ALERT... Rick Jeanneret taken to hospital tonight during game

EasternOHBillsFan

I just thought that everyone here should know that Rick Jeanneret was taken to the hospital tonight when he started going slow and then silent in his speech.

Praying for you, Rick. This is absolutely horrible.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/22/rick-jeanneret-taken-from-arena-during-sabres-broadcast/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 4

When my son started Kindergarten 15 years ago... He came out with a classic about RJ after hearing him.  My son had just been scolded in class for "blurting out."

My Son says in an inquisitive manner:

"Mama? ? He (meaning RJ) gets paid to blurt out?"

My Wife's reply:

"Yes... He gets paid to blurt out."??

?

I'm pushing 50 now and I remember him when I was a kid calling the Sabres' games on the radio.  We'd put the hockey game on the TV and turn the TV volume down and listen to him call the game over the radio. 

True Buffalo icon.  Get well soon Rick!!!

Edited by Inigo Montoya

Being older than dirt, I well remember him from the beginning. The fantastic Ted Darling was our main announcer. He did play by play for tv when they were televised and then Rick would do radio. We all realized quickly how great we had it with these two. RJ’s call on Robert’s OT Winner in our 1st ever Playoff series vs Montreal catapulted him to SUPERSTAR. Truly bone chilling! 

“ROBERT! RENE ROBERT!! And the Sabres HAVE WON! THE SABRES HAVE WON!!!”

Get well soon, Rick!

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Being older than dirt, I well remember him from the beginning. The fantastic Ted Darling was our main announcer. He did play by play for tv when they were televised and then Rick would do radio. We all realized quickly how great we had it with these two. RJ’s call on Robert’s OT Winner in our 1st ever Playoff series vs Montreal catapulted him to SUPERSTAR. Truly bone chilling! 

Get well soon, Rick!

...LOL....good stuff bud......Rene Robert actually played for the 1969-1970 Rochester Americans in the AHL (Buffalo affiliate that Pegula now owns.)..........

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Get well soon, Rick!

His legendary calls of late have been no less iconic. How about this gem after a recent Eichel goal after the Sabres captain showed off some precision moves on the play: "Coming soon to a theater near you, 'Sick Mitts' starring Jack Eichel."

He is as much a part of the Sabres experience as is the crossed swords logo. Praying for a quick return to health for our beloved Mr. Jeanneret.

• Like (+1) 2