Bills offensive talent trade value.

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Dion Dawkins and Robert Foster have value. It would take a 1st in my mind for us to let Dawkins go. Average LT, above average G. Foster's value is unclear, maybe he's worth a 2nd, I certainly wouldn't trade him for a 3rd. We got some value on offense, there's a couple guys.

:huh: Dawkins definitely would not fetch a 1st based on the way he's playing and Foster most certainly wouldn't command a 2nd round pick at this point in his career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

:huh: Dawkins definitely would not fetch a 1st based on the way he's playing and Foster most certainly wouldn't command a 2nd round pick at this point in his career. 

Correct.  Foster looks promising, but no one is giving up more than a fifth or sixth for him at this point.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Foster is averaging over 20 per catch, a 3rd wouldn't get it done for me. Dawkins otoh is a starting LT and probably an above average LG. A 2nd wouldn't do it for me. 

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

Dawkins would fetch a one or two, Teller a fifth, Allen average one. Other than that don’t see anyone worth more 

Dawkins would fetch a 5th if the GM trading with the Bills was feeling generous.

LT is a position that needs upgrading. Kick Dawkins inside.

Edited by Best Player Available
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Foster is averaging over 20 per catch, a 3rd wouldn't get it done for me. Dawkins otoh is a starting LT and probably an above average LG. A 2nd wouldn't do it for me. 

Don't worry because no team would offer those picks for either.  Dawkins has regressed from his rookie season and Foster looks very promising but ultimately is unproven.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Don't worry because no team would offer those picks for either.  Dawkins has regressed from his rookie season and Foster looks very promising but ultimately is unproven.

Foster is Allen's favorite target and could ultimately develop into an electrifying #2, it would take a 2nd for me. Too much potential to dump for a measly 5th round pick, get out of here lol. Dawkins needs to go inside and I think if that were to happen fans would be a lot more supportive. He has value as a LG.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Foster is Allen's favorite target and could ultimately develop into an electrifying #2, it would take a 2nd for me. Too much potential to dump for a measly 5th round pick, get out of here lol. Dawkins needs to go inside and I think if that were to happen fans would be a lot more supportive. He has value as a LG.

The Bills aren't looking to deal either of them so no need to worry about their trade value. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol.

Khalil Mack is exceptional.  Name an offensive player on the Jets, Dolphins, or Pats that would get anything more than a 4th.  Darnold doesn't count.

I get a grand total of zero.  

Laremy Tunsil OT Miami  (1st)

Shaq Mason G New England (2nd)

Isaiah Wynn OT New England (2nd)

Sony Michel RB New England (2nd)

James Devlin FB New England (3rd)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Whether you agree or not, McDermott believes that young players grow and improve from year to year.  I think if we could get McDermott to come on here and talk about his perception of the Bills' starting offensive talent, a lot of posters here would be disappointed.   I think McDermott would say that he thinks a lot of guys, including Croom, Foster, McKenzie, Jones, Dawkins, Miller, Teller and probably a few others will continue to improve. I also think he would say that as each guy improves, he makes the players around him better.   It's particularly true with Allen - as he plays better, all of his offensive teammates will play better.   But it's also true about linemen, and even about receivers. 

Many people have commented that what hurt the Bills more than anything else this season was losing Incognito and Wood.  That's true, and not simply because they played well, but because they also helped make the people beside them better.    It doesn't take a lot of new talent to have a big impact on the team.   Suppose, for example, that the Bills get a stud left tackle in the draft and a quality veteran guard in free agency.   What's the impact on the offensive line?   It could be huge.   Maybe move Dawkins to the right side, send Miller or Teller to the bench.  Those are two completely possible changes, things that could be done very comfortably within the Bills' draft situation and position and their cap space, causing no real disruption at all.  But they could mean a huge improvement in the offensive line.  Add one quality receiver to go with Foster and Jones (and maybe some better offensive line coaching), and think about what happens:  Run game improves (with or without Shady),  pass protection improves (and we've seen how well Allen throws when he has protection), receiving game improves and passing gets easier.   More importantly, think about the complementary effect of all those things:  running game improving makes play action more effective, which helps the passing game.  Play action effectiveness makes pass protection easier for the offensive line.  Having a complementary offense reduces three and outs, which helps the defense.   

