Charles Clay Released

FluffHead

24 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I actually think that Jason Croom is a good downfield receiver, and seems to go after the catch with some discernible talent.  

The Bills need to add, probably, a TE who can really block well, as well as be a receiving threat.  

I tend to believe that those assets are in the draft, on the first two days.  The Bills are pretty thin in so many areas so I do not know if they will be able to spend treasure for such an asset.

I think I like Croom more than most. Not as the top guy, but he can help in the passing game.....IF he learns how to down down rather than fight for an extra 6 inches while getting stripped of the ball. I had hoped he would learn after it happened the first time.....but then, I hoped Clay would get healthy too. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think I like Croom more than most. Not as the top guy, but he can help in the passing game.....IF he learns how to down down rather than fight for an extra 6 inches while getting stripped of the ball. I had hoped he would learn after it happened the first time.....but then, I hoped Clay would get healthy too. 

...Pegula's daughter approves of this message.........

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

I get it - our fans want a star TE and we hoped Clay would be it.  

The weird part is, there were some games where he looked like that guy. Mostly against the Dolphins, it seemed. What a coincidence! 

4 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I get it - our fans want a star TE and we hoped Clay would be it.  

..certainly agree.....you know my friend, as I head into year 57 following this club, I'm steadfast saying THE most neglected spot EASILY at #1 is QB post Kelly era....BUT....the TE spot ranks closely behind at #2....effing up TWO keys positions is beyond comprehension....gimme some Robert Royal....NOT....SMH..........

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

It was time, his remaining years at a high level were waisted with Tyrod at QB.  I hope it is that he is disgusted with how things turned out here.  Hope he does well elsewhere.

I am sure you will cheer for him if he plays for PHISH, JEST or P*Ts against us but will you buy a jersey?

The sad part is that (until this year) Clay was probably the best TE the Bills have had in almost 30 years. You just never know what he could have done in a successful offense or with a good QB.  Still this past season was a big step back and it was time for a move. I hope we find a way to get the best TE in the draft. Even if it means at 9. I want to see one legitimate top tier TE on the Bills for the first time ever.