Shows That Were Cancelled Too Soon

News Radio wasn’t cancelled too soon, because it never recovered from losing Phil Hartman (apparently he was not behind the sofa), but that show could have had a much longer run if his crazy b— wife hadn’t killed him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

News Radio wasn’t cancelled too soon, because it never recovered from losing Phil Hartman (apparently he was not behind the sofa), but that show could have had a much longer run if his crazy b— wife hadn’t killed him.

Phil Hartman was second only to Kelsey Grammer in terms of perfect comedic sitcom timing. Neither needed to do dumbed down bathroom nonsense to be funny. They have/had that subtle comedy about them. Hartman was definitely more than adequate! If you're a big fan of News Radio, you caught that. Such an underrated show.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Vinyl on HBO 

Loved it.   Awesome show cancelled way too soon 

This may be the only thing we ever agree on.  It wasn't perfect, but I really enjoyed it.  Sure, there were a few too many scenes of Bobby Carnavale snorting coke and getting crazy-eyed...but as a music guy, I loved having stories about New York Dolls, Alice Cooper, Todd Rundgeron, Ramones, etc etc on the tele.  The criticism of the show was harsh...people like Richard Hell lambasted it for its' inaccuracy....his biggest gripe seemed to be that, in the pilot, "Johnny Thunders" was using an amp that hadn't been created yet, at the time was supposed to be set in.  It was ridiculous.  The hipster verdict on the show seemed to condemn it after a few episodes.  I stuck with it the whole season, I though it got better as it went on.  Like a lot of shows, the first handful of episodes were a little over the top... anyways, great pick by you!

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I remember Hermans Head from a long time ago, but I just couldn't get over the mental block of Lisa Simpson incarnate (Yeardley Smith)

That show was pretty funny.  

Or how about some of the funky MTV shows like The Head or Aeon Flux.

On 3/1/2019 at 11:57 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

My favorite episode is when they got authentic Buffalo boneless wings from Applebees®, Cookin' Good in the Neighborhood™.

But then everyone would have complained if they went to Duffs or Anchor Bar........

On 3/3/2019 at 9:27 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Chappelle's Show.

Was it canceled? Not by the network but by Chappelle IIRC.

The network I believe wanted it to keep going......

On 3/2/2019 at 1:53 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just to be a contrarian, show my oppositional disorder:

Happy Days.

That show was cancelled TOO SOON!

/smh

At least it never jumped the shark.......

My choice for show canceled to soon  was Titus with Christopher Titus, one of my favorites, loved Stacey Keach as his father...