Saints will win tonight

mead107

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Then don't fumble.  Been that way since forever.  Play on.

Uh. That doesn’t mean it’s not an awful rule. 

It’s not a turnover anywhere else on the field. It’s a really senseless rule. Being that way “since forever” doesn’t mean it’s not a crappy rule. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t dislike the rule. That’s was a very heady play by the defender. The rule actually makes sense as there is nowhere else you can place the ball. 

If another offensive player recovers it, they bring it back to the spot of the fumble.

It’s worth discussing a rule change, I’m sure it’s been considered 

2 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

If another offensive player recovers it, they bring it back to the spot of the fumble.

It’s worth discussing a rule change, I’m sure it’s been considered 

Yes, but we’re talking about losing possession with no recovery at the spot on the gridiron that the offense can go no further. The rule is fine, just protect the football. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

He looks awful this year.

If it wasn't for McCaffrey Newtons stats would be horrific.  After tonight's game CMAC has 94 catches! 

Also folks McDermitt better NOT try to sign Carolina WR Funches who is a free agent I believe.  This guy was cloned from the same vat that produced KB. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes, but we’re talking about losing possession with no recovery at the spot on the gridiron that the offense can go no further. The rule is fine, just protect the football. 

I mostly agree that it’s fine, as it’s a fairly rare play, but it’s far from great. 

I get both arguments 

• Like (+1) 1