Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Shady said the claims of any physical abuse or restraint are BS.  If he poured the drink on her, yeah that's disrespectful but not anywhere near the level of Kareem Hunt in which there's video evidence, smoking gun evidence.  

https://www.tmz.com/2013/06/26/lesean-mccoy-text-messages-party-bus-lawsuit/

And AB says the claim that he threw a piece of furniture that "almost accidentally hit someone" are BS.............but he's guilty of murder in your opinion and Shady is innocent of anything he ever said he didn't do.

Am I reading this right or are you just being willfully ignorant about the difference in their rap sheets??

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

And AB says the claim that he threw a piece of furniture that "almost accidentally hit someone" are BS.............but he's guilty of murder in your opinion and Shady is innocent of anything he ever said he didn't do.

Am I reading this right or are you just being willfully ignorant about the difference in their rap sheets??

LOL...I feel a picture of you is right next to the word hyperbole.  Geezus.

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My point is that the bolded above is sufficient to explain the dynamic, without his 'ancient history' screw-up past.  I mean, half the team was prolly working on their driver's license back then and if they know about the motorcycle crash they prolly think it's badass. 

Don't you think AB would have pretty much the same beefs with Ben if he'd been squeaky clean off all his life, but was still showing up fat and underprepared, throwing his teammates under the bus, and stinking up the joint with his on-field play at times? 

The "undeserving coaches son" is a problem when put in positions he shouldn't be because his position isn't in sync with his talent, effort, or performance, not because he got in trouble as a 6th grader and now it's his Sr year.

And actually, I think you know that - your example about AB is all Ben's (lack of) commitment and (spotty) performance and the contradiction between it, and his call-outs of teammates/the lack of management "push back" on Ben, which is the point I've been making all along.

My point is that the players know Ben has not been a leader by example..........his past is just a blatant example.

I mean at an age when Martavis Bryant and Leveon Bell each got suspended for the minor and common offense of smoking weed Ben could have been paralyzed from a motorcycle accident or incarcerated or on trial for rape.    I can understand why players might think Ben should keep his trap shut about others issues.    Off field he's had worse and on the field he's sloppy.

Stop acting like my whole argument was about what he did 10 years ago......it's ridiculous that you are digging in on that point......it's part of the overall Big Ben experience in Pittsburgh.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL...I feel a picture of you is right next to the word hyperbole.  Geezus.

I feel a picture of you is on a wanted poster for "almost accidentally doing" something.

"Wearing a Jacksonville State t shirt.......do not try to apprehend him.":flirt:

12 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Risky move by the network...........TSW experts say he's a scumbag...........advertisers may pull out and give their money to someone else.    Like the guy in the Royale with Cheese gif above.   He appears to be asking for that money.  

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Risky move by the network...........TSW experts say he's a scumbag...........advertisers may pull out and give their money to someone else.    Like the guy in the Royale with Cheese gif above.   He appears to be asking for that money.  

I wouldn't characterize him as a scumbag, very little that I have seen supports that 

With that said, he certainly didnt handle that last week with the issue with Tomlin and Roth well.  I would have to say that is a red flag, specially considering the importance of the game.

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

I wouldn't characterize him as a scumbag, very little that I have seen supports that 

With that said, he certainly didnt handle that last week with the issue with Tomlin and Roth well.  I would have to say that is a red flag, specially considering the importance of the game.

Just a reminder..........he was inactive for the game with a knee injury.

People act like he pulled a Vontae.  ?  

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

That makes a difference and for whatever reason I was not aware of that.  Still not a move that you expect from one of your team leaders.  

1 minute ago, Magox said:

That makes a difference and for whatever reason I was not aware of that.  Still not a move that you expect from one of your team leaders.  

It makes ALL the difference.

Shady finished his first 3 regular seasons with Buffalo by literally being carted off the field injured............I doubt anyone knows or cares if he was on the sideline for every moment thereafter........nothing he could do in street clothes.

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Real question is who called Antonio Brown as the dancing hippo belting Bobby Brown on Fox's The Masked Singer last pm?

I said AB while he was still in the diner. It was pretty easy. As soon as you saw the 5’10, the talk about excessive dancing, and the writing down 10k on a breakfast bill, gold chains. No one loves AB more than AB. That was an easy one. 

I have no idea who the rest are but I figured one might be Lindsay Lohan. Who knows.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The lawsuit is real. You've provided no evidence.

Go read some articles, I’m not goi g to read them for you. Witnesses to his madness. From residence, security and his own friends.... 

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Mike McCarthy has a super bowl win, would you be tripping over yourself to hire him? Tomlin is overrated.

Regardless of whether a coach has one or two sb wins, i honestly don't think people realize how hard it is to successfully manage a group of 53 players - many of whom are jerks and/or borderline crazy - into the playoffs year in and year out against fierce competition. Yes, he has good talent, but so did Joe Torre. So much of what Torre did well was managing egos. That is a huge part of coaching. Tomlin made 2 SBs, let's not forget, and coached his team back to within genuine striking distance after falling behind by a lot vs GB. If not for a late bad fumble by Rashard Mendenhall (not the coach's fault!) or a game-ending series of incompletes by Roethlisberger (again, not the coach's fault!), they may well have won two SBs. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Except that there appears to be controversy as to whether he had a knee injury, or whether that report was a "precautionary measure" by Tomlin.

Normally, players who are injured leave practice with a trainer

They don't fire a ball at their QB and walk out

They are at the facility receiving treatment the following day

If the team schedules an MRI for them on Friday, they show up and get the test

Tomlin said they put AB on the injury report because he complained of knee soreness Wednesday.

Tomlin confirmed that AB did not undergo his scheduled MRI on Friday, did not show up for the team walkthrough and meeting on Saturday, and did not communicate until his agent phoned Tomlin on Sunday am and said he felt better and would be able to play in the game.

It must be acknowledged that's not normal behavior for injured NFL players.  They're allowed to get second opinions, but they're supposed to undergo medical evaluation as requested by the team as well.  A non-invasive test such as an MRI is a no-brainer.  They also communicate with the coach prior to game day.

Now maybe AB was injured, but while we're keeping an open mind, let's put the other side of that "knee injury" designation out there.

I expect at this time of the season, many if not most players could report discomfort or even pain in their joints mid-week.

18 hours ago, Magox said:

See above

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except that there appears to be controversy as to whether he had a knee injury, or whether that report was a "precautionary measure" by Tomlin.

He didn't have a knee injury. I thought for the longest time he did, I saw the CBS report before the Steelers game practice. I had no idea he was MIA for 4 or so days. Tomlin knew he'd have to bench him and sent that last minute knee injury for media damage control.

• Like (+1) 2