TSW Wall of Fame Nominees

R. Rich

The other thread about nominees for the Bills' Wall of Fame, and the mention of SDS in it, brings up an interesting question: who should be on the TBD Wall of Fame? Right now, The Avenger (quite the fantasy football player, as I've come to realize the past couple seasons) is the only person on the Wall of Fame. Who should join him?

My candidates:

1. SDS

Why: Gee, I wonder...

2. Kultarr

Why: Required reading in the early days of the Wall.

3. Bob Lamb

Why: Why not? A true legend who's been around here longer than most of us and is a great guy to know, a knowledgeable Bills fan, and a well known hoary archivist.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nominate stevestojan.  Love him or hate him, he's always in the middle of a scrum, sometimes started by himself.  He takes his lumps and keeps coming back for more.  Entertaining and thought provoking, he's the court jester of TBD.

290783[/snapback]

You want to put him in the same category as SDS and Bob Lamb?

Okay. We should get Spiked and Ice in there, too.

The other thread about nominees for the Bills' Wall of Fame, and the mention of SDS in it, brings up an interesting question:  who should be on the TBD Wall of Fame?  Right now, The Avenger (quite the fantasy football player, as I've come to realize the past couple seasons) is the only person on the Wall of Fame.  Who should join him?

My candidates:

1.  SDS

Why:  Gee, I wonder...

2.  Kultarr

Why:  Required reading in the early days of the Wall.

3.  Bob Lamb

Why:  Why not?  A true legend who's been around here longer than most of us and is a great guy to know, a knowledgeable Bills fan, and a well known hoary archivist.

290771[/snapback]

Used to enjoy Kultarr's pouch back when I was a lurker. I can't disagree with any of your choices, but I don't know that Bob would appreciate you calling him a hoar.

The other thread about nominees for the Bills' Wall of Fame, and the mention of SDS in it, brings up an interesting question:  who should be on the TBD Wall of Fame?  Right now, The Avenger (quite the fantasy football player, as I've come to realize the past couple seasons) is the only person on the Wall of Fame.  Who should join him?

My candidates:

1.  SDS

2.  Kultarr

3.  Bob Lamb

Why:  Why not?  A true legend who's been around here longer than most of us and is a great guy to know, a knowledgeable Bills fan, and a well known hoary archivist.

290771[/snapback]

I have quite a list of who should be on there - it's just finding the time to compile the info and format it that is holding me up.... and the years tick by.... :doh:

You want to put him in the same category as SDS and Bob Lamb?

Okay. We should get Spiked and Ice in there, too.

290785[/snapback]

One thing for sure - my mug will never be on there. However, these other guys have been wait8ing for their busts far too long.

I nominate stevestojan.  Love him or hate him, he's always in the middle of a scrum, sometimes started by himself.  He takes his lumps and keeps coming back for more.  Entertaining and thought provoking, he's the court jester of TBD.

290783[/snapback]

:lol::lol::doh::lol:

I considered Ice too. A posting site needs people who keep the debate lively and interesting. It would be dull if everyone had the same opinion. I give them credit for sometimes going against the mainstream opinions. If O.J. can still be on the Wall of Fame but Lou Saban can't, then stevestojan and Ice can be on TBD WOF.

I considered Ice too.  A posting site needs people who keep the debate lively and interesting.  It would be dull if everyone had the same opinion.  I give them credit for sometimes going against the mainstream opinions.  If O.J. can still be on the Wall of Fame but Lou Saban can't, then stevestojan and Ice can be on TBD WOF.

290798[/snapback]

Stevestojan, Ice and O.J. There's an argument.

If O.J. can still be on the Wall of Fame but Lou Saban can't, then stevestojan and Ice can be on TBD WOF.

290798[/snapback]

And Gilbert Gottfried can finally get that Oscar he's done so much to deserve.

SDS, Bob Lamb, Kultarr would be a good start.

Since 11 is such a popular number around here, the other eight joining them in the inaugural class would be #89, Mark VI, Alaska Darin, LaBillzFan, R. Rich, Lori, cablelady and Thailog80.

My candidates:

1.  SDS

2.  Kultarr

3.  Bob Lamb

290771[/snapback]

SDS is a given. Kultarr and Bob Lamb are locks as well. Good picks!!

SDS, Bob Lamb, Kultarr would be a good start.

Since 11 is such a popular number around here, the other eight joining them in the inaugural class would be #89, Mark VI, Alaska Darin, LaBillzFan, R. Rich, Lori, cablelady and Thailog80.

290822[/snapback]

I'm hurt that no one has appreciated my genius.

I'm at least as crotchitty as the members of that list.

:doh:

My nominees would be:

AiO

Gavin

Alaska Darin

KRC

Kelly the Dog

Nervous Guy

Bob Lamb

BadDad (what ever happened to him)

Bob On The Cape (him too)

in no particular order.

That's your opinion that they are idiots, others consider them entertaining.  And 'hello', this is a message board, so stop taking things so seriously.

290832[/snapback]

I considered Ryan Leaf entertaining, but he won't be going to Hawaii anytime soon.

There are a lot of good candidates for the TDB Wall Of Fame I would start by nominating:

SDS

R. Rich

T-80

Alaska Darin

Many more but I would start there.

Can there be a voting process for this, say to get in your need a certian percentage of approval?

Would there be a veteran's committe to get some more people on the Wall Of Fame? :doh:

290783[/snapback]

i second this nomination...

i second this nomination...

290854[/snapback]

Let's make sure we reserve the absolutely devoid of original thought a seat up front as opposed to posters like Simon and BadOl who've merely been wasting bandwidth here with serious posts about football.

yawn.....

Let's make sure we get the absolute morons a seat up front as opposed to posters like Simon and BadOl who've merely been wasting bandwidth here with serious posts about football.

yawn.....

290857[/snapback]

We're not talking about being inducted into Canton. It's a message board HoF. BFD! No need to refer to people as morons in the era of the kind and gentle TSW. This won't help your candidacy! :doh:

I haven't been a memeber long but I would vote for:

Mark VI

LA BillzFan

Thialog 80

Alaska Darin

Simon

Cable Lady (adds class to our lockerroom)

KOK Bills

Nervous Guy

Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Lori (where has she been lately?)

Fezmed (sp)

and of course SDS :doh:

I considered Ice too.  A posting site needs people who keep the debate lively and interesting.  It would be dull if everyone had the same opinion.  I give them credit for sometimes going against the mainstream opinions.  If O.J. can still be on the Wall of Fame but Lou Saban can't, then stevestojan and Ice can be on TBD WOF.

290798[/snapback]

Did Hogboy Swine steal your login info??

:doh:

Let's make sure we reserve the absolutely devoid of original thought a seat up front

290857[/snapback]

Now that's damn funny. You should be on the Wall of Fame just for being funny. I mean...given as it doesn't matter what you post as long as people think you're funny. :doh:

I haven't been a memeber long but I would vote for:

Fezmed (sp)

*sniff* I'm touched at the nomination. :doh:

Unless you meant Frez, in which case... Oops, we don't have that smiley anymore :lol:

CW

Umm, is it really possible to have a "Hall of Fame" for a message board? According to the dictionary:

n : a building containing trophies honoring famous people [syn: Hall of Fame]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

Would the proper location or repository be the "Server" or "Disk" of Fame?

SDS

Mark IV

Rosen

Lamb

Lori

JSP (if he isnt bitchy)

AIO (always bitchy)

LA

and probably ten more I can't think of right now...