The Best Thing about the Dolphins Game.

Just now, Epstein's Mother said:

I think the best thing that came from a Bills loss yesterday is the Dolphins likely believe they're on the way to something.  That means sticking with Tannehill and Gase for some time to come and that can only be good for Buffalo.

Said the same thing to a friend yesterday. We lost the battle but won the war

• Like (+1) 2

Who needs the win at this point? Great to see JA and ZJ progress. Defense is solid. A couple of near misses, turnovers and penalties on young linemen doomed the game but that is so correctable. Not to mention poor decision by JA on pick, but encouraging because he will learn from it. Silver lining is higher draft pick and that each game is a team wide tryout for next year.

• Like (+1) 1

What I love so far about this kid is his movement in the pocket. Every pass he is under some type of pressure. Our OL is bad and we all know it. JA does not flinch, he finds open areas to scramble to, makes his 2nd, 3rd reads and then depending on the pressure either makes the throw, throws it away or takes off. His running is more purposeful and not the Tyrod happy feet with no chance of a pass. He will get better and as time goes on, have a better line, and better receivers who he will have years to build a rapport with. Very encouraging indeed. 

But the team as a whole has been a let down, especially ST under Crossman, and of course KB, Clay, Shady, the OL and Murphy, Gaines, Davis on D. 

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Josh Allen has won over the Fanbase and we have our Franchise QB.

Championships are coming, GO BILLS !!!

he's won over quite a few...    the Rosen fans will take a lot longer ....  if ever 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

after going through todays threads and posts its clear to see the Fans are on board.

McD has the plan and is why championship.

AFCE crown is a championship too...   

Funny how some are thinking  you meant the whole enchilada 

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

the thing that was really getting under my skin about him though was that it seemed like every single play,  he had someone wide open to his right.

either ivory waving to him or zay jones doing jumping jacks.

why does he not even glance that way? it looked to me that there were so many chunk plays for the taking with easy throws.  i don't get it.

Yes I miss Trent Edwards too

I wouldn't want to see Josh Allen line up against my team. If he was on the Jets, I'd be very scared for the next decade

Feels good to have a guy like that lining up each week for the Bills

Josh might be my first active player jersey purchase in a long time. This kid is going to be a stud

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/1/2018 at 7:17 PM, YoloinOhio said:

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Now imagine what he will do with a solid offensive line and not a lazy alligator-armed receiver with the initials KB.

Fixed. 

Once a good  O-line comes around and speed can move downfield, look the bleep out.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

No question as the kid is amazing with a burning desire to win. A one man team with one good receiver and one good linemen.

Now imagine what he will do with a solid offensive line and receiver corps.

Championships!

6 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

the thing that was really getting under my skin about him though was that it seemed like every single play,  he had someone wide open to his right.

why does he not even glance that way? it looked to me that there were so many chunk plays for the taking with easy throws.  i don't get it.

have to watch the tape.

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You seem to feel a need to belong to a group with a similar way of thinking.

Ha lol, if you knew me you would know i don't need to belong to a group of anything. Im the drummer to my own beat.

Just pointing out Allen is the man and the fans know it.

6 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

That's why I laughed at all the experts on this board who claimed they "broke down his tape" at Wyoming after we drafted him and proclaimed that he would never succeed. He still has a long way to go but you can definitely see the tools and why he was selected so high. 

i wasnt his biggest fan before the draft but i Trust McD and knew it would work.

5 hours ago, Haplo848 said:

The great thing is, it's not even JUST Allen.  The past two drafts have netted viable starters to studs to absolute stars all the way down into the 5th round.  Just look at the draft picks:

2017 - Tre White (star), Zay Jones (making significant improvement and is a viable starter), Dion Dawkins (viable starter), Matt Milano (stud).  The other two picks, Peterman and Vallejo, haven't worked out, but only missed on a 5th and a 6th?  Those are crap shoot rounds.

