Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

3 minutes ago, TPS said:

My guess: I think Jaime will die saving Brienne, and I don’t think there’s any reason for him to have one last encounter with Cersei, though someone, errr... no one, will need his face for an encounter to put her list to bed. 

Also, The hound has to live for Clegane Bowl. 

lol  Arya is done with this girl has no name. 

This girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell.  Using Jamie's face would be awesome.  

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

True.  Arya killing Cersei as Jaime would be brilliant.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, eball said:

Copied from other thread:

Since there are three episodes left after next week we have to assume (don't we?) that the Night King will be defeated.  I think Jon kills him.

I think Jon, Sansa, Tyrion survive.  Theon, Grey Worm, Brienne are almost certain to die.  I'm thinking Jaime will live as there needs to be at least one more encounter with Cersei.

When do we see Melisandre again?

Edit -- on second thought maybe Jaime (Kingslayer) kills the Night King?  Poetic...

Theon's dead.  His story arc is completed with his return to Winterfell.  Brienne...probably, since her arc is completed with knighthood.  Grey Worm...probably, based on the "Let's make future plans" trope.  

Sansa and Tyrion almost certainly survive, since there's more of their story to tell.  Same with Jaime - I don't think his arc's complete until he stands up to Cersei.  Jon...I'm not sure.  Yes, there's more of his story to tell...but ending that story prematurely, finding out he's a Targaryen, is the kind of curve-ball GoT likes to throw.  

It's not impossible that Dany or Arya die, too.  Personally...I suspect Arya kills the Night King, defending Bran with that kick-ass dragonglass bo she now has.

• Like (+1) 1

Another point I just realized: some of those characters who die will end up fighting for the Night King.  In other words, Brienne might not just die, but might be reanimated.  Tormund vs. Brienne-wight, anyone?

Plus...all the women and children, and Tyrion are safe.  Under the castle.  In the crypt.  Great place to be safe from a Night King that reanimates the dead, hmm?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's not impossible that Dany or Arya die, too.  Personally...I suspect Arya kills the Night King, defending Bran with that kick-ass dragonglass bo she now has.

I want Arya to live but I think 99% of fans do...which means she'll probably die.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Another point I just realized: some of those characters who die will end up fighting for the Night King.  In other words, Brienne might not just die, but might be reanimated.  Tormund vs. Brienne-wight, anyone?

Plus...all the women and children, and Tyrion are safe.  Under the castle.  In the crypt.  Great place to be safe from a Night King that reanimates the dead, hmm?

I’m sure this will happen, I only hope they don’t overplay it.

I don’t think Tyrion actually winds up in the crypt. I’m sure he’ll find a way to be in the thick of it.

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

I don’t think Tyrion actually winds up in the crypt. I’m sure he’ll find a way to be in the thick of it.

I think, if Tyrion winds up in the crypt, there's going to be a battle in the crypt.  Simply because, from a narrative standpoint, you don't sideline a major character like Tyrion in an episode like next week's.  If he wasn't involved, they'd put him in the extreme elsewhere, not just off-screen from the action.

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:
3 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I think she's the one to take him out as whole "I know death" line to Gendry and the painfully boring story line of her training may actually pay off.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So much for the rules of not being able to use the powers of the faceless men for personal gain.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I predicted they'd all turn into Wights in the crypt.  Gilly and the baby as it's likely the Night King knows the layout of Winterfell.  I'd like to see a Wight Brienne take on Tormund or vice versa.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I want Arya to live but I think 99% of fans do...which means she'll probably die.

And probably before the Hound, so he has an opportunity to show, in his own inimitable gruff way, how fond he was of her.  Which probably means she dies next episode.

Basically, since all the surviving Stark kids are together again - Sansa, Bran, Arya, Jon - one of them has to die.  And Bran's pretty much out, since they've just argued that if the Three-Eyed Raven dies, the Night King wins.  Of the other three, Arya's most expendable.

3 hours ago, TPS said:

My guess: I think Jaime will die saving Brienne, and I don’t think there’s any reason for him to have one last encounter with Cersei, though someone, errr... no one, will need his face for an encounter to put her list to bed. 

Jaime said he wants to die in the arms of the woman he loves so it's definitely a possibility.  It's a different kind of love.

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

can the night king just reanimate corpses they dont kill?

Yes.  I also think if you kill the Night King all the wights will also vanish. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yes.  I also think if you kill the Night King all the wights will also vanish. 

I don't think that make sense at all, and would be very hard to explain away. Because if that is the case, how close does he have to be to reanimate them? And why wouldn't he just go around to graveyards raising all the dead?

So I’ve actually been surprised how many people expect the night king to be defeated at Winterfell. 

I can definitely see the argument, but I can’t imagine that the conclusion of “Ice and Fire” boils down to overcoming Cersei for the throne. I suppose we are already strictly in conclusion at this point. I still expect Jon to defeat the NK.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I don't think that make sense at all, and would be very hard to explain away. Because if that is the case, how close does he have to be to reanimate them? And why wouldn't he just go around to graveyards raising all the dead?

Yeah.  I'm not sure once they're buried.  Can you imagine Ned, Catelyn, Rickon, Lyanna and other dead Starks being raised from the dead?

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  I'm not sure once they're buried.  Can you imagine Ned, Catelyn, Rickon, Lyanna and other dead Starks being raised from the dead?

Yea that would be the weird bit, I think they have to kill them for the night kind to make them into Wights.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea that would be the weird bit, I think they have to kill them for the night kind to make them into Wights.

I know that Ygritte wanted Jon to burn her body when he was supposed to execute her when they first me so I'm not so sure about that.  Speaking of which, Jon and Dany's relationship is weak as hell compared to Jon and Ygritte's.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

didn't Jaqen offer Arya 3 names if she set him free?    Kind of a personal gain?  (weak I know) 

That's a good point.  Arya pry should've picked Tywin, Cersei, and the Night King in hindsight.

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't know if Catelyn's bones were ever returned to Winterfell.    Lady Stoneheart is roaming the pages of book 6

Whats wrong with theses pictures?    selling a 6 book set .......  hmmmm

game-of-thrones-ice-and-fire-collection.   51olxnAEaEL._SX491_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by ShadyBillsFan