine...

On Paridas...As it's been said here for a while...based on the injuries and the final price tag Mitch Morse may be a better value anyway...

Not sure where the Bills are with Morse...but just saying...?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DJB said:

The issue is its the same story most years. We end up overpaying for marginal talent because top guys dont want to come here

We've been a losing team for as long as these guys have been alive. What do you expect? We've lost for so long that fans of other teams sometimes forget that we exist. Also, comments like those made by Marshawn Lynch and Jordan Matthews don't help any.