Robert Foster & Tremaine Edmunds earn ESPN All Rookie Team honorable mention.

CEN-CAL17

Foster is one of the most underrated players on this team. He put up elite WR numbers , straight off the practice squad , for 7 consecutive weeks! I think we're really undervaluing his potential, he has WR1 potential . We still need a stud to go along with Foster Zay and McKenzie but Foster looks like he could be a potential elite deep threat. If he continues to master his craft, kid could be special 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Foster is one of the most underrated players on this team. He put up elite WR numbers , straight off the practice squad , for 7 consecutive weeks! I think we're really undervaluing his potential, he has WR1 potential . We still need a stud to go along with Foster Zay and McKenzie but Foster looks like he could be a potential elite deep threat. If he continues to master his craft, kid could be special 

And by "continuing to master his craft" I hope that means making contested catches......the guy makes big plays when he is wide open....but does not fight for contested balls or catch balls when he is covered.....

but he gets open and he makes big plays....that is a start

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

And by "continuing to master his craft" I hope that means making contested catches......the guy makes big plays when he is wide open....but does not fight for contested balls or catch balls when he is covered.....

but he gets open and he makes big plays....that is a start

I've seen him do both, John.  But that's not really his game.  That's why they need a big guy across from him.  Williams could be that guy but you can't count on it, so it's probably a good idea to get one with the 9th overall pick.

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I agree. Kid looks like the real deal. I think Dabol has always recognized this but couldn't get it out if him. What woke him up was McCoys "Tough Love" talk with him. I love the veteran leadership to take time to help a struggling rookie.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I second this notion. I keep seeing people talk about how Foster will be a good WR2 or a "role player". What?!  Am I taking crazy pills?! 

If you use his average receiving yards per week once he came up from the practice squad to project a full season, it's something like 1,400 yards and 7 TDs. In what universe is that not a number 1 receiver?

And to anyone who says "speed WRs can't be true number 1 receivers", tell that to Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill.

Robert Foster is 6'2" and runs like a gazelle. If he simply adds a bit of muscle in the offseason and adds a few more routes to his already-expanding route tree, he's a number 1 receiver. Now, I ALSO want the Bills to go out and draft another number 1 caliber guy, don't get me wrong. But Foster is more than a complementary piece or just a speed receiver.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Lamar Jackson honorable mention? Give me a great. Foster should be the 2nd WR. Levi was the #1 ranked rookie corner and wasn’t even mentioned. Also Taron Johnson was one of the 5 best rookie CBS this season. These lists are terrible.

I love Josh Allen.  I would be hard pressed to agree to trade him for any QB drafted last year including Mayfield.  But most observers of sports think that the teams that win have better players. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I second this notion. I keep seeing people talk about how Foster will be a good WR2 or a "role player". What?!  Am I taking crazy pills?! 

If you use his average receiving yards per week once he came up from the practice squad to project a full season, it's something like 1,400 yards and 7 TDs. In what universe is that not a number 1 receiver?

And to anyone who says "speed WRs can't be true number 1 receivers", tell that to Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill.

Robert Foster is 6'2" and runs like a gazelle. If he simply adds a bit of muscle in the offseason and adds a few more routes to his already-expanding route tree, he's a number 1 receiver. Now, I ALSO want the Bills to go out and draft another number 1 caliber guy, don't get me wrong. But Foster is more than a complementary piece or just a speed receiver.

Who said speed receivers can't be number 1 types? That's a straight up straw man argument right there. 

The off-season is in full swing because some are losing their minds and exaggerating the 2018 season.  Let's remember Foster was a nice story, but he will not sneak up on opposing defenses anymore.  Perhaps he'll be solid again, but the 2018 sample size isn't indicative of future success at that level.  

6 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Bills had a lot of draft capital spent in the first round to land no one as a starter on the "all-rookie" team.  These selections are a huge slap in the face to the McBeane.  

You mean on a team that means nothing when it comes to wins and losses in the NFL?

Both these 1st round selections were based on potential of future not plug and play guys.......I think Beane know that

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You mean on a team that means nothing when it comes to wins and losses in the NFL?

Both these 1st round selections were based on potential of future not plug and play guys.......I think Beane know that

Not surprisingly you miss the point. I am just stating the implications of the authors opinion. 

51 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Who said speed receivers can't be number 1 types? That's a straight up straw man argument right there. 

The off-season is in full swing because some are losing their minds and exaggerating the 2018 season.  Let's remember Foster was a nice story, but he will not sneak up on opposing defenses anymore.  Perhaps he'll be solid again, but the 2018 sample size isn't indicative of future success at that level.  

I have seen MANY comments to the effect that Foster is "only" a speed receiver and therefore not a "true #1" from Bills fans and writers. 

As for exaggerating the 2018 season: I would argue that it's not at all an exaggeration to be excited about the #1 potential of a guy who -- despite going undrafted and spending half the season on the practice squad --  managed to post 521 yards and 3 TDs across 7 games (including games of 105, 94, 104, and 108 yards receiving). That's pretty excellent production from ANY rookie receiver, let alone one from whom so little was expected that he wasn't even drafted.

As for not sneaking up on opposing defenses anymore: defenses were ALREADY playing corners much deeper against Foster at the end of the season and recognizing the damage he could do. What happened then? Foster became dangerous on curls and crossers against defenders that were giving him a lot of cushion. It also opened up the field for players like Zay Jones and Ian McKenzie to be more productive underneath.

I understand cautious optimism, and I'm not here to proclaim that Foster is a surefire top 5 WR next season. I will not, however, curb my enthusiasm about a player who I view as a vital and exciting piece of the Bills offense for the next several years. Let's put it this way: If the Bills were to draft a receiver in the first round of this year's draft who was 6 foot 2 and had Foster's speed, and said WR went on to post Foster's numbers over the final 7 games, we'd all be thrilled. So why wouldn't I be even MORE thrilled that we got that production out of a guy who cost the Bills absolutely nothing in draft capital?

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Bills had a lot of draft capital spent in the first round to land no one as a starter on the "all-rookie" team.  These selections are a huge slap in the face to the McBeane.  

This is either satire or the dumbest post of the day.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

LOL Logic with 1950 likes with less than 1300 posts my friend is killing the game at 2BD lol thats awesome. Always great to read you ?

I don't have the stats in front of me (actually, I sort of do, because Google is a click away, so I'll just say I can't be bothered to look) but from memory of watching all his games, it seemed Foster got much of his yards on long plays when he first came back from the PS. But as the season went on he seemed to build his yardage with a higher number of catches for lesser chunks of yardage. I was pleased to see these games because it showed he wasn't just going to be a WR who runs past everyone maybe once or twice a game, but a viable threat who can catch passes from all over the field. 

• Like (+1) 1