Notable fact about all of our wins with Josh Allen at QB this year

8 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

If they aren't insults, they are really as close as you can get to it. I was going off of your body of work. If you are an Allen fan, you hide it well.

I know it’s crazy in this world where everything has to either be a fan or hate the guy but....

if going off my history you should see I often refer to him as the highest ceiling guy in a couple years but also one of the biggest learning curves. hes a risky pick and I don’t think the bills have done all that they could to properly maximize his odds of success. I don’t think anything insulting or controversial there.

dude has run like a gazelle and completed a couple great throws. 4 completions in 45 minutes isn’t sustainable but stealing a win like that as a young guy is great as long as we see some him grow as a passer long term. Which he might, or might not. Again, not seeing an insult or controversy there. 

I hope we dump every resource we can into maximizing the talent around him on and off the field. I don’t think we came close to doing that last year in advance of getting a guy, or this year. 

So, no, I don’t think I need to get fitted for a cheerleader outfit but that doesn’t mean I dislike the kid. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I know it’s crazy in this world where everything has to either be a fan or hate the guy but....

if going off my history you should see I often refer to him as the highest ceiling guy in a couple years but also one of the biggest learning curves. hes a risky pick and I don’t think the bills have done all that they could to properly maximize his odds of success. I don’t think anything insulting or controversial there.

dude has run like a gazelle and completed a couple great throws. 4 completions in 45 minutes isn’t sustainable but stealing a win like that as a young guy is great as long as we see some him grow as a passer long term. Which he might, or might not. Again, not seeing an insult or controversy there. 

I hope we dump every resource we can into maximizing the talent around him on and off the field. I don’t think we came close to doing that last year in advance of getting a guy, or this year. 

So, no, I don’t think I need to get fitted for a cheerleader outfit but that doesn’t mean I dislike the kid. 

Not to nitpick, but you're speaking present tense when he looks like he's at least on par with the other rookie QBs save Mayfield; even though he has less talent surrounding him than Darnold, Rosen or Jackson.

If he had one of the biggest learning curves, looks like he's caught up.

If he was a risky pick, he's not anymore; at least no more than Rosen, Darnold or Jackson.

4 completions in 45 minutes might be true, but you're conveniently leaving out all those runs he had. Most of those were runs on designed passing plays, or scrambles, including his 45 yard scamper and his TD run.

Cam Newton has proven that inconsistent accuracy combined with a mobile QB is sustainable if the QB is durable enough, athletic enough, and is a legitimate passer.

And that's giving you something because other than 2 or 3 passes on Sunday, Allen was accurate. And 2 of his best passes were Incompletions (Thompson and Croom drops) and 2 aren't even on the stat sheet because they were great completed passes called back on penalties on consecutive plays.

Stealing a win? Wow, talk about finding a way to diminish a win. The Bills were the better team on Sunday... don't know how you call that stealing a win.

Okay, I guess I nitpicked 0:)

Completely agree about dumping resources to maximize talent.