Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
IgotBILLStopay

Will we see a Tyrod - Roman pairing again?

Recommended Posts

Why will it happen?

 

Post-Flacco, Ravens need a backup for Jackson. I think they can do a lot worse than TuhRod Taylor. Greg Roman (their OC) is familiar with him (and in 2015 Roman determined that Tyrod beat out Matt Cassell and EJ Manuel in training camp - so he clearly thinks well of Tyrod).  Additionally Jackson is just a more dynamic version of Tyrod - so the offensive scheme in Baltimore can remain the same. Also Tyrod spent his formative years in the league in Baltimore.

 

Why will it not happen?

 

Anthony Lynn is also a big Tyrod fan - so it is possible Tyrod burnt some bridges with Roman by embracing Lynn after the former's firing.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might happen and I think you give some good reasons why it makes sense.  I don't really care if he becomes their back up.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I don't really care if he becomes their back up.  

 

Why would anyone?

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Why will it happen?

 

Post-Flacco, Ravens need a backup for Jackson. I think they can do a lot worse than TuhRod Taylor. Greg Roman (their OC) is familiar with him (and in 2015 Roman determined that Tyrod beat out Matt Cassell and EJ Manuel in training camp - so he clearly thinks well of Tyrod).  Additionally Jackson is just a more dynamic version of Tyrod - so the offensive scheme in Baltimore can remain the same. Also Tyrod spent his formative years in the league in Baltimore.

 

This totally makes sense. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a fan of Jackson before the draft......but when he came into the league I definately saw some things that are going to hold him back as a QB if he does not seriously work on them........

 

I think Tyrod going to the Ravens makes sense because there is a chance for him to actually start there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

 

Why would anyone?

Since you asked😀

 

stealing from a fellow poster

 

1. Some maybe wondering if the Bills would be interested in bringing him back as JA's backup.

2. Maybe to reinforce the fact that the Bills should have asked for more compensation in the trade with Browns since it will be proof that he is not widely regarded as useless.

3. Maybe I (or others on this board) am (are) interning as a junior capologist with the Ravens and it is a good idea to run this by yall first before presenting it to my (their) GM

4. Bored

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyrod I think ends up in Washington, Baltimore, Seattle, SD, Oak, Denver, Mia, or Jax.  

 

Potential to compete to start, at least for one year:  Was, Mia, Jax or possibly Oak (ONLY if they traded Carr like some think they may try to do)

All these teams are in transition at QB, could go with rookies and need a vet like Cleveland did last year.  Oak, I think they may try and trade Carr and that could be to Giants, Mia, or Jax too...and if they do, then they are obviously drafting a QB then look at signing a veteran guy like TT the way Cleveland did last year, especially if they drafted Murray.

 

Certain backup:  Balt, Sea, SD, Denver, Oak.

Similar styles in terms of his ability to run and lead a similar offense in Balt and Seattle.  Although, Balt has (or had, not sure of his contract situation) RG3, so there may not be a need there.  Seattle I don't think has a good backup, and Tyrod could be a guy that run the type of offense they run if Wilson got hurt and they even considered Kap at one point.  SD has the Lynn connection and they dont have anything behind an older Rivers right now that can help them compete if Rivers misses a little time.    

 

 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

in 2015 Roman determined that Tyrod beat out Matt Cassell and EJ Manuel in training camp - so he clearly thinks well of Tyrod

 

Or he didn't think much of Matt Cassell and EJ Manuel.

 

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what Tyrod was thinking watching a rookie go in there, take his job, and completely out class him. 

 

I wonder if Tyrod has come to grips that he's a backup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he'll end up close to home.  If Washington has any interest he'll sign there to start for at least this season.  Otherwise, it's back to Baltimore as a backup.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I wonder what Tyrod was thinking watching a rookie go in there, take his job, and completely out class him. 

 

I wonder if Tyrod has come to grips that he's a backup?

 

He's gonna be like Fitz: a backup who gets starting gigs as the bridge QB on several different teams.

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I wonder what Tyrod was thinking watching a rookie go in there, take his job, and completely out class him. 

 

I wonder if Tyrod has come to grips that he's a backup?

 

Has fitz yet? I don’t see any reason for these guys to surrender anything until they no longer have a team willing to pay them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

 

Has fitz yet? I don’t see any reason for these guys to surrender anything until they no longer have a team willing to pay them. 

 

At least Fitz aint chicken. Fitz will grip-it-n-rip-it. Id rather have Fitz than Tyrod any day.

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

 

He's gonna be like Fitz: a backup who gets starting gigs as the bridge QB on several different teams.

 

 

With Kase Keenum on the market (soon to be) I don't think Tyrod gets a whiff from anybody for starting this year. He's just awful. He's a good runner, but about the worst, most gutless passer I've ever had the displeasure of watching next to EJ Manuel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Dude said:

 

At least Fitz aint chicken. Fitz will grip-it-n-rip-it. Id rather have Fitz than Tyrod any day.

 

He’s all yours.

 

I’ll take playoffs and career winning record any day so we both should be happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Tyrod Taylor all the best.  Class act.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Since you asked😀

 

stealing from a fellow poster

 

1. Some maybe wondering if the Bills would be interested in bringing him back as JA's backup.

2. Maybe to reinforce the fact that the Bills should have asked for more compensation in the trade with Browns since it will be proof that he is not widely regarded as useless.

3. Maybe I (or others on this board) am (are) interning as a junior capologist with the Ravens and it is a good idea to run this by yall first before presenting it to my (their) GM

4. Bored

Of these choices, the only logical one is #4.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I wonder what Tyrod was thinking watching a rookie go in there, take his job, and completely out class him. 

 

I wonder if Tyrod has come to grips that he's a backup?

 

Perhaps not. After all, he has played in a probowl. Even most established starters haven't done that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

 

Perhaps not. After all, he has played in a probowl. Even most established starters haven't done that.

 

Tyrods presence in the pro bowl confirms that the pro bowl is NOT an all star game but instead a “who can we get” game. 

 

Look how many good QBs won’t go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

 

Perhaps not. After all, he has played in a probowl. Even most established starters haven't done that.

 

When you bring up a Pro Bowl appearance in support of your argument for a player, the terrorists have won.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense.

 

 

Edited by wppete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyrod Taylor single-handedly ended the drought.  For that, we should be grateful.

  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Why will it happen?

 

Post-Flacco, Ravens need a backup for Jackson. I think they can do a lot worse than TuhRod Taylor. Greg Roman (their OC) is familiar with him (and in 2015 Roman determined that Tyrod beat out Matt Cassell and EJ Manuel in training camp - so he clearly thinks well of Tyrod).  Additionally Jackson is just a more dynamic version of Tyrod - so the offensive scheme in Baltimore can remain the same. Also Tyrod spent his formative years in the league in Baltimore.

 

Why will it not happen?

 

Anthony Lynn is also a big Tyrod fan - so it is possible Tyrod burnt some bridges with Roman by embracing Lynn after the former's firing.

 

Actually Roman determined Matt Cassel had won the competition. Rex Ryan decided Tyrod Taylor was the guy. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Tyrod Taylor single-handedly ended the drought.  For that, we should be grateful.

The one that was caused by a curse that came from seating best QB in Bills History (in the 90s at least), Doug Flutie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...