Saquon Barkley wins Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year

YoloinOhio

39 minutes ago, DJB said:

Mayfield  was more impressive to me to do it as a rookie QB and also simply being a Cleveland  Brown.

Barkley had a 5.0 ypc and was had over 2000 yards combined  rushing and receiving as a rookie RB.   He was more productive than a lot of veteran stars.   Seems like a no brainer to me.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Barkley had a 5.0 ypc and was had over 2000 yards combined  rushing and receiving as a rookie RB.   He was more productive than a lot of veteran stars.   Seems like a no brainer to me.

They both had excellent seasons, but Barkley is a special talent.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Exactly. Barkley is already performing at elite levels regardless of experience in the league. Mayfield was impressive as a rookie, but not compared to veteran QB's. If Mayfield plays the same for the rest of his career he'll be a disappointment. If Barkley plays the same he'll be elite.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Barkley is a legitimate pick, but far from a no-brainer pick. Stats are nice. Barkley is a great player, but Mayfield performed a high level in a more important postion, and basically turned around the hopes and dreams of a franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Exactly. Barkley is already performing at elite levels regardless of experience in the league. Mayfield was impressive as a rookie, but not compared to veteran QB's. If Mayfield plays the same for the rest of his career he'll be a disappointment. If Barkley plays the same he'll be elite.

Well said and exactly on point.

1 hour ago, teef said:

brady quinn was telling mayfield on the radio yesterday that he was a lock to win.  

Why does anyone listen to that schmuck? 

Not only was he colossally bad at football, but every time he opens his mouth as an analyst he says some dumb *****. 

Edited by whatdrought

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Barkley should win this unanimously.  It's not even close.

Really? I didn’t even think Barkley was the most impressive rookie at his position.

I could easily see them choosing Mayfield, he played head and shoulders above his peer group.

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Really? I didn’t even think Barkley was the most impressive rookie at his position.

I could easily see them choosing Mayfield, he played head and shoulders above his peer group.

Barkley had 1300 rushing yards and averaged 5 YPC.  He also had 721 receiving yards.

He was 2nd in the entire league (Elliott) in carries and yards.

He was the 2nd best RB in the entire NFL, let alone compared to his peer group.

Just now, Gugny said:

Barkley had 1300 rushing yards and averaged 5 YPC.  He also had 721 receiving yards.

I liked Philip Lindsey better. And imo it's eminently debatable who the top RBs in the league are...I like Gurley, McCaffrey, Gordon, Kamara etc a ton too. Barkley is good no doubt but I can easily see the argument for Mayfield.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I liked Philip Lindsey better. And imo it's eminently debatable who the top RBs in the league are...I like Gurley, McCaffrey, Gordon, Kamara etc a ton too. Barkley is good no doubt but I can easily see the argument for Mayfield.

wow

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think it could be argued he was the best. at least up for a debate.

• Like (+1) 1