Mic'd Up: Tremaine Edmunds vs. the Jaguars

26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Kind of hurts watching D. Leonard of the Colts making plays week in and week out and yet we found it necessary to trade all those draft picks to move up for two wild cards.

If this was his most consistent game why did the Jags run down our throat?

Because they have the best running back in the game. Obviously. And don't forget who their head coach and Quarterback are.

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Because they have the best running back in the game. Obviously. And don't forget who their head coach and Quarterback are.

Best RB in the league? No way he is better than Gurley, Zeke, Bell (If he was 2017 Bell), and I would even add in Gordon, Hunt, and Barkley ahead of him. Plus even more.

Fournette was literally averaging like 3 yards a carry or something the 2 previous games before this one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Sarcasm? Fournette is under 4 YPC for his career. He runs like a bull with little wiggle. That is the weakness of Edmunds. He isn’t the guy that is going to torpedo into a hole and crush a RB. He likes running sideways and making tackles. Great range but soft. 

13 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Kind of hurts watching D. Leonard of the Colts making plays week in and week out and yet we found it necessary to trade all those draft picks to move up for two wild cards.

You guys really are reaching to be negative, aren't ya?

• Like (+1) 1

So yeah....Edmunds looks like he's a good one.  Not a big talker, but that's alright by me.

31 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Quote yourself where you predicted that Darius Leonard would be such an outstanding LB prospect and a draft day steal.  We'll wait.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

Lots of people here loved Darius Leonard, myself included.  Great player.  He’s not 6’5 250 at the age of 20.  Having a MLB that’s 6’5 changes the way teams have to attack us.  Leonard is currently the better player.  My money is on Edmunds being the best LB in this class when their careers are over.  

Not many had a 1st rd grade on Leonard.  Everyone had a top 20 grade on Edmunds.  Some had a top 5 grade.  That’s why we traded up for him.

crazy that we have such a solid young MLB and people still find the gloom in it.  Get yourself out of that dark corner and come join the party.  It’s fun for some of us.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I disagree with Chris that this was his most consistent or best game. But I disagree with Chris on most things.

But I like Edmunds, he's a playmaker. I'm OK with a young player making mistakes if they're out there trying to make plays. We'll have to see if he learns from them, that'll obviously be the big key, but the dude's certainly got talent. I know some people have said he might be better suited for the outside because he has struggled against the run, and I get the rationale, but I think that could still change.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I disagree with Chris that this was his most consistent or best game. But I disagree with Chris on most things.

But I like Edmunds, he's a playmaker. I'm OK with a young player making mistakes if they're out there trying to make plays. We'll have to see if he learns from them, that'll obviously be the big key, but the dude's certainly got talent. I know some people have said he might be better suited for the outside because he has struggled against the run, and I get the rationale, but I think that could still change.

At 20 years old, he's still growing. There's plenty of chance for him to fill out more, and become more of a handful inside. As you say, the kid still makes plays, even though he also makes mistakes, but he is no shrinking violet either - that was a terrific stop of Fournette at some point, when the Jags only needed a yard or so for the first down, on a 3rd down run. Soft he isn't, but perhaps not as strong as he will be.

I also like the fact that he can take away some of the over the middle stuff, due to his size. QBs have to think twice about it if he's in the area, as he gets his arms and hands up and out, pretty well. he's already tipped a few this season.

At his  age, Edmunds has almost got Allen like potential as a MLB, and he's well on the path of improvement, imho.

• Like (+1) 2

Don't understand how anyone (looking at you WGR) can complain about us trading up to take this kid.  Great MLBs make a huge difference on a D.  Mike Singletary, Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis, Bobby Wagner, Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis all led strong defenses and they were the cornerstones. 

Sooooo much better than Preston Brown already and he's only 20.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Don't understand how anyone (looking at you WGR) can complain about us trading up to take this kid.  Great MLBs make a huge difference on a D.  Mike Singletary, Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis, Bobby Wagner, Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis all led strong defenses and they were the cornerstones. 

Sooooo much better than Preston Brown already and he's only 20.

there was a particular play early in the game that he sniffed out in the flats on a bortles rollout. he was clearly trailing the fb or te(cant quite remember which it was) and managed to make up a crap ton of ground to stop the play for little to no gain if i'm not mistaken. I specifically remember as it was happening thinking if that was preston brown that pass catcher would now be 20 yds down the field while brown flailed behind him, with his awkward run style, losing ground trying to catch up.

that being said. Edmunds has serious work to do in the run game but I think that will come in time. 

EDIT: I just watched the vid. it may have been that play to the flat on fournette.

Edited by Stank_Nasty