How far do we let The Dude's Racism Go?

Just now, DC Tom said:

You haven't been around much then, recently.  He's been pretty tame the last few days.

Usually I catch up on many threads at a time. So some of the garbage I've read yesterday and today could probably be a few days old.

There seemed to be a white men are awesome and made America great train of thought he was on in a few posts. His usual kill Arabs diatribes, and I'm thinking something about being superior to blacks in a post or two.

2 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Usually I catch up on many threads at a time. So some of the garbage I've read yesterday and today could probably be a few days old.

There seemed to be a white men are awesome and made America great train of thought he was on in a few posts. His usual kill Arabs diatribes, and I'm thinking something about being superior to blacks in a post or two.

I'd search for a selection of his greatest hits for you and Paulus...but frankly, I don't care to read any of his crap right now.  And while you're actually doing your homework, Paulus and his "you're being lazy by not reading me bedtime stories" attitude can go pound sand up his ass as far as I'm concerned.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think if we're going to vote to ban The_Dude we should also consider banning anyone starting threads with poetry. Seriously, for those of you that re worried about legal repercussions just claim that you are trying to rehabilitate him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think if we're going to vote to ban The_Dude we should also consider banning anyone starting threads with poetry. Seriously, for those of you that re worried about legal repercussions just claim that you are trying to rehabilitate him.

I find that to be more odious than The_Dude's antics.  He's at least letting us know he's a low-life.  *****nuts is a low-life posting poetry to convince himself he's better than everyone else.

2 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

I'm all for free speech and I can easily ignore him.

But these are private forums so free speech doesn't necessarily exist here.

I get the argument that stupidity is fun to play with once in a while, but I just can't see the fun in egging on racism.

We seem to enjoy discussing racism or mistaken racism in society, how about here in our own forum?

What did he say? I thumbed through a few of his recent posts and didn't find anything that struck me as overtly racist.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

The Dude is not the person with the darkest background here, as most of us know. 

This is is an accepting place. 

Let's ban people posting poetry!

3 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

I get the argument that stupidity is fun to play with once in a while, but I just can't see the fun in egging on racism.

We seem to enjoy discussing racism or mistaken racism in society, how about here in our own forum?

Are you referring to some of his posts regarding Muslims? 

The news media wants us to believe that Muslim is a race.  It isn't.  They also want us to believe that people of middle eastern origin are their own race.  Well, the U.S. government considers middle easterners as white for purposes of the census so I suppose that makes middle eastern Americans part of the white privilege crowd. 

Edited by keepthefaith

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You haven't been around much then, recently.  He's been pretty tame the last few days.

Now who's being lazy?

No, you prove to me something doesn't exist! 

I assert you all are bald faced liars. Prove me wrong. You guys are such a pack of old hens.

I put him on ignore a while ago, and if his comments are ever quoted by someone else, I just scroll past them. He's beyond racist. He's a freaking nutjob.

But let's say we take action against him here. Let's say we stand up together and deliver him the harshest blow we can possibly deliver, which is a permanent ban. Neither you nor I nor anyone here can do anything more than that.

So let's say he gets permanently banned. Do you honestly think he's going to stop being a total nutjob? No. He'll just be a nutjob somewhere else. 

Put him on ignore. If idiots here find it necessary to converse with him, consider at least that it's a few moments less that he's being a nutjob in public.

5 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Get rid of that ***** Canadian while you’re at it! 

This I can get behind.

6 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Are you referring to some of his posts regarding Muslims? 

The news media wants us to believe that Muslim is a race.  It isn't.  They also want us to believe that people of middle eastern origin are their own race.  Well, the U.S. government considers middle easterners as white for purposes of the census so I suppose that makes middle eastern Americans part of the white privilege crowd. 

Also this. Islam is not a race. It's a horrible freaking set of ideas congloerated in one craptastic cult.

12 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Blanket crap is pretty much the standard here.  

Blanket crap the specifics of which you can find yourself in about five minutes is well above the standard.

It's pretty sad that my profane and obvious sarcasm and belittlement passes as discussion here.

Still...as I wrote that, I did start to seriously wonder about liability issues.  We're not responsible for his thoughts, or his posts, or his future actions...but how much will we be perceived to be responsible for his future actions if his posts come to light?

Are post birth abortions legal in NY yet?

I debated whether or not to even reply to this nonsense. Obviously I've decided.

My rhetoric is a direct response to the main street media's race baiting.

How many times have you read a headline where the press goes out of their way to identify race in recent years? Many. And the only time they do this is when there's a white person involved and the media turns them into an antagonist. It's gotten to the point where they're targeting children. My stance is if you want a white person to hate, hate me.

I think a few of you have Dude Derangement Syndrome. Many have missed my points completely. However, that's an indicator that I need to adjust windage and will do so. 

I am not a racist and I wont go on a long diatribe to defend myself from these stupid accusations. On numerous occasions I have literally put myself in harms way, risking my life, for people of color, to include muslim arabs believe it or not. My first dear friend I lost in the fight against Haj was a 2nd generation American who came from Mexican immigrants. I wept so hard when taps played that I couldn't even make a proper salute when saying goodbye. 

I am, admittedly, a cultural supremacist and desire all in America to adapt western/european culture -- there's no skin tone requirement to do so. 

I will poke fun at the ridiculousness of 'race' in the current social justice warrior atmosphere. I mean c'mon -- are they really going to put Black Panther in the same pantheon as The Godfather? It's not because the movie belongs there, it's because liberals are tripping over themselves to show how not racist they are by elevating things associated with blacks to statuses they don't deserve. I mock that. Now, make a movie with some integrity on the Harlem Hellfighters and you got yourself something worthy of Best Picture.

I digress...I'm a product of 1984. I was Haj fighting by 19. I'm not like most people and that doesn't bother me and I wont try to conform. 

I'm not a loose cannon as some folks insinuate. I'm a quiet family man to tell you the truth. It makes me angry that there have been insinuations that I'm most likely an abusive person toward my family. That's assuming a lot without a lot to go on. A man who hits a woman is not a man. I don't even believe in spanking my children. I live in a quiet town, in a quiet cul-de-sac, at the bottom of a quiet hill, in the quiet N. Georgia mountains. I have no desire to be an extremist even though the boards most obnoxious unemployed author on boat war seems to be certain of it. 

I will never go out of my way to be something I'm not as being disingenuous is the thing I despise the most. I really don't care when I piss people off, but I don't want to be a pariah either. I will not change my opinions but in the future I will try to be more tactful in how I convey them. 

Anyways, good to know I have so many friends!

• Like (+1) 10

11 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Don't leave us in suspense.

that's his way of coming out of the closet.

13 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

this is ridicules on many levels.

yes it is a private forum, one that you have no say in how it's run, which all by itself destroys your entire premise.

two, it is my understanding that PPP was established with the understanding that it was to be very lightly moderated.

three, ***** your your fascist leanings, they suck.

four, you let them out themselves so you know who they are.

five, they are teachable moments.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2