Trump The Divider

Tiberius

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In this case, it's entirely your fault. You began a thread with one premise based on the available evidence. New evidence has come out since you started this thread which shows you, and the many others who jumped to a conclusion, were wrong. You have had the opportunity to admit, "I got this one wrong" and move on, but instead you've doubled down in a way no one else is. 

You didn't do that because of the Deep State. You did that because you're a troll who is not capable of being honest. 

That should put you on a bunch of people's ignore lists who tried, for years, to give you the benefit of the doubt. 

Sad. 

But... Orange Man Bad!

1539689593718.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

For better or worse, I probably would have decked someone doing that to me.

That's clearly what he was trying to provoke the kid into doing. And when the kid showed restraint (more than most would), he proceeded to go lie on camera about what happened instead. That dude was only there to cause a political scene. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In this case, it's entirely your fault. You began a thread with one premise based on the available evidence. New evidence has come out since you started this thread which shows you, and the many others who jumped to a conclusion, were wrong. You have had the opportunity to admit, "I got this one wrong" and move on, but instead you've doubled down in a way no one else is. 

You didn't do that because of the Deep State. You did that because you're a troll who is not capable of being honest. 

That should put you on a bunch of people's ignore lists who tried, for years, to give you the benefit of the doubt. 

Sad. 

You forget, he belongs to the select group of people who believe that simply wearing a MAGA hat is an act of violence.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's clearly what he was trying to provoke the kid into doing. And when the kid showed restraint (more than most would), he proceeded to go lie on camera about what happened instead. That dude was only there to cause a political scene. 

Unquestionably.  Still a good chance I'd have taken the bait.  I've been threatened too much over the past two years to trust my safety to non-violence.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Unquestionably.  Still a good chance I'd have taken the bait.  I've been threatened too much over the past two years to trust my safety to non-violence.

As you age do you find your desire to go out and interact with strangers needlessly is decreasing?

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sad. 

I was using the Deep State as an example of the total BS you peddle here and how ridiculous it is for you, any of you, to be calling for corrections. On a daily basis you give excuses for lies told by the President. So excuse me if I laugh off your feigned outrage. 

• Haha (+1) 1

That's yet another abdication of your own responsibility in this thread. Rather than proving yourself to be more than a troll and owning up to your own error in this thread, you change subjects and blame me for something irrelevant to this discussion. 

That's why are just a troll no one should bother with anymore. You could have changed that impression by simply admitting you made a mistake. It's clear that's beyond your abilities. 

Sad. I hoped for more from you. Not much more mind you, but at least a baseline of honesty. 

But trolls are gonna troll.

Later.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I was using the Deep State as an example of the total BS you peddle here and how ridiculous it is for you, any of you, to be calling for corrections. On a daily basis you give excuses for lies told by the President. So excuse me if I laugh off your feigned outrage. 

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

My desire hit zero years ago.  Unfortunately, it doesn't mean I can always avoid it.

Things like going to games with crowds over 5,000 people, or concerts where people are going to stand up and boogie in front of you the whole time (a crime against humanity unless it is a very pleasing sight to behold).

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Things like going to games with crowds over 5,000 people, or concerts where people are going to stand up and boogie in front of you the whole time (a crime against humanity unless it is a very pleasing sight to behold).

It's been 30 years since I was in a crowd that large.

I'm talking more any sort of being out in public.  I don't even like walking to work.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

From the right: Grown Man provokes devout teen

From the left: Senior citizen harassed by Rich White Athlete.

In the middle: Old vs Young; a staring contest to the beat of a drum.

How do they develop a narrative from a 10 second clip and turn it into something that justifies assault on somebody?

This is the worst form of prejudice and violence and stupidity.

From the people that think they are so logical and scientific and loving....

Just now, row_33 said:

How do they develop a narrative from a 10 second clip and turn it into something that justifies assault on somebody?

You're talking about a generation who grew up on Vines and memes.

i'm the least political person out there, but what happened to these kids couldn't be more wrong.  they actually had to cancel school today for the safety of the kids?  my god what the ***** is the matter with people.  the op is just as bad as people who were trying to vilify kids.  it's pathetic.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, teef said:

i'm the least political person out there, but what happened to these kids couldn't be more wrong.  they actually had to cancel school today for the safety of the kids?  my god what the ***** is the matter with people.  the op is just as bad as people who were trying to vilify kids.  it's pathetic.

