Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

We both know from a personal standpoint that Goodell did not give a crap about what Irsay did.  Goodell's job is to protect the league's revenue and Kraft's conduct even if he walks out of court unscathed will be damaging to female viewership which the league is trying to increase.  Goodell can't sit there and tell everybody that Kraft nodded his head in every owner's meeting that a discipline issue popped up at but now when it is Kraft's turn to face punishment he won't undergo the same process.  The media will roast the NFL into being rid of Kraft.  Certainly the media of 31 NFL cities.

Good points.  Agree that Goodell has to come down hard on Kraft.  I don't think that any punishment that Goodell comes up with should be dictated by the media.  The media's job is to report...that's it.  I do think the other 31 owner's advice/opinions probably should be sought out as it is a small fraternity and they all have to work together on league issues.  It will be interesting to see the final verdict.  Kraft's star will fall hard, for sure, but I'm not sure he'll be forced to sell the franchise ala Carolina.  Bob Kraft will most likely be banished from the NFL and his son will run the franchise.

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

The idea of human trafficking enrages me to the point that I would be for public execution of the convicted. 

Convicted of what, the actual trafficking right?

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

A good friend of mine just got owned in family court (Erie County).He's actually suicidal right now.

Just another story to add to the heap, sorry to hear about another victim.

Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

No idea really.  What about the % who would be willing to do it to make good money, but are afraid of the consequences?  Is that even a thing?  I'm betting it is, but I have no personal experience with prostitution.  

My GF used to be in the ahem, Canadian ballet, back when it was just peep shows.  She could see where it was going in the late 90's and decided to leave the show.  Seems a lot of women will do whatever, if there is enough money involved.

Maybe in the off season...

The problem with legalization is that criminals aren't always criminals out of necessity- Especially those who run syndicates and rings such as this. Usually they are criminals because its the best and easiest (to them at least) way to make money. I don't think guys who beat women and chain them up and use them as sexual objects have a whole lot of desire to go legal. Harsher punishment to prevent recidivism and maybe to discourage (though that goes to the above point as well) is the way to go in my opinion. 

Another side is that if you remove what constraints there are from prostitution (namely the illegality of it) it will increase demand which will increase the need for supply and I think you actually would see a rise in subjection and trafficking. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think you actually would see a rise in subjection and trafficking

That's why border security and an actual strict immigration policy come in to play.  And I'm not saying all will be solved.  However, the illogicality of the open border policy coupled with the sanctuary city nonsense is about the worst way you can try to solve the issue(s).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

That's why border security and an actual strict immigration policy come in to play.  And I'm not saying all will be solved.  However, the illogicality of the open border policy coupled with the sanctuary city nonsense is about the worst way you can try to solve the issue(s).

That I will agree with. 

1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

Caution #2: keep politics off main board threads. 

Have you read the posting rules here?

• Thank you (+1) 1