Dee Ford Discusses Offside Penalty and Perspective

Gugny

"He told me, 'Don't think about it. We've gotta move forward. We all could have been four inches better, ya know?'" Ford said after Friday's Pro Bowl practice. "That was big. That was a big quote to say. 'We all could have been four inches better.'"

Weird. My wife always gives me that same advice.

Also.....***** off, Dee

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Reid said: "don't worry about it!  I sat on the sidelines watching you guys gasping for air as NE gashed you all the way down the field....and I refused to call a TO, because that's what I do in the playoffs!  Kid, don't worry about it.  Look at it this way:  you're never going to win another playoff game with me as HC--we were doomed at the FIRST coin flip of the game.  Feel the relief!"

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Did Brady address this?  He either would have seen Ford was Offside and/or seen the flag and knew that it was a free play.

I feel like the flag came out late, but how could Brady NOT have known it was going to be called?  The point you're making (at least the point I think you're trying to make) is valid, IMO.  If Brady didn't see him clearly lined up over the line, he likely would not have thrown the INT.  He never gets called for intentional grounding, anyway, so my guess is the play is either entirely different, or he just throws the ball in the dirt.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Did Brady address this?  He either would have seen Ford was Offside and/or seen the flag and knew that it was a free play.

Did he see it? Brady actually willed him into the neutral zone! He’s a witch, I tell you! 

That's why I want to know if Tommy Boy talked about it after the game.  My bet is he knew it was a free play so no matter the outcome, the worst that would happen is they play the down over (if a Cheaters player also committed a penalty).

The game is 60 minutes long. There are potential game-changing plays in every quarter, but it's only when it happens near the end that someone says "He blew the game!" The Chiefs had several opportunities to put that game away. They lost as a team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Reid said: "don't worry about it!  I sat on the sidelines watching you guys gasping for air as NE gashed you all the way down the field....and I refused to call a TO, because that's what I do in the playoffs!  Kid, don't worry about it.  Look at it this way:  you're never going to win another playoff game with me as HC--we were doomed at the FIRST coin flip of the game.  Feel the relief!"

I am sorry but this to me is an iuncredibly bizzare comment/attitude.     And what is

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Clicky the linky.

I clicked the link and read the entire thing and still find it bizarre.  

I was amazed how he didnt call a timeout during that entire sequence, look at the last play, the Chiefs some of them just stood there and he doesn't call a timeout because that is jus what he does in the playoffs?  Weird.  Yes i understand he is trying to make Ford fell better but you spend all that time and energy all season and you dont call a timeout for the last drive of the season (if they score and did easily at the end).

ANd what does this mean,  "you're never going to win another playoff game with me as HC" What?  Why in the hell is a HC saying something like that, way to inspire a player.

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I clicked the link and read the entire thing and still find it bizarre.  

I was amazed how he didnt call a timeout during that entire sequence, look at the last play, the Chiefs some of them just stood there and he doesn't call a timeout because that is jus what he does in the playoffs?  Weird.  Yes i understand he is trying to make Ford fell better but you spend all that time and energy all season and you dont call a timeout for the last drive of the season (if they score and did easily at the end).

ANd what does this mean,  "you're never going to win another playoff game with me as HC" What?  Why in the hell is a HC saying something like that, way to inspire a player.

You didn't read it.  Any of it.

Again ... if you click the link and actually read the story, you'll see that you're being duped by fake quotes.  This is why our country is what it is right now.  No one wants to take time to find factual information.  They just read what others say and run with it.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You didn't read it.  Any of it.

Again ... if you click the link and actually read the story, you'll see that you're being duped by fake quotes.  This is why our country is what it is right now.  No one wants to take time to find factual information.  They just read what others say and run with it.

You are full of BS, i read the entire link

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25851800/dee-ford-credits-kansas-city-chiefs-coach-andy-reid-helping-process-offside-penalty-afc-championship-game

all the way down to the next story re ADam Vinateria so your little diatribe and sanctimonious self-righteous lecture is wrong.   No mention of fake quotes.  

12 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The game is 60 minutes long. There are potential game-changing plays in every quarter, but it's only when it happens near the end that someone says "He blew the game!" The Chiefs had several opportunities to put that game away. They lost as a team.

You can not go back and point out another thing that happened earlier had more or less or same impact. It changes everything after you go back and change something.The most important thing happening happens when it happens in real time. The real time you are in at this moment. The past is now irrelevant.

I know it is very confusing.

EX: this game is over. Pats won. Only thing that matters now would be if Goodell right now in this moment in time decided he was invoking a never used rule to make them play it over(will never happen for a host of reasons) So more important event then moves on in real time, that would be Goodell is headed to the press conference having told no one about his decision yet to announce this, then moving ahead in real time his safety on this cab trip downtown is most important, then moving ahead in real time as he steps out of the cab he then is immediately raptured into heaven and never able to announce that intention. So the rapture was now the most important thing not the decision to invoke the rule or the cab trip.

Another ex: memory is on a wave of consciousness. My typing right now is all my world in my conscious level. When I finish my conscious level proceeds on. 30 years from now this typing I will not remember and possibly likely this whole exercise of conversation will be forgotten. But as of this very moment these letters are going down it is all I know in the world. That moment will pass as i go upstairs to shower. All that matters then as this wave of memory moves on is what I do as it is happening. So I don't fall going up the steps and die hitting my head then onto the shower were I don't slip and fall and hit my head and die from that. Those then become more important as my wave of consciousness moves forward into the future(or present depending on point of view IE: the future never gets here as you are always in the present)

My point is the off sides at that very moment it happened was the most important thing at that moment to decide the outcome of that game.  Dee Ford cost the Chiefs the win.

by about a 99.99999999999999999999 % probability he did.

You could always argue KC could have fumbled the knell down snap etc etc but very very unlikely as I do not believe any team has turned it over in the modern knell down plays they now run.