This has been the purpose of calling Trump Hitler since day one, and overblowing every story into a rebirth of Nazism and Brownshirts.

If he's Hitler, any one who supports him is not someone with just a different opinion - but evil and any means of violence used against them is justified. Even if it's kids wearing hats. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This has been the purpose of calling Trump Hitler since day one, and overblowing every story into a rebirth of Nazism and Brownshirts.

If he's Hitler, any one who supports him is not someone with just a different opinion - but evil and any means of violence used against them is justified. Even if it's kids wearing hats. 

unfortunately i don't think people will ever learn to be tolerant enough.  there's such a movement to accept everyone, (which i'm not against) but the moment some kids fit a profile and wear a hat, it become ok to jeopardize their safety.  looking to ruin the futures of these kids?  for what?  political beliefs?  it's gross.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Kid was wearing a MAGA hat.  The 10 second clip was 9 seconds longer than it needed to be.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

For better or worse, I probably would have decked someone doing that to me.

honest to god.  i probably would have been so confused and nervous, that i would have become angry and acted in the same way.  that kid had some restraint.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:
... Dxfa98WWsAElKvh.jpg........Anyone surprised ?

you just know that account is linked to someone @CNN.

2 hours ago, Magox said:

You are hopeless and no one likes you, not even the ones who share some of your beliefs.  You are mocked by everyone and everyone makes fun of your ignorance.

back away from the ledge, slowly. 

Edited by Foxx

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

there presence at the event was intended to be provacative

did you miss that part of my comments earlier?

they knew full well they were going to cause a stink with MAGA hats

maybe I'm taking it from the wrong angle, was it a high school MAGA event that the Black Israelites and various Native American protestors crashed?

I have a friend who goes to mosques and debates the position that Jesus is the only way to heaven.  That's a brave move but he is fine, sitting in the crowd and applauding him would be a far braver move.

yeah, i'm sure there was a dearth of MAGA hats at a pro-life march.

:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, teef said:

honest to god.  i probably would have been so confused and nervous, that i would have become angry and acted in the same way.  that kid had some restraint.

you kinda have in you congenitally or by training your mind or your physical size in order to be tolerant of pigs getting into your face

I'm a huge monster physically, so I trust nobody is going to push it to a physical level when they confront me, nor do i go out of my way to bother strangers needlessly.

My favourite anecdote is Andre the Giant stating that often at a bar a man will confront him and that's fine but if he touches AtG then AtG picks up the man by his face and throws him into the wall across the room like he was a baseball.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

why are you people having a Rumpelstiltskin tirade over this garbage?

wasting hours of your life getting the vapors?

get a life already

oh enlightened one, let me help you out here.

there is a very good reason why this is a significant event. if the propagandized press is allowed to continue to foster unrest the likes of which this bull#### story has, they are going to be very responsible hen the shooting starts. this is an effort to contain the evil and not let them foster what they so desire.

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

oh enlightened one, let me help you out here.

there is a very good reason why this is a significant event. if the propagandized press is allowed to continue to foster unrest the likes of which this bull#### story has, they are going to be very responsible hen the shooting starts. this is an effort to contain the evil and not let them foster what they so desire.

it's showing how stupid people are getting sucked into wasting their time on nothing

just stop watching and the ad revenue dries up and like the chaff they blow away

seeing red over nothing that honestly concerns a person is a sad sad condition

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

One of my heroes, Sulla, basically overthrew his government twice to save republicanism. Lincoln took many constitutional liberties to save the country. I’m not advocating for fascism but I’ll utilize fascist methods to get the America I want. 

You realize that makes you no different from the left.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you kinda have in you congenitally or by training your mind or your physical size in order to be tolerant of pigs getting into your face

I'm a huge monster physically, so I trust nobody is going to push it to a physical level when they confront me, nor do i go out of my way to bother strangers needlessly.

My favourite anecdote is Andre the Giant stating that often at a bar a man will confront him and that's fine but if he touches AtG then AtG picks up the man by his face and throws him into the wall across the room like he was a baseball.

i'm on the other end.  at 5'9", and very adorable, i don't think anyone has been intimidated by me ever.  if anything, i'm oddly approachable. 

