Week 17: Dolphins Game Preparation - Bills 5 to 6 Point Favorites; Friday Practice & Game Status Reports Posted with Chris Ivory & Ryan Lewis Questionable and Julian Stanford & Deonte Thompson Out

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Put the radio on GR55 and listen to Murph and watch on TV with the volume down.

Looks like I will go and watch this one live.

Besides beating the Phins Sunday will start a Happy New Year celebration :)

No blackout rule anymore.

Doesn't work. They're never synched up, and it's not even close. On the radio, they say to do that all the time, but I'm not sure if anyone has ever actually tried it. Who knows, maybe it's different on the local broadcast as opposed to Sunday Ticket.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Doesn't work. They're never synched up, and it's not even close. On the radio, they say to do that all the time, but I'm not sure if anyone has ever actually tried it. Who knows, maybe it's different on the local broadcast as opposed to Sunday Ticket.

There's always going to be a longer delay on TV so it doesn't work.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Sound doesn’t travel the same for the two media

Baseball I can better synch up radio and PVR pauses but it falls apart during ads

i believe radio delays and cuts away from the action, even five seconds is a lot

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...was at the Browns game in 1981 the day after Halloween.....tons still in costumes....watched some fool chug a pitcher of martinis.....had to end up deader than Dopey Dicky Jauron......sick boy........

Nah, the fool just belched, broke wind like at a Hank Bullough post game press conference, and proceeded to drive home, sober as a judge.  ?

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I love these freaking things. Amazing play by RJ there. If only that dude had some football intelligence.

Edit; I remember that game too without looking it up. That's how sick I am. It was week 2 or week 3 and we ended up losing like 13-7. I was a big time RJ defender sadly enough.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/25/2018 at 7:00 AM, row_33 said:

Sometimes the last game was a blackout, it was all for the best.

It wasn’t a blackout here in Maine; though to their credit even on radio they pointed out Allen wasn’t catching the ball or losing it in the sun.  Along with how turnovers should have turned into points and then plugged the infamous 0-4 record against the Patriots Sean has had on the road and at home in two seasons.  With that they also mentioned how the Bills were in rebuild mode.  Got pressure on Brady and was pressuring him pretty good it’s just Foster and Zay gave up and are really mediocre talents; if they made clutch one handed grabs they might have been something.  At this point you have to find something to flip them toward.  

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I saw that, and reacted exactly as Blutarsky did upon seeing Delta pledge Kent Dorfman’s picture on the screen in ‘Animal House’.

Dorfman. I’ve given this a lot of thought. 

Your Delta Tau Chi pledge name is.....Flounder. 

Rest the starters. Let’s see what the backups can do. 

Oh wait - who are our starters again exactly?

Edited by Bakin
  • Haha (+1) 1

McDermott's Wednesday Media Day Presser at 11:20 AM ET today followed by practice at 12:30 PM.  After practice Josh Allen will meet with the media at the podium with other players being available for locker room interviews. 

Will post live Twitter and Facebook presser links as they become available: Buffalo Bills Video Live

16 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

The worst crew for the most meaningless game.

Makes sense.

CBS is broadcasting 7 games this Sunday and the Bills/Dolphins game is the only game without playoff implications.  Nobody outside of Buffalo or Miami gives a rats ass about this game

Quick Hits: Sean McDermott Reaffirms Commitment to LeSean McCoy

rn1wzjflr2pmhglahtpm.jpg

McDermott and McCoy on the same page
It was said a few weeks ago in an on-air interview by GM Brandon Beane. Head coach Sean McDermott reaffirmed his and the Bills commitment to LeSean McCoy for the 2019 season.

“Overall, I’m really excited about where we’re going and LeSean being a part of that,” said McDermott. “I know this year wasn’t what he had hoped it would be and the biggest thing is I want to see is what we’re going to do to get it back to where it needs to be. I think he’s committed to that cause as are we.”

McCoy when asked about the 2018 season following last Sunday’s game admitted it has been one of the toughest years he’s experienced in the league. In the next breath he expressed that he likes playing for the Bills organization and would like that to continue.

