Bills offensive talent trade value.

Draft picks are the basic currency of the NFL.   Kahil Mack was worth a two firsts and some other picks, even though his salary is full market value.  That is a pretty good player. 

Other than Josh Allen, do the Bills have a single offensive player on the roster that would garner anything better than a fourth round pick from another team?

I don't think they do.  That can't be a good thing. 

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol.

Khalil Mack is exceptional.  Name an offensive player on the Jets, Dolphins, or Pats that would get anything more than a 4th.  Darnold doesn't count.

I get a grand total of zero.  

Robby anderson. With out looking at any rosters

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

7 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Robby anderson. With out looking at any rosters

I knew someone would say that because he had a solid fantasy week.  He also has been in trouble and has had dime a dozen results overall.  I see a 4th for him but someone might cough up a 3rd.  I seriously doubt it.

24 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Draft picks are the basic currency of the NFL.   Kahil Mack was worth a two firsts and some other picks, even though his salary is full market value.  That is a pretty good player. 

Other than Josh Allen, do the Bills have a single offensive player on the roster that would garner anything better than a fourth round pick from another team?

That's a good point.   

In fact, I'm sure they could get picks for some of the starters, but not any picks that would send you to the scouting reports to find a stud.   

Maybe if they traded ALL of their offensive starters except all, they could get ten picks in the sixth and seventh, and then trade them all for one second rounder.   

However, the fact is that EVERY team has guys in their starting lineups who aren't worth a lot on the trade market.   The Bills just happen to have all of theirs playing on offense.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'd offer Zay Jones to the Chargers for Forrest Lamp and a late pick. Phil McGeoghan can get his boy back and the Chargers get a reciever to replace Tyrell Williams. 

Zay and and Lamp are both disappointing second round picks. Chargers throw in a late pick becuase Lamp hasn't actually played yet so they are getting the more know commodity. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I still think Shady as of right now could fetch a 3rd but no other player could

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Sony Micheal. Gronk will at least fetch a 3rd.

Gronk for a 3rd what?  Shirley.

Michel is a nice player with decent upside at a position that is easy to fill through the draft.  Iffy at best.  

The point is that the OP chose an odd standard to assess where we are on offense.  It doesn't matter what picks we'd get for players, it matters what holes get filled through FA, the draft and eventual team chemistry.  Who is to say that adding a killer center can't help improve the right side or adding a stud receiver won't elevate Jones or Foster?  Who is to say that if we traded Shady for a 5th that he couldn't help a team for a year or two?  A lot of things factor in.  When we traded Lynch we could only get a 5th.  Seattle did ok with that one, but that doesn't mean we settled for a 5th.  It was his value at the time, not his skill.  Trade value is different than skill set.

55 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol.

Khalil Mack is exceptional.  Name an offensive player on the Jets, Dolphins, or Pats that would get anything more than a 4th.  Darnold doesn't count.

I get a grand total of zero.  

Robbie Anderson, Kenny Still, Kenyan Drake, Gesecki, Ballage and probably quite a few offensive linemen who I couldn’t name.  

I think Dawkins is worth a fourth.  

23 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I still think Shady as of right now could fetch a 3rd but no other player could

You’re kidding, right?  He’s not worth a 7th, at this point.

• Thank you (+1) 1