REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Why? 

Because again, I root for the team, not the players. I don't want to have a sport where a team and its fans invest time and money into a guy, only to have him decide (while under contract) "you know what, I want to go play with player X in city Y. So, I'm going to cause problems until it happens." That's why.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Wrong to go after the Best WR in the league?

Then again I understand AB not wanting to come to the land where WRs go to Die

Wrong to go after a quitter. I don't care how good he is. I said that a while ago, too. 

And I really don't give a flying F why AB wouldn't want to come to Buffalo. Glad you understand him, though. He needs that. More understanding. Poor AB, he's just so misunderstood. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Our GM cannot be concerned about who is banging who and baby momma drama. Screw that and all the instagram BS. This isn't high school, he's trying to build a winner. 

I would love to see how the Message Board tough guys would react if their wives stepped out on them and then they had to go to work with them every day. 

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because again, I root for the team, not the players. I don't want to have a sport where a team and its fans invest time and money into a guy, only to have him decide (while under contract) "you know what, I want to go playw ith player X in city Y. So, I'm going to cause problems until it happens." That's why.

yet teams can cut a player while under contract

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

That's not realistic. Owners will never agree to guaranteed contracts...players have no choice except not to play

Really?

The just did last year in Minny.

Now ANY QB should start at the Cousins (total guaranteed contract).

Next step for high profile agents and players should be.  Yep I will sign for 5 years at 20% of the cap Per year.  tie the contract to the CAP and take advantage of that yearly cap growth

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, One Buffalo said:

Pretty crazy stuff... I didn't want him, and if the reports that he refused to play for Buffalo are true then he is proving to be just who I thought he was. 

But it shows that Beane is serious and the wild ride is just getting started...

I didn't want Brown either but I wind up in a different place regarding Beane. I like the job Beane has.been doing so far, but I think this would have been a mistake. Not good for the team and actually not good for Brown either for that matter. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Devin White is their new Shazier?  Makes sense.

I actually think that White may not make it to 9.  There's rumors that both Tampa and Detriot really like him.

It’s certainly possible. They’d probably go Greedy otherwise from what he said. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because again, I root for the team, not the players. I don't want to have a sport where a team and its fans invest time and money into a guy, only to have him decide (while under contract) "you know what, I want to go play with player X in city Y. So, I'm going to cause problems until it happens." That's why.

So Bryan Cox was right?

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The minute that AB said no.  The Bills should have been on the phone with the Giants

For the same offer, swap of 1st & 2nd?  Sign me up :)

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Really?

The just did last year in Minny.

Now ANY QB should start at the Cousins (total guaranteed contract).

Next step for high profile agents and players should be.  Yep I will sign for 5 years at 20% of the cap Per year.  tie the contract to the CAP and take advantage of that yearly cap growth

right, forgot about that one, sorry