Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

49 minutes ago, Rico said:

Anyone think that Dany may try to kill Jon Snow now? Can't wait for tonight!

Last show was just GREAT, I just loved seeing all those characters together before the end & STRONGLY disagree that it was bad television.

Not yet.  But if she fell off her dragon, it wouldn't bother me too much.  

Just finished watching episode 2 a second time.  

i understand why so many people thought this was a bad episode.  everyone is expecting an epic battle with dragons and ice zombies. 

take away that expectation, and this was an excellent episode

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

i understand why so many people thought this was a bad episode.  everyone is expecting an epic battle with dragons and ice zombies. 

So a bunch of talking? Couple naked women?

I don't like predicting who is doomed... but here's who I think will survive and why: 

The four obvious--

Arya: (Basing this on her being a survivor but also the fact she's one of Martin's favorites/won't kill list imo)

Jon: (His story's not done yet, plus the Martin's favorite/won't kill list)

Dany: (Her story's not done yet, plus the Martin's favorite/won't kill list)

Tyrion: (His story's not done yet, plus the Martin's favorite/won't kill list)

The rest/less obvious -- 

The Hound: (He can't die until we get the Clegane Bowl)

Jamie: (His story's not done yet / his death has to involve his sister or Bronn)

Sansa: (I think in the books she may not survive, but the TV show operates slightly differently here)

Sam: (He's the one to chronicle the events, plus I think? he's on Martin's favorite/won't kill list)

Davos: (This one's just a hunch... dude never seems to die)

Missandei: (Figure Grayworm is likely toast -- but she'll survive it)

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I'm rewatching it now and like it a lot more than last week.  To set up a great battle sequence you have to care about the characters in it.  Otherwise it's just Transformers.  It served that purpose and was a great nostalgia episode.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not today.  

When Arya went “missing” for that short time.  

When the MK was about to draw I said COME ON Arya. 

And in she leaped. 

Epic episode.  

Bleh. 

Predictable ending to an impossible scene. I can’t imagine making a zombie army is an easy task. The remaining  episodes should be far more epic...unless....

Edited by CommonCents
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not today.  

And in she leaped. 

Epic episode.  

Even though I knew it was coming, it took me by surprise.  That was extremely well-shot.  

And a nice call-back to her fight scene with Brienne, switching hands with the dagger.

• Like (+1) 2

That's the 3rd time when all hope was lost there was a last second game changer.  Drogon saving the day in the fighting pit, Sansa with the Knights of the Vale in Battle of the Bastards, and Arya making it almost worth it watching her train for a whole season.  I'm sensing a pattern.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not today.  

And in she leaped. 

Epic episode.  

When Mellisandre said "and blue eyes " you knew it would be Arya that got him!  But what a way to do it!  My heart was in my throat that entire episode!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Even though I knew it was coming, it took me by surprise.  That was extremely well-shot.  

And a nice call-back to her fight scene with Brienne, switching hands with the dagger.

For a second I was worried about Arya but then she is a bad ass.  

This episode is is what I expected 

lots and lots of fighters dying 

coming to the edge of no escape.   

I can see why the actors hating shooting it.  It was impossible to see what was happening in the first half.  That made it kinda boring for me.  Then, once the fight came inside the wall, it got good.  

I don’t know how half of the main characters survived. 

Arya made Jon her B word.  She stole this episode and the last two seasons honestly.  I love what they’ve made her.  Jon was just surviving.  

The dragon stuff was a let down, but I felt that was the Night King’s strategy. 

Either way, tough to beat the battle of the bastards. 

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

I would say Endgame’s final fight was definitely more overall epic, but the end of the Night King blew it away. What an incredible visual, I replayed that scene about 10x. 

Only 5 replays for me 

Also, who’s even left of the army to fight Cersei?

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

I can see why the actors hating shooting it.  It was impossible to see what was happening in the first half.  That made it kinda boring for me.  Then, once the fight came inside the wall, it got good.  

I don’t know how half of the main characters survived. 

Arya made Jon her B word.  She stole this episode and the last two seasons honestly.  I love what they’ve made her.  Jon was just surviving.  

The dragon stuff was a let down, but I felt that was the Night King’s strategy. 

Either way, tough to beat the battle of the bastards. 

She needs to be the last one standing, Jon Snow just isn’t worthy.