Josh Allen’s Adjusted Completion Percentage = 72.7%

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Drops by his receivers (like Clay's on what would have been the game-winning TD against the Dols) should definitely be taken into account.  As for throwaways, I don't think they should be because there are numerous factors that lead to them (poor OL play, coverage, busted play, etc.).

So, do you put that "drop" 100% on Clay?  Or is it 50/50 bad throw/drop, so it's a wash?

3 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

So, do you put that "drop" 100% on Clay?  Or is it 50/50 bad throw/drop, so it's a wash?

There was a huge poll on this topic on the news during a short period. Over 90% blamed Clay 100% he could of run back out to the 5 yard line and caught a pass.

2 hours ago, WhyteDwarf said:

But didn't he also say when you adjust all other QB's completion percentage in the same manner Allen is 23rd on the list?  YAY?

OP missed that point.

The incessant defense of Josh Allen will fade with the passage of time, as it did with Tyrod Taylor.

Eventually everyone and has brother will want him gone.

His exciting runs and display of emotion/desire to win on the field have bought him more time than most, which is understandable.

2 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Here's a good stat - 

Last 4 games the Bills have averaged only about two - 3 and outs per game where they had to punt.   Bills aren't punting from inside their own 25 yard line like they were so much earlier in the year.  

a new poster making sense. I like this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

OP missed that point.

The incessant defense of Josh Allen will fade with the passage of time, as it did with Tyrod Taylor.

Eventually everyone and has brother will want him gone.

His exciting runs and display of emotion/desire to win on the field have bought him more time than most, which is understandable.

Oh, hello my fellow troll, lol.

I missed you at troll school last night!

Edited by WhyteDwarf

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Interesting quote from Mike Rodak over at ESPN.  People with an anti-Josh Allen agenda (Bill Barnwell, Mike Schopp, Cian Fahey) want to use his completion % to try to confirm their bias that “he sucks.”   But his adjusted completion percentage, which actually provides context, shows that his performance was a bit stronger than his stats:

And that why stats are garbage. Its clear to see Allen is capable of being a star QB. Would definitely help if our WRs would catch the ball.

If the Bills simply called two more RB or WR screen passes a game, the amount that virtually all other teams throw, his completion % would be 5+ points higher and his accuracy will not have changed one bit. He also doesn't dump the ball off to backs three yards away from him, like 90% of other teams and QBs. We don't even have RBs in the patterns to dump the ball off to like most teams on a lot of plays. That's another five or so percentage points.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, WhyteDwarf said:

I put it all on Clay.  The ball got to where it needed to go, under extreme duress, and Clay failed to make the catch.  Frankly I don't know what Clay was doing on that play and I don't think he did either.  And I doubt he even catches a "perfectly thrown ball." 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

I put it all on Clay.  The ball got to where it needed to go, under extreme duress, and Clay failed to make the catch.  Frankly I don't know what Clay was doing on that play and I don't think he did either.  And I doubt he even catches a "perfectly thrown ball." 

Yeah, I see it differently, I put it on Allen.

The only reason we obsess over this is because it was the biggest concern coming out of college.

Allen takes a lot of shots downfield, which I love.  Looking at his whole game yesterday, even the majority of his throws that weren’t caught or dropped were crisp and pretty well placed, with only a few exceptions.  

The eye eye test may be silly  in other areas, but I’m good with it here.  He threw the ball well yesterday.  I saw an NFL quarterback who had command of his throws.

By contrast, GOAT Brady sailed his last 4 passes in the red zone, and threw a rookie pick that probably turned the game.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I'll agree to agree with you and agree to disagree with him. Clay needs to track the ball and make that catch.

Yup.  Any receiver playing in the NFL should be able to make that catch.

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'll agree to agree with you and agree to disagree with him. Clay needs to track the ball and make that catch.

And I'll agree to agree with you about agreeing with Doc about agreeing that Clay needs to make that catch.

His feet were cemented to the ground....just take a step or two up and catch it at your waist.