Notable fact about all of our wins with Josh Allen at QB this year

We all know that the team is 3-2 in games Allen starts and finishes and 1-5 in games he doesn't.

But the 3 teams we've beaten with him at the helm--Vikings, Titans, Jags--were all in the playoffs last year.

And on top of that, they all won playoff games last year.

Vikings- in the NFC Championship games

Jags- in the AFC Championship game

Titans- won during WC weekend and made it to the divisional round

Josh Allen's on-field leap inspires new meme

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 3

https://buffalonews.com/2018/11/29/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-nfl-quarterback-voice-of-the-fan/

Voice of the Fan: How many of the 50 essentials of being QB does Josh Allen possess?

And yet, still, he has 30 things he needs to learn, improve substantially on, or downright master.

How does anyone do it? A guy could have 49 of the essentials but if he didn’t have one of them such as arm strength, attitude, ability to handle severe pressure or read defenses -- just to name a few -- it is a death knell, and you simply cannot play that position in this league.

Last Sunday, Josh Allen took one small step for quarterbacks and one giant leap for the Buffalo Bills in his return to the starting lineup, after missing five weeks because two thugs simultaneously sandwiched him after he threw a bullet, and remarkably, neither was flagged.

Allen looked more poised in the pocket. He threw short, medium and long. He threw left, right and down the middle. He threw with power, touch and accuracy. He ran and scrambled and threw on the run. He handled, slid in, stepped up in, and avoided the rush under duress. He read defenses. He thought quickly and acted decisively. He was fearless and tough. He showed leadership, commanded the team and huddle. And more. Allen showcased maybe two-thirds of the essentials.

In fact, everyone knows that 89.61% of stats are made up. Some will say Allen was 8-for-19 and inaccurate, but that would be inaccurate. Most of the game he was extremely so. And he averaged 20 yards a completion, which is off the charts. He averaged 8.4 yards per attempt, which would be seventh in the league.

Not to mention running for 100 yards, the most ever by a Bills quarterback in a game. I’m not counting those last two kneel downs as yards lost and neither should you, let alone the NFL.

The crowd, buoyed by the Sabres and UB, was rocking. Buffalo’s main home teams, between the streaking Sabres, Bills and Bull have won, like, 20 games in a row, at least as of Wednesday night.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We're definitely in the easy part of the schedule now. New England is the only tough one left. Hard to see us beating them in their place.

On the other hand, the teams we face probably look at the Bills coming up and think it will be an easy win too.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://buffalonews.com/2018/11/29/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-nfl-quarterback-voice-of-the-fan/

Voice of the Fan: How many of the 50 essentials of being QB does Josh Allen possess?

And yet, still, he has 30 things he needs to learn, improve substantially on, or downright master.

How does anyone do it? A guy could have 49 of the essentials but if he didn’t have one of them such as arm strength, attitude, ability to handle severe pressure or read defenses -- just to name a few -- it is a death knell, and you simply cannot play that position in this league.

Last Sunday, Josh Allen took one small step for quarterbacks and one giant leap for the Buffalo Bills in his return to the starting lineup, after missing five weeks because two thugs simultaneously sandwiched him after he threw a bullet, and remarkably, neither was flagged.

Allen looked more poised in the pocket. He threw short, medium and long. He threw left, right and down the middle. He threw with power, touch and accuracy. He ran and scrambled and threw on the run. He handled, slid in, stepped up in, and avoided the rush under duress. He read defenses. He thought quickly and acted decisively. He was fearless and tough. He showed leadership, commanded the team and huddle. And more. Allen showcased maybe two-thirds of the essentials.

In fact, everyone knows that 89.61% of stats are made up. Some will say Allen was 8-for-19 and inaccurate, but that would be inaccurate. Most of the game he was extremely so. And he averaged 20 yards a completion, which is off the charts. He averaged 8.4 yards per attempt, which would be seventh in the league.

Not to mention running for 100 yards, the most ever by a Bills quarterback in a game. I’m not counting those last two kneel downs as yards lost and neither should you, let alone the NFL.

The crowd, buoyed by the Sabres and UB, was rocking. Buffalo’s main home teams, between the streaking Sabres, Bills and Bull have won, like, 20 games in a row, at least as of Wednesday night.

Unfortunately it’s just 8 completions. That’s not near enough of a sample to throw around YPC. 

He did some things very well, and had a solid Q1 passing....  but had to cover for the fact that he only completed 4 passes after the first quarter. Running is a great perk that helped makeup for the lack of passing success most of the game.  

