Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I know that Ygritte wanted Jon to burn her body when he was supposed to execute her when they first me so I'm not so sure about that.  Speaking of which, Jon and Dany's relationship is weak as hell compared to Jon and Ygritte's.

It could be she didn't understand how the Night King was able to raise the dead. I'd believe that, I think, over the Night King just being able to raise the dead whenever he wants. Unless it's a case that he has to pass over the body or something?

6 hours ago, eball said:

LOL at anyone who has truly watched the show and thinks last night's episode was a "waste."  It was a terrific episode.  For one, it reinforced that Bran and Jaime are the only two who know Jaime pushed Bran out of the tower, and that there is a "plan" for Jaime (likely a sacrifice for the greater good of the living).

One of the biggest takeaways (for me) from last night was further evidence that Dany has gone beyond trying to "make the world better than we left it" and now sounds more like the power-hungry rulers before her.  Everything is about "retaking the Iron Throne."  This will be her undoing, as I'm now thinking she will not survive to the end.  It would have been so easy for her to reassure Sansa that the North would be left on its own after the war.  I wasn't at all surprised by Dany's reaction to Jon's revelation -- in her mind, the guy whose family she barbecued and Jon's brother want to undermine her.

As noted above this was a last chance to see all of our "favorite" characters again, because many will die in the episode(s) to come.  How can that be "annoying" or "a waste?"

I guess if you only watch the show for the nudity and gore that might be your thinking.

Next week the schitt hits the fan.

LOL at anyone who thought an hour long ode-to-self was even passably entertaining.

If you didn't already know dragongirl was mad for power and destined to be a horrible ruler I question how 'truly' you watch the show.

And if you thought the writers needed some grand get together because they're worried the fans are going to be sad at some main characters getting killed off...holy hell are you not giving yourself much credit. You spent 58 mins enjoying an HBO metamasturbation and because there weren't any breasts or blood you think that made it important? Christ dude, they took this week off. It's ok. It happens. But to sweep the reintroduction of Jamie L, reuinted w/ his brother, Starks et al, in the North no less, into a couple scenes and throw in a totally unnecessary 'let's get Arya laid' scene of equal length was laughably bad. The best part of it was Podrick singing. That was great. The rest was terrible.

My guess is contract dispute with Harrington this week or something. They gave him, what, about 3 lines total the entire episode?  

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL at anyone who thought an hour long ode-to-self was even passably entertaining.

If you didn't already know dragongirl was mad for power and destined to be a horrible ruler I question how 'truly' you watch the show.

And if you thought the writers needed some grand get together because they're worried the fans are going to be sad at some main characters getting killed off...holy hell are you not giving yourself much credit. You spent 58 mins enjoying an HBO metamasturbation and because there weren't any breasts or blood you think that made it important? Christ dude, they took this week off. It's ok. It happens. But to sweep the reintroduction of Jamie L, reuinted w/ his brother, Starks et al, in the North no less, into a couple scenes and throw in a totally unnecessary 'let's get Arya laid' scene of equal length was laughably bad. The best part of it was Podrick singing. That was great. The rest was terrible.

My guess is contract dispute with Harrington this week or something. They gave him, what, about 3 lines total the entire episode?  

Are you under the impression that Season 8, Episode 3 is filming right now trying to meet that Sunday deadline?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And probably before the Hound, so he has an opportunity to show, in his own inimitable gruff way, how fond he was of her.  Which probably means she dies next episode.

Basically, since all the surviving Stark kids are together again - Sansa, Bran, Arya, Jon - one of them has to die.  And Bran's pretty much out, since they've just argued that if the Three-Eyed Raven dies, the Night King wins.  Of the other three, Arya's most expendable.

I agree, all of the Starks can't survive.

Something else I'm waiting to see...what is Beric Dondarrion's role?  As we've heard a number of times, he was brought back for a reason.

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

You say that like it’s a bad thing. 

Arya and Gendry have had the hits for each other for years. She survives because she’s pregnant. 

She had a childhood crush on him as a kid; that was it.  I'm aware of their history.

The scene was still creepy and awkward.  We just didn't need to see Arya taking her clothes off.  She's not that sort of character.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

She had a childhood crush on him as a kid; that was it.  I'm aware of their history.

The scene was still creepy and awkward.  We just didn't need to see Arya taking her clothes off.  She's not that sort of character.

Because you are thinking of Arya as a young teenager and not  22 in real life. 

Someone (HBO) released a statement that indicated that in the show Arya was 18 at this time

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Because you are thinking of Arya as a young teenager and not  22 in real life. 

Someone (HBO) released a statement that indicated that in the show Arya was 18 at this time

It's in fact the only non-insestial, rape-type sex since like Jon and Ygritte, I think.

you were not alone 

13 hours ago - It's the final season of Game of Thrones, and being that tonight saw an episode before a huge battle, we received a bunch of revelations, ...
1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

It's in fact the only non-insestial, rape-type sex since like Jon and Ygritte, I think.

Pod and his Magic "Chicken" and the ladies Tyroin and Bronn (tried to) paid for

hmm good point ....  Jon and Ygritte .... let me think... 

Dany and Daario Naharis (2 seasons ago)

Grey Worm and Missandei

missandei-grey-worm-sex-scene1.jpg?quali'

[ Rebecca Van Cleave was reprising her “role” as Cersei’s body double in the final season. ]  Cersei and Euron   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

35 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Ayra wanted some D the night before the big battle.  Nothing awkward about that.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

hmm good point ....  Jon and Ygritte .... let me think... 

[ Rebecca Van Cleave was reprising her “role” as Cersei’s body double in the final season. ]  Cersei and Euron   

Grey Worm and Missandei

Dany and Daario Naharis

Technically Euron and Cersei was paid for... he had to deliver the goods.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Plus...all the women and children, and Tyrion are safe.  Under the castle.  In the crypt.  Great place to be safe from a Night King that reanimates the dead, hmm?

Sam is the designated whitewalker killer in defense of women and children.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Technically Euron and Cersei was paid for... he had to deliver the goods.

OK     I'll give you that one    :rolleyes:    ;) 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Sam is the designated whitewalker killer in defense of women and children.

And Tyrion  

43 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And Chekhov's little girl with the burned face.

yes her too 

I was wondering how she fit in and who she was.   

other than a reminder of Baratheons daughter with the greyscale to the Onion knight 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Ok, so according to Vladimir Furdik he kinda let slip that the battle of Winterfell is going to last nearly the entire 3rd episode. Almost a full hour he said. Took something like 55 days/nights to film. Wondering what the back and forth will be, besides obvious deaths of important characters. 

8 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Ok, so according to Vladimir Furdik he kinda let slip that the battle of Winterfell is going to last nearly the entire 3rd episode. Almost a full hour he said. Took something like 55 days/nights to film. Wondering what the back and forth will be, besides obvious deaths of important characters. 

During the opening song/animation they showed the flaming trench around Winterfell. They also mentioned it briefly if I remember. I imagine they’ll retreat past that and light it up at some point.

Unfortunatly an ice dragon could probably make short work of it or fly right over. Wonder if that’s how the NK will descend on Bran.