I'd be amazed if the Bills clean house like some people would like to see.   I think the Bills go to camp with all of the people who end the season as starters (except for any retirements and free agent departures).   But I don't think they start the 2019 season with all those guys still starting, or even on the team.   I think what we're going to see is a lot of rookies and free agents in camp, AND WINNING JOBS.   We're going to see Milanos and Fosters and guys like that taking jobs from guys like Mills and Miller.   It's going to be the process in full bloom, with competitions at many, many positions, and the smartest, hardest working, toughest guys are going to win the jobs.   

For me the big question is whether McDermott has what it takes and whether he will have the right team of coaches to be able to compete with the best coaches in the league.  

52 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

If you do yards per "catchable" it drops quite a bit. 

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ll ask the question: what could we trade Allen for now?  

A top 10 first

31 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Whether you agree or not, McDermott believes that young players grow and improve from year to year.  I think if we could get McDermott to come on here and talk about his perception of the Bills' starting offensive talent, a lot of posters here would be disappointed.   I think McDermott would say that he thinks a lot of guys, including Croom, Foster, McKenzie, Jones, Dawkins, Miller, Teller and probably a few others will continue to improve. I also think he would say that as each guy improves, he makes the players around him better.   It's particularly true with Allen - as he plays better, all of his offensive teammates will play better.   But it's also true about linemen, and even about receivers. 

Many people have commented that what hurt the Bills more than anything else this season was losing Incognito and Wood.  That's true, and not simply because they played well, but because they also helped make the people beside them better.    It doesn't take a lot of new talent to have a big impact on the team.   Suppose, for example, that the Bills get a stud left tackle in the draft and a quality veteran guard in free agency.   What's the impact on the offensive line?   It could be huge.   Maybe move Dawkins to the right side, send Miller or Teller to the bench.  Those are two completely possible changes, things that could be done very comfortably within the Bills' draft situation and position and their cap space, causing no real disruption at all.  But they could mean a huge improvement in the offensive line.  Add one quality receiver to go with Foster and Jones (and maybe some better offensive line coaching), and think about what happens:  Run game improves (with or without Shady),  pass protection improves (and we've seen how well Allen throws when he has protection), receiving game improves and passing gets easier.   More importantly, think about the complementary effect of all those things:  running game improving makes play action more effective, which helps the passing game.  Play action effectiveness makes pass protection easier for the offensive line.  Having a complementary offense reduces three and outs, which helps the defense.   

I'd be amazed if the Bills clean house like some people would like to see.   I think the Bills go to camp with all of the people who end the season as starters (except for any retirements and free agent departures).   But I don't think they start the 2019 season with all those guys still starting, or even on the team.   I think what we're going to see is a lot of rookies and free agents in camp, AND WINNING JOBS.   We're going to see Milanos and Fosters and guys like that taking jobs from guys like Mills and Miller.   It's going to be the process in full bloom, with competitions at many, many positions, and the smartest, hardest working, toughest guys are going to win the jobs.   

For me the big question is whether McDermott has what it takes and whether he will have the right team of coaches to be able to compete with the best coaches in the league.  

Your question on coaching and talent levels are not mutually exclusive.   The Browns in fear of being embarrassed hung on to a coach that was 3-36 during his tenure and the guy replacing him has gone 5-2 since.  This is exhibit A in the case against the insane idea that good coaching needs many years to show up in the results.  McDermott has a number of pretty ugly strikes against him.  Never winning a challenge.  His ridiculous inability to separate Allen from Peterman and McCarron early on,  clock management issues, and the problem he has with the team committing penalties.  Personally I think he is a prima donna that will never deliver the goods.  I will be happy to be wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol.

Khalil Mack is exceptional.  Name an offensive player on the Jets, Dolphins, or Pats that would get anything more than a 4th.  Darnold doesn't count.

I get a grand total of zero.  

I know they have some good olineman. The probably have some guys worth a second round pick there.

42 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ll ask the question: what could we trade Allen for now?  

He’s still worth a top ten pick.