What Punishment Will the NFL Kraft for the Champs Owner ?

T master

10 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The owner is under the same rules as the players so they can charge him how they see fit actually.  Conduct detrimental to the league. 

Which is why they can't take picks away.

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Jerry Richardson?  Panthers 

sexual misconduct. 

Ring a bell?

Richardson was harassing his own employees.

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Richardson was harassing his own employees.

True. but depending on the facts ....  

Its still too early to know who these women are... but depending on the facts ...

I've seen two different sentences out on the interwebs ....  one said 6 months and $5K fine the other - 

If convicted, Kraft faces up to one year in jail for each count, but generally such cases are settled with a fine and community service. He also would be required to attend a class on the dangers of prostitution and human trafficking.

Sexual harassment or human trafficking .....  

Both are bad, one is worse IMO.

39 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

True. but depending on the facts ....  

Its still too early to know who these women are... but depending on the facts ...

I've seen two different sentences out on the interwebs ....  one said 6 months and $5K fine the other - 

If convicted, Kraft faces up to one year in jail for each count, but generally such cases are settled with a fine and community service. He also would be required to attend a class on the dangers of prostitution and human trafficking.

Sexual harassment or human trafficking .....  

Both are bad, one is worse IMO.

It doesn't really matter who the women are.  Unless they arrived in a container that is labeled "Kraft Group", he's just a john caught paying for a HJ.

Here's an interesting run down of what he's facing: https://www.masslive.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/02/a71d3bb5b06172/whats-next-in-robert-krafts-criminal-case-his-potential-penalties-and-will-the-patriots-owner-go-to-trial.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Jerry Richardson?  Panthers 

sexual misconduct. 

Ring a bell?

These women got paid for what they were doing and chose to do so until proven otherwise.  Their living conditions where likely much better than they  would have been in their home country.  "They got paid to play the game".

Edited by formerlyofCtown

7 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

These women got paid for what they were doing and chose to do so until proven otherwise.  Their living conditions where likely much better than they  would have been in their home country.  "They got paid to play the game".

Well then. 

In that scenario, I guess kidnapping a teenager or homeless female off of the streets and pimping her out gives her a better life??  

As much as I hate the Patriots* (they cheat if you didn't know), other than forcing him to step down, there shouldn't be any direct football ramifications. As terrible as this is, and if the stories that I've read that these women were sex slaves, It's bad. Kraft belongs in jail for life if that's the case.

That being said, it's not a football thing. As much as I hate that team, the coaches, players, etc, (most likely) weren't involved. I felt the same way when the NCAA put so many sanctions on Penn State after the Sandusky thing.  

22 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Something will happen to him because of this silly #metoo enviroment we are living in.

You do realize those girls were sex slaves? 

At least 8 tricks a day no breaks no lunch and no days off

I hope they throw the book at him especially if minors were involved.

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

As much as I hate the Patriots* (they cheat if you didn't know), other than forcing him to step down, there shouldn't be any direct football ramifications. As terrible as this is, and if the stories that I've read that these women were sex slaves, It's bad. Kraft belongs in jail for life if that's the case.

That being said, it's not a football thing. As much as I hate that team, the coaches, players, etc, (most likely) weren't involved. I felt the same way when the NCAA put so many sanctions on Penn State after the Sandusky thing.  

51 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

You do realize those girls were sex slaves? 

At least 8 tricks a day no breaks no lunch and no days off

I hope they throw the book at him especially if minors were involved.

It's a misdemeanor he's charged with.  "The book" would be 6 months per charge.

At Penn St., Sandusky was raping children in the building and his HC and employer knew it.

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

At Penn St., Sandusky was raping children in the building and his HC and employer knew it.

this may be in poor taste ....  

How long did Aaron Hernandez survive in jail?  

Only he won't be the pullee he'll be the puller 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The charges have been increased to a class 1 misdemeanor ... each count is a max of 1 year in jail now.

25 minutes ago, Bills Fan in Haiti said:

The charges have been increased to a class 1 misdemeanor ... each count is a max of 1 year in jail now.

"Kraft is not required to attend his April 24 hearing in Palm Beach County to enter a plea. His attorney can appear on his behalf. Kraft is facing up to a year in prison, a mandatory $5,000 fine and 100 hours of community service per charge, plus enrolling in an educational course on prostitution and human trafficking. However, jail time for a first-time offender like Kraft is considered unlikely."

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Kraft is not required to attend his April 24 hearing in Palm Beach County to enter a plea. His attorney can appear on his behalf. Kraft is facing up to a year in prison, a mandatory $5,000 fine and 100 hours of community service per charge, plus enrolling in an educational course on prostitution and human trafficking. However, jail time for a first-time offender like Kraft is considered unlikely."

normally it is.

Unless some young up and comer wants to make a point.  

I'm pretty sure Kraft is rubbing his forehead and tugging at his collar.  But, he ain't gonna get yanked around or tossed out.  The league won't jerk with him.  I wouldn't be surprised if this turned into a happy ending.

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

He won't do jail time obviously.  But being forced to step down is something I can definitely see happening.

Who's going to vote for that?  This guy?:

Image result for jerry jones hookers

My guess is that would be a precedent that few owners would want to set.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Public humiliation and CBS not showing him in his owner's box nine times each game is good enough for me.

Or showing him and asking if he's still getting the Pulled Pork sandwich 

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think it's funny all you guys think he just got a handjob

don't gross me out !!!!! 

