Senior Bowl- Day 3 A Bills fan first hand take

CEN-CAL17

50 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Anthony Johnson you describe isn't the AJ I've seen play for two seasons.

I’ve seen some great tape. I mentioned that. I didn’t see that guy. I expected him to look bigger. His muscle tone isn’t there. He doesn’t look strong. He didn’t look quick, I’m sure when he runs the route tree he won’t excel at the 2nd round level like some say. Buffalo is in the Mid American Conference. He puts himself out there with some of the better Seniors from top conferences. I’m not saying he’s terrible. I didn’t see the kid I expected to see that you see on film. What did the networks say about him during practices this week?

We will see. I’ve heard 2nd round grade on here. IMO based on what I saw yesterday.... I could be wrong. But I’m saying 4th round, maybe 5th.  Time will tell. Day 3 is my guess.

2 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Dalton Risner sounds like a Frank Ragnow type player and if he can play like him im all in with him in 2nd rd.

Ragnow went 20th overall, Kolton Miller went 15th. 

Risner is a day 1 starter. Any position on OL except LT. That makes him valuable. He could be a solid RT but I think he has the potential to be an all Pro Center. I’d expect him around that Range 15-20.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Ragnow went 20th overall, Kolton Miller went 15th. 

Risner is a day 1 starter. And position on OL except LT. That makes him valuable. I’d expect him around that Range 15-20.

Seems like ideal situation is that there is a QB the Skins want to trade up to our position for and we are able to get Risner

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Thanks for all the work you put in on this. It's great to see some first-hand info from someone who is looking at the things we want to know as Bills fans.

Yeah. I’ve watched the Senior Bowl practices for the last Decade easily.

No bias here. There were guys I wanted to be excited about but walked away unimpressed.  That’s the thing. A lot of these guys are talented but most are day 3 guys.

Great write up, thank you. nfl.com disagrees with you on Sweat, especially when he knocked a tackle over 1 on 1. Did you just go for funsies or hoping the front office reads your notes? Is practice open to everyone? That's really cool you got to sit so close to Polian and the Bills staff.

10 hours ago, PIZ said:

Risner seems like a perfect match for this Buffalo team.  He and Josh Allen are going to get along great.  Trade down a few and get him. Then get Powers or Lindstrom for RG.  

This was a great write-up.

If we can find a partner to trade down a few spots, I could really see this happening. Risner sounds like a true leader. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Seems like ideal situation is that there is a QB the Skins want to trade up to our position for and we are able to get Risner

I agree. If a deal can be made with Washington, move down to 15, pick up there 2nd rounder-#46 and pick Risner. Please don't pick the RB from Alabama here. There are good players to be had on day #2 and we would have 3, possibly 4 day #2 picks.

11 hours ago, Augie said:

OK, I have not even read this yet, but this old guy loves your font!      ?

To the OP: great post!

To the readers: if the font is too big and messing up on mobile devices, PM me and I'll edit - it's borderline for what I'd normally edit down but taking my input from Augie I'll leave it unless reported problems.

Kingsley Keke has improved every year at A&M. He bounced between DT and DE there, because of his athleticism. Both he and Daylon Mack, another DT from A&M, are quick. I've seen projections of round 5-7. Whoever takes these guys will be getting a steal. Hopefully the Bills. The depth at DT is amazing in this draft. I hope we draft elsewhere, and pick up a DT later.

Disappointed to hear about Montez Sweat. He was a monster at Miss State, but as was pointed out, that was college, and the OTs in the NFL are a bit tougher. Deebo sounds like a winner. His presence on the field made South Carolina a completely different team. He's a bit of a game changer. 

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To the OP: great post!

To the readers: if the font is too big and messing up on mobile devices, PM me and I'll edit - it's borderline for what I'd normally edit down but taking my input from Augie I'll leave it unless reported problems.

It’s my post and I say edit it. Please. But that’s just me

2 hours ago, Cheesus said:

Great write up, thank you. nfl.com disagrees with you on Sweat, especially when he knocked a tackle over 1 on 1. Did you just go for funsies or hoping the front office reads your notes? Is practice open to everyone? That's really cool you got to sit so close to Polian and the Bills staff.

I saw the 1 on 1 you’re talking about which was impressive, The OTs were weak here, but we’ve all known this class is weak at OT. Did nfl Network show on Day 3 when he get his face slammed in the turf from a pancake Block? This weekend watch for Risner vs Sweat. My money is on Risner.

I just see how Bradley Chubb went top 5... but you could tell he was lower body powerful, so was Myles Garrett. Sweat is talked about being top 10. Looks at Jelks from Oregon. Same lower body build, Sweats not as tall(like 1 inch shorter), but Sweat is definitely stronger upper body. 

Im saying Sweat goes 20-32. But that’s just my opinion.

I do this just for fun. I’ve followed the draft and senior bowl heavily for like 15 years. I live 2 hours away and it’s a free event for the public. I wrote it for the fans. It’s only my opinion. I have in my mind where I think these kids stack up and it’s fun challenging myself. If others hi notes could be compared.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You're biasssssssss'd

Sure as hell am. 

2 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I’ve seen some great tape. I mentioned that. I didn’t see that guy. I expected him to look bigger. His muscle tone isn’t there. He doesn’t look strong. He didn’t look quick, I’m sure when he runs the route tree he won’t excel at the 2nd round level like some say. Buffalo is in the Mid American Conference. He puts himself out there with some of the better Seniors from top conferences. I’m not saying he’s terrible. I didn’t see the kid I expected to see that you see on film. What did the networks say about him during practices this week?

We will see. I’ve heard 2nd round grade on here. IMO based on what I saw yesterday.... I could be wrong. But I’m saying 4th round, maybe 5th.  Time will tell. Day 3 is my guess.

I think he's not fully recovered from the groin injury from mid-season. He probably came back too soon.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I love Deebo.  Hope we can snag him in round 2, I'd like to see what Daboll would do with him.

I think Deebo will go round 2. I’d be surprised if he didn’t. But again there’s some talented WRs in this class. Maybe he’s the first pick in the 3rd lol.