Bills have released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Wrong is cutting him so he could move elsewhere. Should have kept him on the roster and on the bench.  It was pretty apparent game 1 that he had no desire to do anything but the minimum for this team.  McDermott was crazy to keep trotting his sorry ass out on the field Sunday after Sunday.  

I would not want that kind of malcontent around my young team; if they did not want to play him they had to cut him. I can only imagine what the wr coaches had to say about his tape when they looked at it as a group. 

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I probably won’t have traded for a fat receiver if I was running the team but what do I know. 

No probably not, but you would have wanted to sign an often-injured player who averages 600 yard receiving to a $17 Million a year contract.

56 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I would not want that kind of malcontent around my young team; if they did not want to play him they had to cut him. I can only imagine what the wr coaches had to say about his tape when they looked at it as a group. 

I would have thought when the WR s room ran game tape Kelvin would would have been ashamed honestly to watch himself.

Cannot see that changing. all he was and will be good for is drawing coverage. Just in case  he accidentally runs a good route. and has the odds on  his side and catches something

it could happen....

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I would have thought when the WR s room ran game tape Kelvin would would have been ashamed honestly to watch himself.

Cannot see that changing. all he was and will be good for is drawing coverage. Just in case  he accidentally runs a good route. and has the odds on  his side and catches something

it could happen....

I'll tell you the words that were never said; "ok guys, let's take a look at what kelvin did on this play, I want you to repeat what he did".

I'm assuming KB's tape was last and more often than not time was up before they got too far.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:25 AM, eball said:

Wow -- that is incredibly unlucky for Sammy.  Makes you wonder if his body type isn't suited to the rigors of the NFL.  Some guys just can't stay healthy.

Update: it is indeed his other foot. The current injury is with the right foot (via espn), and the earlier one, which resulted in surgery, was in the left foot.

• 1 month later...

....and dumped yet again..............

Broncos cut Andre Holmes

Posted by Charean Williams on January 23, 2019, 5:57 PM EST

The Broncos released receiver Andre Holmes on Wednesday, according to the NFL’s official transaction wire.

They claimed Holmes off waivers from the Bills on Dec. 5 after Emmanuel Sanders tore his Achilles’ in practice.

Holmes played three games for the Broncos, catching one pass for 5 yards. He had 12 catches for 157 yards with Buffalo this season.

Holmes, 30, also has played in Dallas and Oakland in his seven-year career, catching 128 passes for 1,744 yards and 15 touchdowns

41 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and dumped yet again..............

Broncos cut Andre Holmes

Posted by Charean Williams on January 23, 2019, 5:57 PM EST

The Broncos released receiver Andre Holmes on Wednesday, according to the NFL’s official transaction wire.

They claimed Holmes off waivers from the Bills on Dec. 5 after Emmanuel Sanders tore his Achilles’ in practice.

Holmes played three games for the Broncos, catching one pass for 5 yards. He had 12 catches for 157 yards with Buffalo this season.

Holmes, 30, also has played in Dallas and Oakland in his seven-year career, catching 128 passes for 1,744 yards and 15 touchdowns

Ouch...this might be 'all she wrote' for his career unless he somehow storms back in somebody's training camp as an extra body. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wasn't KB a game-day inactive for the AFC Championship?

Answering my own question:  Yes.   Yes, he was.

He played in three games for KC, was targeted 5 times, made 2 catches for a total of 26 yards.

He wasn't targeted at all in the playoffs.

No wonder KC lost to the Pats*** :bag:

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

He played in three games for KC, was targeted 5 times, made 2 catches for a total of 26 yards.

He wasn't targeted at all in the playoffs.

No wonder KC lost to the Pats*** :bag:

I forget which game it was, but I saw him alligator-arm a Mahomes pass that hit him just to the L of his numbers about shoulder-pad height.  Was it a perfect pass from Mahomes, No.  Was it a pass a quality NFL WR should have hauled in with no problems, Absolutely.

I would be surprised if Benjamin continues with football.  I think he Got Paid and he now wants to build him a nice house with a front porch he can sit on, and enjoy the view.  I think he was kidding himself maybe that the problem was his QBs, but he got his shot with Wonderboy and as you say.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wasn't KB a game-day inactive for the AFC Championship?

Answering my own question:  Yes.   Yes, he was.

Are you sure?  I thought he was they guy they sent back to the KC locker room to pick up Coach Reid’s copy of ‘Using Your Timeouts Wisely’.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I forget which game it was, but I saw him alligator-arm a Mahomes pass that hit him just to the L of his numbers about shoulder-pad height.  Was it a perfect pass from Mahomes, No.  Was it a pass a quality NFL WR should have hauled in with no problems, Absolutely.

I would be surprised if Benjamin continues with football.  I think he Got Paid and he now wants to build him a nice house with a front porch he can sit on, and enjoy the view.  I think he was kidding himself maybe that the problem was his QBs, but he got his shot with Wonderboy and as you say.....

Oh I remember that play and I cracked up watching it! THAT was Allens #1 option for over half the year.... dude couldn't even crack the lineup of a good squad. that's insane...

i'm just gonna assume allens accuracy issues are what landed KB on KC's healthy scratch list ?

…. that's the trendy thing to blame around here nowadays. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

To think the Bills went into this season relying upon Benjamin and Holmes as significant members of the WR corps...ouch.  I don't care who you blame -- Beane, McD, Whaley (for the cap situation) -- that's just awful.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

To think the Bills went into this season relying upon Benjamin and Holmes as significant members of the WR corps...ouch.  I don't care who you blame -- Beane, McD, Whaley (for the cap situation) -- that's just awful.

seriously. the guys couldn't even crack the lineups of other teams. that's absurd.

1 hour ago, JPP said:

No surprise....Benjamin was the "Mike Tolbert" of the WR corp....Holmes was useless here......

"It's just a bad season," Benjamin said. "It is what it is. Just football, man. You have good seasons, you have bad seasons. I've had successful seasons in this league. I'll have plenty more. For some reason, it's just not the year."

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

"It's just a bad season," Benjamin said. "It is what it is. Just football, man. You have good seasons, you have bad seasons. I've had successful seasons in this league. I'll have plenty more. For some reason, it's just not the year."

Maybe it was too many deserts eaten this past year?

• Haha (+1) 1