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

logical fallacy strawman. your wrong because... #orangemanbad.

just own it Tibs, cripes.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

they call themselves left without bothering to learn or adopt any of the 12 or so political principles that the Left stands for....

gotta love America, totally on its own inventing terms and ignoring 10,000 years of history and current developments...

and thank goodness...

REMINDER:

it's not the "government"..........it is mobs of anonymous Leftists.

New York (CNN Business)Twitter suspended an account on Monday afternoon that helped spread a controversial encounter between a Native American elder and a group of high school students wearing Make America Great Again hats.

The account claimed to belong to a California schoolteacher. Its profile photo was not of a schoolteacher, but of a blogger based in Brazil, CNN Business found. Twitter suspended the account soon after CNN Business asked about it.

The account, with the username @2020fight, was set up in December 2016 and appeared to be the tweets of a woman named Talia living in California. "Teacher & Advocate. Fighting for 2020," its Twitter bio read. Since the beginning of this year, the account had tweeted on average 130 times a day and had more than 40,000 followers.

Late on Friday, the account posted a minute-long video showing the now-iconic confrontation between a Native American elder and the high school students, with the caption, "This MAGA loser gleefully bothering a Native American protester at the Indigenous Peoples March."
That version of the video was viewed at least 2.5 million times and was retweeted at least 14,400 times, according to a cached version of the tweet seen by CNN Business.

The video shared by @2020fight did not show what preceded the confrontation between the Native American elder and the high school students.

The video had been posted earlier on Instagram by someone who was at the event, but it was @2020fight's caption that helped frame the news cycle.

Rob McDonagh, an assistant editor at Storyful, a service that vets content online, was monitoring Twitter activity on Saturday morning and said the @2020fight video was the main version of the incident being shared on social media.

In one indicator of the @2020fight's video's virality, multiple newsrooms, including some national American outlets, reached out to the user asking them directly about the video.

McDonagh said he found the account suspicious due to its "high follower count, highly polarized and yet inconsistent political messaging, the unusually high rate of tweets, and the use of someone else's image in the profile photo."

A spokesperson for Twitter told CNN Business, "Deliberate attempts to manipulate the public conversation on Twitter by using misleading account information is a violation of the Twitter Rules."

CNN Business was unable to reach the person, or people, behind the account, to ask if they were indeed a California schoolteacher that chose to use someone else's picture. Soon after we pointed out on Twitter that the account was using a different woman's profile picture, the account blocked this reporter.

........Anyone surprised ?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Heard one story where Andre was at a bar drinking after an event. Some idiot started giving him grief, which Andre initially ignored. The guy kept at it and kept at it, and finally realized it was the wrong day to mess with him. Andre chased him out of the bar. The guy ran into his (apparently small) car. Andre reached down and flipped the car over, then went back into the bar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I disagree. 

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Heard one story where Andre was at a bar drinking after an event. Some idiot started giving him grief, which Andre initially ignored. The guy kept at it and kept at it, and finally realized it was the wrong day to mess with him. Andre chased him out of the bar. The guy ran into his (apparently small) car. Andre reached down and flipped the car over, then went back into the bar.

The trick is to jump on his back and choke him out. 

17 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm on the other end.  at 5'9", and very adorable, i don't think anyone has been intimidated by me ever.  if anything, i'm oddly approachable. 

I'm 6'6" or a bit taller,  drifting from 270 to 310 depending on my feelings about eating and drinking sugary stuff for the past few months.

I keep to myself and try to be pleasant if i'm forced into an unwanted discussion.

i do unintentionally bump into people or door frames due to my huge wingspan, when someone whirls around in anger and sees me they quickly change the look on their face and i say "sorry" and all is fine... cowards....

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But you'd be wrong. You can't fight fascism with fascism. Just like you can't fight racism with more racism (why identity politics does a disservice to the issue it pretends to be trying to fix).

But im not. Look at my boy Sulla. 

Its a long and very complicated story but before Caesar became dictator for life, Sulla was just that. After fixing things-n-stuff he laid down his dictatorship, restored a strengthened republic (it was strengthened but ironically would die) and went home. 

Lincoln blatantly ignored the constitution. 

Churchill interned people without habeas corpus. 

Extreme times, extreme measures.