Why not OBJ?

Virgil

If we are willing to pay a guy and put up with the Prima Donna attitude, why not reach out to the Giants too about OBJ?

For the record, I don’t want either douchebags on the team. 

However, if you’re down with the sickness, OBJ is a performer, already has the deal, and the Giants are open for business. 

If this belongs in another threads, please move 

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

None of those dudes have requested trades.  AB was the star with the cheapest trade cost.

Point.  

OBJ would have  cost on a rebuilding team maybe it would be a first.  Doubt it though

Green would not be a 1st

Julio I dont think would be a first either.

Most expensive likely would be OBJ

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Because clearly Beane and McDermott don’t think you need to have a No 1 receiver...

Weren’t they just saying that a week or two back?

Lol, as they were quietly trying to reel in AB. If this isn't enough to teach you to ignore everything out of coachs' and gm's mouths, i don't know what is. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Point.  

OBJ would have  cost on a rebuilding team maybe it would be a first.  Doubt it though

Green would not be a 1st

Julio I dont think would be a first either.

Most expensive likely would be OBJ

Didn't they just rework Julio's contract for more short term money in ATL?  What's stopping him from demanding the same thing from Buffalo that AB did?

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Didn't they just rework Julio's contract for more short term money in ATL?  What's stopping him from demanding the same thing from Buffalo that AB did?

Who cares, does that make you not make the call?  OBD has a value they would put on Julio, if his demands are within that value bring him on.  TBH OBD would be naive to think they are going into the trade market and NOT think a nice big deal is going to b part of the trade. 

Guess what we have a TON of money so why not, what would be the issue with a nice new three year front loaded deal on these WRs?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Who cares, does that make you not make the call?  OBD has a value they would put on Julio, if his demands are within that value bring him on.  TBH OBD would be naive to think they are going into the trade market and NOT think a nice big deal is going to b part of the trade. 

Guess what we have a TON of money so why not, what would be the issue with a nice new three year front loaded deal on these WRs?

Maybe you should ask our GM, who balked at that for AB, who cost less in trade compensation than all of those guys, except maybe AJ.

Just now, DefenseWins said:

I don't want anybody that doesn't want to be here. 

Then you want a team filled with journeymen, backups, and CFL rejects.

7 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Lol, as they were quietly trying to reel in AB. If this isn't enough to teach you to ignore everything out of coachs' and gm's mouths, i don't know what is. 

I agree completely.... but some people hang on every word they say as gospel..

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Maybe you should ask our GM, who balked at that for AB, who cost less in trade compensation than all of those guys, except maybe AJ.

Then you want a team filled with journeymen, backups, and CFL rejects.

Also AB comes with a TON more baggage than ANY of the WRs i mentioned, which also might now have the Bills willing to lay out the financial risk.

Or at the end of the day the Bills also could have just got used for leverage against the Raiders

Edited by MAJBobby

Baggage versus a first round pick.  Decisions, decisions.

Where are you getting the 1st round pick.  That isnt the compensation rumored with AB.

I also do not think that is what it will take to get OBJ, Green or Jones either

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Where are you getting the 1st round pick.  That isnt the compensation rumored with AB.

I also do not think that is what it will take to get OBJ, Green or Jones either

Well we just disagree.  For some of the most talented playmakers in the NFL, who are bonafide superstars, I would bet that you aren't prying away Julio or OBJ for less.

I'm saying that AB's compensation would be less than that because of his baggage.  That makes it a tradeoff.

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Also AB comes with a TON more baggage than ANY of the WRs i mentioned, which also might now have the Bills willing to lay out the financial risk.

Or at the end of the day the Bills also could have just got used for leverage against the Raiders

Believe it or not, I actually agree with MAJBobby!

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Well we just disagree.  For some of the most talented playmakers in the NFL, who are bonafide superstars, I would bet that you aren't prying away Julio or OBJ for less.

I'm saying that AB's compensation would be less than that because of his baggage.  That makes it a tradeoff.

Jones 30 - INJ history will not draw a 1st

Green 30 - INJ History will not draw a 1st.

OBJ - HMM the youngest of the bunch.  So what do I think keeps him from netting a 1st.  Contract, Offfield antics, INJ history, Snapchat video with a nice white substance.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Jones 30 - INJ history will not draw a 1st

Green 30 - INJ History will not draw a 1st.

OBJ - HMM the youngest of the bunch.  So what do I think keeps him from netting a 1st.  Contract, Offfield antics, INJ history, Snapchat video with a nice white substance.

Well I guess you can't prove that so we'll agree to disagree.

Apparently Atlanta wasn't willing to part with Julio last year with his "injury history."  Then again, most NFL people don't consider missing 3 games in 5 seasons a significant injury history either.   That's like .25 Sammy Watkinses.

Edited by BringBackOrton

Well I guess you can't prove that so we'll agree to disagree.

Apparently Atlanta wasn't willing to part with Julio last year with his "injury history."  Then again, most NFL people don't consider missing 3 games in 4 seasons a significant injury history either. 

How often does ANY player move at the trade deadline?

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Uh, this was in the offseason.  Not the deadline.

Care to comment on the dangerous health concerns of Julio that you were convinced were gonna drop his trade value?

Sure

I am pretty sure his hip came back to get hurt again in December

And once again like last year no talks on his extension, and with Calvin Ridley emergence yep could move him for less than a 1st

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Lol.  So OBJ who has missed 16 games in last two seasons is less of an injury risk than Julio who has missed 3 games in the last 5 seasons?

The guy who has 1300 yards in the last two years is less of a concern than the guy who had 3000 in that same span?

Why don't you take a second to review the facts before you spout off on what the asking prices will be?

20 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Believe it or not, I actually agree with MAJBobby!

Unfortunately, you picked the absolute wrong time to do so.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Lol.  So OBJ who has missed 16 games in last two seasons is less of an injury risk than Julio who has missed 3 games in the last 5 seasons?

The guy who has 1300 yards in the last two years is less of a concern than the guy who had 3000 in that same span?

Why don't you take a second to review the facts before you spout off on what the asking prices will be?

Says you!

25 vs 30.  now did you see ummm where I put OBJ Hammys as well.

Look you have your thought that these three WRs will get major compensation.  I have mine that they wont. 

Not that said I would almost could be talked into giving 9th overall up for OBJ

and our 2nds for Either Green or Jones

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

25 vs 30.  now did you see ummm where I put OBJ Hammys as well.

Look you have your thought that these three WRs will get major compensation.  I have mine that they wont. 

Not that said I would almost could be talked into giving 9th overall up for OBJ

and our 2nds for Either Green or Jones

Apparently not because of the bolded. YOU don't even remember the hammy!

Oh and as for your sneaky edit:

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure

I am pretty sure his hip came back to get hurt again in December

And once again like last year no talks on his extension, and with Calvin Ridley emergence yep could move him for less than a 1st

THEY JUST REWORKED HIS CONTRACT LAST OFFSEASON.  You don't even know what you're talking about!

Oh and Calvin Ridley's "emergence" as a guy who started 5 games last year and got half the yards from scrimmage that Julio did has suddenly made him expendable??

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I think the Giants are hellbent on keeping OBJ. Not sure why trade speculation keeps coming up. They're pretty tolerant with the guy.

Agreed. Gettleman has said on multiple occasions that he' didn't sign OBJ just to turn around and trade him. He also committed to Eli publicly recently. Last year he tried to rebuild the OL (with so-so results) and today he traded for an OL.