:sick:  :sick: 

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who's going to vote for that?  This guy?:

Image result for jerry jones hookers

My guess is that would be a precedent that few owners would want to set.

I can respect Jerrah, pulling down nice looking woman.  He’s probably embarrassed that a fellow owner is trolling $59 run n tug joints.

1 hour ago, Irv said:

I'm pretty sure Kraft is rubbing his forehead and tugging at his collar.  But, he ain't gonna get yanked around or tossed out.  The league won't jerk with him.  I wouldn't be surprised if this turned into a happy ending.

They'll take all of his money. He'll be so broke, he'll be working with the catering team, tossing salads at Gillette.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I understand that he'll get away with a slap on the wrist. But he SHOULD be put away for life, again, assuming these are sex slaves. Demand creates supply, so morally speaking, he's just as guilty as the people at the top. 

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I can respect Jerrah, pulling down nice looking woman.  He’s probably embarrassed that a fellow owner is trolling $59 run n tug joints.

True.  Jerry doesn't respect thrift.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Jerruh’s just one guy. 

Again, it would be unprecedented.  The precedent that has been set is suspension and fine--Irsay was busted for DUI and 4 felony drug counts (a week or so after one of his mistresses OD'd in a condo he had bought her).  He pled down and paid the price set by the league.

13 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

They'll take all of his money. He'll be so broke, he'll be working with the catering team, tossing salads at Gillette.

I understand that he'll get away with a slap on the wrist. But he SHOULD be put away for life, again, assuming these are sex slaves. Demand creates supply, so morally speaking, he's just as guilty as the people at the top. 

In this country, they don't send guys away for life for paying for HJs in rub and tug shops...your moral outrage notwithstanding.  Also, I would bet lots of these places have engaged or are engaged in human trafficking.  This may be a new concept to you, but it's really not new or unusual, sadly.

Demand creates supply, eh?  Well then, why stop with prostitution?  Illegal drugs are controlled at the source, for the most part, by violent cartels that murder rivals, cops, civilians.  There is blood on every shipment into the country.  Will you have every person busted for drug possession do "life" because people were killed so that they may enjoy their imported illicit drugs.....because, you know, "demand creates supply"?

The people who should go away for a long time are the men and women who brought these workers here and preyed upon their hopes for a better life by imprisoning them.

Of course all of this could be swiftly eliminated with the legalization of prostitution.  Every "massage parlor" could be certified "human sex trafficking free" by the state by demanding documentation and licensing of every worker.  There would simply be no need for anyone to go to an "illegal" rub and tug when the certified ones would be far safer, cleaner, etc.  Your state politicians should also "go away for life" for not proposing and passing such laws, no?  I mean, their inaction has "created supply" of trafficked humans, has it not?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Again, it would be unprecedented.  The precedent that has been set is suspension and fine--Irsay was busted for DUI and 4 felony drug counts (a week or so after one of his mistresses OD'd in a condo he had bought her).  He pled down and paid the price set by the league.

The drug charges weren't felonious since he had prescriptions for them.  And then there's Jerry Richardson.

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

The drug charges weren't felonious since he had prescriptions for them.  And then there's Jerry Richardson.

The prescriptions came from a doctor and pharmacy in partnership of running a pill mill.

Richardson has already been discussed.  He was sexually and racially harassing his own employees.  Then he paid them to keep silent.

As anyone can conclude, that's different than paying for a happy ending.

And people here seem to forget that Richardson voluntarily sold the Panthers.....

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The prescriptions came from a doctor and pharmacy in partnership of running a pill mill.

Richardson has already been discussed.  He was sexually and racially harassing his own employees.  Then he paid them to keep silent.

As anyone can conclude, that's different than paying for a happy ending.

And people here seem to forget that Richardson voluntarily sold the Panthers.....

Paying for sex is illegal and while Irsay may have gotten fake prescriptions, he had them.  There's no prescription for what Bobby did.  And the fact that they were sex slaves, whether he knew about it or not, is bad optics for the NFL and that's what they care about most. 

And I didn't say that Kraft will have to sell the team.  I said stepping-down is a real possibility.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Paying for sex is illegal and while Irsay may have gotten fake prescriptions, he had them.  There's no prescription for what Bobby did.  And the fact that they were sex slaves, whether he knew about it or not, is bad optics for the NFL and that's what they care about most. 

And I didn't say that Kraft will have to sell the team.  I said stepping-down is a real possibility.

Yes, it's illegal.  That's why there's a warrant out for his arrest.  But just like Irsay "had prescriptions" to make the felony charges tough to prove, the fact that these women were trafficked won't have any bearing on his plea deal.  And therefore, it won't have much impact on his penalty from the league, I think.  In effect, they would be asserting that he had to have known, or that it was even reasonable for anyone to have known that these particular women were there against their will.  That's an impossible assumption to make.

Also, "stepping down" would be a voluntary act by Kraft.  So why even mention it as a penalty (or bring up Richardson, for that matter)?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, it's illegal.  That's why there's a warrant out for his arrest.  But just like Irsay "had prescriptions" to make the felony charges tough to prove, the fact that these women were trafficked won't have any bearing on his plea deal.  And therefore, it won't have much impact on his penalty from the league, I think.  In effect, they would be asserting that he had to have known, or that it was even reasonable for anyone to have known that these particular women were there against their will.  That's not possible.

Also, "stepping down" would be a voluntary act by Kraft.  So why even mention it as a penalty (or bring up Richardson, for that matter)?

If he were to step down, it wouldn't be voluntary.