2018 - Josh Allen (likely franchise QB), Tremaine Edmunds (star in the making), Harrison Phillips (good rotational player and showing signs of being good for a long time), Taron Johnson (stud of a nickel back), Siran Neel (word still out on him), Wyatt Teller (viable starter).  Ray-Ray and Proehl seem like bad picks, but a 6 and a 7?  Again, crap shoot rounds.

Other 1st and 2nd year players making an impact: Levi Wallace, Robert Foster, Jason Croom, and Isaiah McKenzie.  

For once, we're actually drafting well, and those draft picks are having a huge impact on games, even ones pretty deep into the draft.  I'm excited for these Bills, despite it being a losing season, because it's anything but a lost one.  There's been a hell of a lot of development that will pay dividends in the future.  I can only imagine what the Bills will do if the players they have, especially Allen, keep developing, let alone if we also keep drafting this well.  The future sure seems bright in Buffalo.

We have to wear shades B-)

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not so sure. Yesterday stuck a fork in the season. It’ll be interesting to see how motivated the Bills are next Sunday.

This isnt the old Bills, they play hard (minus Benjamin) its the culture McD has built.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It's Josh Allen definitely this year he hurdles Anthony Barr shut up jalen Ramsey trucked Myles Jack embarrassed kiko Alonzo all the greatest athletes have that ah ha moment Jordan's 63 against Boston bo Jackson's running through the tunnel running across the wall that pellet he threw in the all-star game Josh Allen superstar material when this offense upgrades next year we will be automatic contenders we need a stud center and a power back Allen doesn't need superstar receivers just competent 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

he's won over quite a few...    the Rosen fans will take a lot longer ....  if ever 

AFCE crown is a championship too...   

Funny how some are thinking  you meant the whole enchilada 

Well i was referring to the WHOLE ENCHILADA :D

Rosen lovers are demented.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

bills, I think those are some of the "rookie things" Josh has to work on.  With more reps, those are some of the things he'll get better at. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yes I miss Trent Edwards too

I wouldn't want to see Josh Allen line up against my team. If he was on the Jets, I'd be very scared for the next decade

Feels good to have a guy like that lining up each week for the Bills

Josh might be my first active player jersey purchase in a long time. This kid is going to be a stud

don't get me wrong...i've been praying for a vertical game since kelly to lofton,   but i would like to see the kid (before the end of the year) work on his being a complete. qb....

and that means being able to torment opponents with the short game as well.  i wanna see his eyes scan both sides of the field and take what's there. move the chains.

am i the only one who saw a wide open guy on the top of the screen?. it seems like it was there on every down in the first half.....made me kinda wonder if he's deaf and not just blind on the right side.  we try to run to that side to the point of stupidity, but he won't even look that way unless it's way down....and when we were going 3 and out?....

i love the kid but maybe it's time to open things up....from the pocket.

Edited by billsredneck1

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yup.  And 20% of that 25% are guys who proclaimed that Josh Allen was bust the day we drafted him.  They will hang onto that until the kid retires before they admit they're wrong.

What a crappy way to live.

Not me. I declared him a bust the day he was drafted and I'm up from 0% confidence in long term viability to 20% confidence.

He's extraordinary in certain areas and he's clearly a tough kid. If he can improve his accuracy, he's got a real shot. I still have more skepticism than optimism, but you saw the flashes yesterday that you need to see from a rookie. The guys that make it will show it as rookies in flashes. We saw that yesterday. Long way to go.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Josh Allen has won over the Fanbase and we have our Franchise QB.

Championships are coming, GO BILLS !!!

I think a big part of the work is done....but it is far from over

Now they need to go through an offseason of biulding AROUND Josh Allen

He need a pocket

He needs a running game

He need speed guys that will track a ball.....catch a ball....and do something with a ball after they catch it

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yup.  And 20% of that 25% are guys who proclaimed that Josh Allen was bust the day we drafted him.  They will hang onto that until the kid retires before they admit they're wrong.

What a crappy way to live.

For a fun time, go back and read the predraft QB threads. Cross reference today's threads to see who's still complaining about what a bust Allen is. Then-

200.gif

• Haha (+1) 2