“I’m a good player. I love it here and we’ll see what happens, but I know who I am, so I’m not worried about that,” McCoy said.

McDermott also would not get into details about McCoy not starting Sunday due to a disciplinary issue. He credited his feature back for being accountable with respect to his misstep. McDermott later reiterated that he fully believes McCoy’s game will return to form next season when improvements are made on offense.

“LeSean is a pro,” he said. “He’s played at a very high level for a long period of time. I expect him to get back on track.”

Ball security even more important this week
Buffalo is second in the league in turnovers with 31 on the season. Only Tampa Bay has more. Knowing the amount of youth and inexperience the Bills have had on the field in the form of rookie and first-year players, decisions with the football have not always been sound.

Miami Dolphins (7-8)

Limited

– S Walt Aikens (hand)
– LB Kiko Alonso (knee/ hamstring)
– DT Ziggy Hood (hamstring)
– CB Xavien Howard (knee)
– QB Ryan Tannehill (shoulder/ ankle)
– OT Laremy Tunsil (knee)

Did Not Practice

– WR Danny Amendola (knee)
– DE Andre Branch (knee)
– S TJ McDonald (ankle)

Injured Reserve

– DE William Hayes (ACL)
– C Daniel Kilgore (arm)
– TE MarQueis Gray (ACL)
– OL Josh Sitton (shoulder)
– WR Albert Wilson (hip)
– C Jake Brendel (knee)
– CB Cordrea Tankersley (ACL)
– QB Luke Falk (wrist)
– LB Chase Allen (foot)
– DT Vincent Taylor (foot)
– TE AJ Derby (foot)
– WR Jakeen Grant (ACL)
– RB Frank Gore (foot)
– WR Travis Rudeolph (ACL)

Notes:

Miami head coach Adam Gase said if Howard has “any pain” he won’t play vs. Bills. McDonald and Alonso did did not play last week. Amendola had a “veteran rest day” of sorts.

Buffalo Bills (5-10)

Limited

– CB Ryan Lewis (concussion)

Did Not Practice

– WR Deonte Thompson (toe)
– LB Julian Stanford (ankle)

Notes:

Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott said Chris Ivory would practice in full (shoulder).

Injured Reserve

– RB Taiwan Jones (neck)
– P Cory Carter (ACL)
– C Russell Bodine (leg)
– P Corey Bojorquez (shoulder)
– LB Matt Milano (leg)
– CB Taron Johnson (shoulder)
– RB Marcus Murphy (elbow)

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 17: Dolphins Game Preparation - Vegas Lines Open with Bills 3.5 Point Favorites; Wednesday Injury & Practice Reports Posted

vovm6zkwyfvgcpq5uu5u.jpg

Week 17: Coffee With the Coach (3:44)

Chris Brown sits down with Head Coach Sean McDermott for this week's Coffee With the Coach. They discuss LB Lorenzo Alexander's game against the Patriots, playing situational football vs the Dolphins, and a fan asks coach a question via Twitter.

Bills Today: Kyle, 'Zo Connect McDermott's Message to Players

vaqpbqti9loxgkuoaeha.jpg

Opposing Player Spotlight: Week 17, Buffalo Bills

1074138002.jpg.0.jpg

By Justin Hier 

The Miami Dolphins have been eliminated from the playoffs, but the season is not over. The Dolphins must travel to Buffalo for the team’s season finale against its division rival, and despite the irrelevance of this contest in terms of postseason contention, both coaches and players still have plenty to compete for, most notably their jobs. In order to win this matchup, the Dolphins will need to stop Buffalo’s offense from creating big plays and putting quick points on the board. The Dolphins defense has struggled with preventing splash plays all season. To do so this week Miami will need to stymie Buffalo’s biggest home run threat.

Each week of the 2018 season, I’ve highlighted one player on the opposing team that Dolphins fans should be watching out for. For this final week, that player is Buffalo Bills wide receiver Robert Foster.