Hopefully progress shows those rushing attempts turning into catches for someone as weeks go by... 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

is that jitterbug font?

the teams obviously more motivated with the kid at the helm. I mean I could hardly stomach watching old legs "wheres my 9 iron" anderson out there and who was the least motivated player who apparently did not even want to come out of retirement. barkley was able to at least give the team some spark but having allen healthy is giving them their best chance at winning ball games for sure.

45 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

is that jitterbug font?

the teams obviously more motivated with the kid at the helm. I mean I could hardly stomach watching old legs "wheres my 9 iron" anderson out there and who was the least motivated player who apparently did not even want to come out of retirement. barkley was able to at least give the team some spark but having allen healthy is giving them their best chance at winning ball games for sure.

Sorry, I just copy and paste directly from the website... that was the font that came up.

My bad.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

"Notable fact about all of our wins with Josh Allen at QB this year"

Another reach like the old adage of "when life hands you lemons.... 

giphy.gif

I get your point, but besides that

AM I GOING CRAZY?  When I first looked at this it wasn't making sense because it looked like the cups were going from left to right...where did the cap go?  Why are the cups suddenly empty?  WHY THE HELL ARE THE LIDS GOING ON FIRST?!!!!

Then I squinted, blinked and then could see the cups going right to left.

...and if you look at it long enough you can seem them going both ways.

Jeepers-creepers i need to go lay down now.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

50 essentials of being a QB lmao

In no specific order:

• Win games
  • Win championships
  • Show true leadership and mental toughness
  • Have accuracy and arm strength
  • Size
  • Experience
  • Good ball-handling and play-action skills
  • Read a defense at full speed under durress
  • Handle a heavy rush
  • Stand strong in the pocket under fire
  • Step up in or slide in the pocket
  • Have poise
  • Follow game plans
  • Think quickly and act decisively
  • Be fearless, tough, and never panic
  • Have the ability to run, scramble, and throw on the run both left and right
  • Know and work the clock
  • Throw left, right and down the middle; short, medium and long; and all with power, touch and accuracy
  • Be coachable
  • Call audibles
  • Command a huddle
  • Study film
  • Withstand and play with pain
  • Stay healthy
  • Run the two-minute and four-minute offense
  • And then play your very best at crunch time in the biggest games on the biggest stage with the most on the line under severe pressure.

Oh, and don’t be a jerk to your coaches, teammates, fans or anyone off the field. Ever.

All while 11 enormous maniacs are actually trying to rip your head off or bury a helmet into your sternum or spleen.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Unfortunately it’s just 8 completions. That’s not near enough of a sample to throw around YPC. 

He did some things very well, and had a solid Q1 passing....  but had to cover for the fact that he only completed 4 passes after the first quarter. Running is a great perk that helped makeup for the lack of passing success most of the game.  

Hopefully progress shows those rushing attempts turning into catches for someone as weeks go by... 

It's been said before of course, and you know this, but he had three very nice completions called back, two drops ( albeit one was tough catch) and three incompletions that he avoided the rush and rolled out and threw it away. Plus two inc which were a Hail Mary good pass, and a third and 25 where he just heaved it up on a prayer, which is a way better play and idea than a 3 yard pass every other Bills QB does. He was accurate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

AM I GOING CRAZY?  When I first looked at this it wasn't making sense because it looked like the cups were going from left to right...where did the cap go?  Why are the cups suddenly empty?  WHY THE HELL ARE THE LIDS GOING ON FIRST?!!!!

I experienced the same effect. So, yes you are going crazy.  Welcome aboard. 

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's been said before of course, and you know this, but he had three very nice completions called back, two drops ( albeit one was tough catch) and three incompletions that he avoided the rush and rolled out and threw it away. Plus two inc which were a Hail Mary good pass, and a third and 25 where he just heaved it up on a prayer, which is a way better play and idea than a 3 yard pass every other Bills QB does. He was accurate. 

Get your facts outta here.

Edited by downunderbill
Remove most of the quote.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We all know that the team is 3-2 in games Allen starts and finishes and 1-5 in games he doesn't.

But the 3 teams we've beaten with him at the helm--Vikings, Titans, Jags--were all in the playoffs last year.

And on top of that, they all won playoff games last year.

Vikings- in the NFC Championship games

Jags- in the AFC Championship game

Titans- won during WC weekend and made it to the divisional round

Josh Allen's on-field leap inspires new meme

They also all have legit defences.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

"Notable fact about all of our wins with Josh Allen at QB this year"

Another reach like the old adage of "when life hands you lemons.... 

giphy.gif

notable fact that this thought deserved it's own thread...

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We got you! You're a BuffaloBud420 burner account!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

good idea...in a dark, cool place. call for an appointment in the morning.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I’m squinting and they’re still going left to right.   Looks senseless to me.  Maybe the part of my brain that processes vision is defective???

• Like (+1) 1