Bills offensive talent trade value.

All you really need to know about how bad the offensive talent is around Allen...

Would anyone object to cutting anyone outside of Allen, Foster, Dawkins, Teller and Zay?  

Even with that, Dawkins is possibly looking at a position change next year and Teller/Zay are purely potential that could be moved to depth in 2019.  

Foster is a rookie 2/3 playing WR1 this year.  

I mean.... 

50 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ll ask the question: what could we trade Allen for now?  

one first round pick.

if allen was in the upcoming draft....he might be the first QB off the board.

id say the Jets (4), Tampa (6) giants (8) jax (9) would all give us their pick for Allen.

and I only see Allen as a solid starter....never a Top 10 QB

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

one first round pick.

if allen was in the upcoming draft....he might be the first QB off the board.

id say the Jets (4), Tampa (6) giants (8) jax (9) would all give us their pick for Allen.

and I only see Allen as a solid starter....never a Top 10 QB

I think Haskins would be the first qb off the board.  

For the sake of discussion:

- is Allen an improvement over Jameis?  As a guy he is, but Jameis is a much better passer

- giants could have taken Allen last year 

- the Jags probsbly would have Bortles flashbacks with Allen

- the Jets?

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol.

Khalil Mack is exceptional.  Name an offensive player on the Jets, Dolphins, or Pats that would get anything more than a 4th.  Darnold doesn't count.

I get a grand total of zero.  

Edelman get a second from a contender. And you know someone give us a first for Brady

47 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Your question on coaching and talent levels are not mutually exclusive.   The Browns in fear of being embarrassed hung on to a coach that was 3-36 during his tenure and the guy replacing him has gone 5-2 since.  This is exhibit A in the case against the insane idea that good coaching needs many years to show up in the results.  McDermott has a number of pretty ugly strikes against him.  Never winning a challenge.  His ridiculous inability to separate Allen from Peterman and McCarron early on,  clock management issues, and the problem he has with the team committing penalties.  Personally I think he is a prima donna that will never deliver the goods.  I will be happy to be wrong. 

I tend to be optimistic about McDermott, but you certainly could be right.   I've said it a few times.   There are a lot of things about the Bills over the past two years that are evidence that the coaching isn't as good as it should be.   Penalties.  The whole Peterman saga.  The absence of a veteran backup for Allen. 

However, there's a big learning curve to being a good head coach.   It takes years to learn to be really good at it, and there are plenty of examples of guys who weren't great at it to begin with, including Belichick and Gregg Williams.  So I'm willing to wait.  As I said, 2019 is when McDermott has HIS team, and when he's had a couple of years to learn things.  

28 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I tend to be optimistic about McDermott, but you certainly could be right.   I've said it a few times.   There are a lot of things about the Bills over the past two years that are evidence that the coaching isn't as good as it should be.   Penalties.  The whole Peterman saga.  The absence of a veteran backup for Allen. 

However, there's a big learning curve to being a good head coach.   It takes years to learn to be really good at it, and there are plenty of examples of guys who weren't great at it to begin with, including Belichick and Gregg Williams.  So I'm willing to wait.  As I said, 2019 is when McDermott has HIS team, and when he's had a couple of years to learn things.  

I hope you are right.  My main concern is that lessons don't seem to be learned. Same issues week in and week out.  Even in a game, nothing seems learnable.  I practically lost my mind on the fifth jet sweep that went for a big gain yesterday.  That seems like incompetence, not someone simply on a learning curve. 

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Robbie Anderson, Kenny Still, Kenyan Drake, Gesecki, Ballage and probably quite a few offensive linemen who I couldn’t name.  

I think Dawkins is worth a fourth.  

You’re kidding, right?  He’s not worth a 7th, at this point.

It's not all him. We have one of the worst offensive lines in the league especially at run blocking. It's still LeSean McCoy

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.......not if a GM values his job......

It's not all him. If you haven't noticed our run blocking sucks. Todd Gurley would be horrible behind our oline. Give me a break

11 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'd offer Zay Jones to the Chargers for Forrest Lamp and a late pick. Phil McGeoghan can get his boy back and the Chargers get a reciever to replace Tyrell Williams. 

Zay and and Lamp are both disappointing second round picks. Chargers throw in a late pick becuase Lamp hasn't actually played yet so they are getting the more know commodity. 

we'd be lucky to get Forrest Gump back.

heck I'd take Gump, at least he could return kicks

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Dion Dawkins and Robert Foster have value. It would take a 1st in my mind for us to let Dawkins go. Average LT, above average G. Foster's value is unclear, maybe he's worth a 2nd, I certainly wouldn't trade him for a 3rd. We got some value on offense, there's a couple guys.

You're basing Dawkins value on hopeful potential.  He'd be coming off a tough season so no GM would be generous in a trade offer. We are in a bad position with leverage in trades. After last season,  probably a 2nd

10 hours ago, klos63 said:

You're basing Dawkins value on hopeful potential.  He'd be coming off a tough season so no GM would be generous in a trade offer. We are in a bad position with leverage in trades. After last season,  probably a 2nd

You're right, that's absolutely what I'm doing. The few good players we have around Allen I value highly.. As it should be. I wouldn't sell my stocks prematurely if I felt the value was likely to climb even higher.