Autographs

What are the coolest autographs you've collected over the years? All of mine came from me meeting the person directly, not buying the autograph. I've never directly paid for autograph in my life.

One's I've had (even if I probably lost some since then), in order of how cool I think they were

• Chuck Berry. Waited outside his dressing room before a show.
  • REO Speedwagon. Literally standing in the same spot I got Chuck's a few months later. They almost hit me with their bus.
  • Stu Cook, and Doug Clifford. Drummer and Bassist for Creedence. Same spot as the first two.
  • George Thorogood. After a show where I sat front row all show holding up my album.
  • Doobie Brothers current lineup. My aunt's friend from high school is married to their current sax player, so we got backstage passes.
  • Derek St. Holmes. Original lead singer for Ted Nugent. Wrote all of his songs that were actually good before Ted kicked him out in the early 80s.
  • Mick Brown (Drummer from Dokken.)

I used to work in a hotel so I got several autographs from famous guests. Bill Murray, Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Todd Rundgren, Eddie Money, Ian McLagen, Ian Anderson, Lou Ferigno. Now I live close to the NY Mets training camp and I have about 20 autographed baseballs from Mets players.

2 hours ago, mrags said:

i Can tell you the best one I never got. CJ Spiller pulled a spin move on me in line at training camp once and passed me over completely. 

Ever since then my blood runs hot when I hear his name. 

Then there's the time Watkins gave you the ol' okie doke. Good times man, good times.

2 hours ago, mrags said:

i Can tell you the best one I never got. CJ Spiller pulled a spin move on me in line at training camp once and passed me over completely. 

So you got him into space, huh?

I got George Steinbrenner's when I was a kid.   Didn't get Howard Cosell's but he was at one of my little league games.

Was visiting Buffalo, sometime in the 90's, and the NFLPA was raising funds at the Walden Galleria.  I made a donation, maybe $10 or 20, and they personally signed a Nieman print for me.

The players were; Charley Ferguson WR #80, Lou Piccone WR #89, Robert James CB #80, and one mystery signature that looks like Bob Dugan #74, but I can't identify that name in any reference. 

3 hours ago, mrags said:

He was probably just trying to get some space. Nothing personal. 

30 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I want a Donald Trump autograph ?

Are you looking for a pardon? Do tell! 

Lou Roe

Marcus Camby

Dee Brown

Mark Bravaro

I told the Bravaro story before, my younger brother walked off with his SB ring at a local polish club where he showed up to party with his old buddies. We were kids back then but it’s something we still joke about, were there with our stepdad.

Some of these aren't collected personally,  but authenticated by whoever does that stuff.

Jim Kelly 

Brooks Robinson 

Mike Musina 

Johnny Unitas 

Whitey Ford 

Ritchie Ashburn 

Also I got Tiny Tim's autograph at a circus when I was a kid . Unfortunately I hung it above my hamster cage and he chewed most of it away. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

I had a really rare opportunity to meet Roger Waters after a show in '99 (usually he splits immediately in a black dark van with motorcycle cavalcade like some sort of head of state).  While standing in line, it became apparent we'd only get a quick moment with him.  So I made a judgement call to shake his hand instead of getting the autograph.  It actually made for an awkward moment, with him holding a marker waiting for something to sign and me dangling my hand out in the wind instead.  When he looked at me, I said "thank you Roger" and he gave me a really quick handshake (learned later he's a bit of a germaphobe).  Being able to tell people (and you now) that I shook the hand that wrote The Wall is better than an autograph to me so I've never regretted it.  Can you tell I'm a huge PF fan ??

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I had a really rare opportunity to meet Roger Waters after a show in '99 (usually he splits immediately in a black dark van with motorcycle cavalcade like some sort of head of state).  While standing in line, it became apparent we'd only get a quick moment with him.  So I made a judgement call to shake his hand instead of getting the autograph.  It actually made for an awkward moment, with him holding a marker waiting for something to sign and me dangling my hand out in the wind instead.  When he looked at me, I said "thank you Roger" and he gave me a really quick handshake (learned later he's a bit of a germaphobe).  Being able to tell people (and you now) that I shook the hand that wrote The Wall is better than an autograph to me so I've never regretted it.  Can you tell I'm a huge PF fan ??

I was at a Bisons game once, in early April, so nobody was there. I had just gotten into a car accident, so I had a cast on. There was a player in the autograph stand with no line. So I walked up and put my cast up to him, he just shook my hand and was confused. Lol.

Collected sports autographs as a kid.  Some of the better ones I can think of...

Michael Jordan 

Joe Montana

Karl Malone

Ken Griffey Jr.

Cornelius Bennett

Drew Bledsoe

I got most of the early 90’s Bills players with the exception of Kelly, Thurman and Reed.  Those guys were hard to get.

I think the only ones I have are Sabres. A couple Rob Ray's and Ted Nolans. Ted signed a stick after a practice.

I worked with someone who gave me a Sabres stick that was supposed to be signed by Hasek but I'm not sure on that one. My wife also gave me a stick signed by the entire 2016 OHL Niagara Ice Dogs team. Most famous name on that one is probably Islanders prospect Josh Ho Sang

As a kid I think I had a Commander Tom signed picture too

Edited by apuszczalowski