Top 50 Free Agents of 2019 as per The Athletic

blacklabel

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We aren’t signing any of them and I don’t hate it.  FA is fools gold and you just overpay on players their previous teams didn’t fully want.  

And the Foles contract is going to be funny.  He’s not that good. 

Hyde, Poyer, and Lorax seem to be doing okay.  Not all FA's leave because their previous teams didn't fully want them.  Salary cap hell, bad system fit, and/or loaded at the position are just some reasons teams are forced to let players they like walk.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Estro said:

The Bill's offered him a 3 year deal last offseason that O belov was in the $7M per yr range.  He turned our offer down to sign a 1 year, $5 M prove it deal with the Ravens.  Strange, he either really didnt like Buffalo or was concerned about the QB situation.  

Allen may have been better than many expected but the passing #s were still atrocious.  Not sure he'd have interest signing here, when we already were the high bidders last year and he said no.  The third team that showed interest in him last offseason was the Raiders.

I would try again.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Estro said:

The Bill's offered him a 3 year deal last offseason that O belov was in the $7M per yr range.  He turned our offer down to sign a 1 year, $5 M prove it deal with the Ravens.  Strange, he either really didnt like Buffalo or was concerned about the QB situation.  

Allen may have been better than many expected but the passing #s were still atrocious.  Not sure he'd have interest signing here, when we already were the high bidders last year and he said no.  The third team that showed interest in him last offseason was the Raiders.

Peterman was the starter, can you blame him? The fact that Allen led the league in air yards per attempt might help. I think he would be a good fit, get him if they can then draft another.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Ouch. Nice catch!

I actually prefer Mitch to Paradis because of his physicality. Just scrolled right on past his name I suppose.

A lot of Chiefs fans are saying Morse is one concussion away from retirement and they doubt he will ever play a full season again.

16 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Salivating reading that list.

Being practical... give me these 4 and I'd be happy:

12. Trent Brown (26), OT, New England Patriots

32. Ronald Darby (25), CB, Philadelphia Eagles

36. Matt Paradis (29), C, Denver Broncos

39. Jared Cook (32), TE, Oakland Raiders

Why would we use a bunch of cap space on a CB when our staff has no issues finding good CBs for cheap. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Salivating reading that list.

Being practical... give me these 4 and I'd be happy:

12. Trent Brown (26), OT, New England Patriots

32. Ronald Darby (25), CB, Philadelphia Eagles

36. Matt Paradis (29), C, Denver Broncos

39. Jared Cook (32), TE, Oakland Raiders

Trent Brown is tough to evaluate when Brady gets the ball out as quick as he does, our offensive style is different.  McDermott uses a zone coverage scheme and Darby is more polished and used to a man-to-man coverage scheme. Paradis would be a nice option, as would Morse.  I'd prefer the younger Morse who has more time to grow with Allen.  Cook is 32 and is very inconsistent.  We just had an aging inconsistent starting tight end.  Again, I think they are looking for a younger talent at that position to grow with Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

Given the way Beane has talked about college OL (mainly on how long it takes those guys to get up to speed at the NFL level), I'm inclined to think he's going to try and shore up the line through free agency because he may want guys that are already experienced. This way, they don't have to worry too much about coaching up a kid who just spent four years in a spread system without putting his hand in the dirt. I think they'll still go for some OL in later rounds for depth but if they're looking to hit the ground running in revamping the OL then going after some experienced guys seems like the way to go.

Edited by blacklabel

19 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I say fix the Trenches in FA and go after the skill position player in the draft. It won’t be a flashy way to spend that money but I’d rather have veterans in front of josh. Olineman are not being developed properly at the college level. Buy the lineman, draft the skill players.

Yep I’m down for that too. Take a couple developmental linemen both on offense and defense in rounds 4 and 5 

On 2/19/2019 at 11:19 AM, blacklabel said:

27. Anthony Barr (27), LB, Minnesota Vikings
Upon entering the league many viewed him as a 3-4 LB but has played in a 4-3 during his time in Minnesota. Elite athlete with solid blitzing ability but over the past two seasons hasn't made many splash plays, unless you count his imitation of a human hurdle for Josh Allen.

Oooh snappp:pirate:

15. Tyrell Williams (27), WR, Los Angeles Chargers

37. Ja'Wuan James (27), OT, Miami Dolphins

41. Mitch Morse (27), C, Kansas City Chiefs

Give me those three and one of these guys and I'd be thrilled:

27. Anthony Barr (27), LB, Minnesota Vikings

44. Shaquil Barrett (26), OLB/DE, Denver Broncos

46. Terrell Suggs (36), OLB/DE, Baltimore Ravens

The O-Line I really want to see them sign two decent to good FA's and IMO Tyrell should be their #1 target for WR. My goal is to build a WR corp not one guy and I believe with him Foster and Jones plus a draft pick WR and McKenzie the WR corp is far more dynamic which they should want. If you sign those three you go into the draft like this on offense:

WR1 T. Williams WR-Slot Jones LT Dawkins LG Long C Morse RG Miller RT James TE Croom/Thomas WR2 Foster (not including QB or RB but we know those)

I think with that you really have the ability to work from a position of strength and can draft BPA whether it is OL/DE/WR in the first 3 rounds.

In regards to defense they need another edge rusher and Barr and Barrett are young enough to give them some years and hopefully decent numbers. Suggs would be a vet move mixed with his sack ability which could really help to polish off what already is a solid D.