Jags Fire Hackett and Have Benched Bortles for Kessler

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

...and Corner, you know what the BS thing is?  at various times in his head coaching stints it has been Hackett that has made Doug look good.

It has been Hackett that has had to put up with Doug's beyond conservative offensive mentality.

...Jerk.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

20 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Poor guy has now lost 2 jobs for EJ Manuel and Blake Bortles. I mean I don't know if he's actually a good OC but it's hard to tell.

Or maybe he just got a job he wasn’t qualified for because Marrone was friends with his dad.  Say what you want to about EJ but statistically, he had a better rookie year than Allen is having.   Bortles regressed after last year as well.

the nepotism in the nfl is a huge problem.  These guys keeping getting jobs because of who their dad is and/ who they are friends with.  EJ probably might not have been good but giving him Nate Hackett as both his OC/ QBs coach for his rookie year after only being an OC at Cuse was so stupid. The Jags falling apart this year was so predictable.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...and Corner, you know what the BS thing is?  at various times in his head coaching stints it has been Hackett that has made Doug look good.

It has been Hackett that has had to put up with Doug's beyond conservative offensive mentality.

...Jerk.

I blame the offensive ineptitude on their philosophy with the way the team is constructed based on defense and the running game.  They had the chance to draft Mahomes or Watson but instead kept Bortles while selecting Fournette with the 4th overall pick in 2017.   That's on Coughlin, Caldwell, and Marrone.  Not only that, their players are highly undisciplined as evidenced by yesterday.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or maybe he just got a job he wasn’t qualified for because Marrone was friends with his dad.  Say what you want to about EJ but statistically, he had a better rookie year than Allen is having.   Bortles regressed after last year as well.

the nepotism in the nfl is a huge problem.  These guys keeping getting jobs because of who their dad is and/ who they are friends with.  EJ probably might not have been good but giving him Nate Hackett as both his OC/ QBs coach for his rookie year after only being an OC at Cuse was so stupid. The Jags falling apart this year was so predictable.

Right? 

Could there have been a more fluky team last year than Jacksonville? I expected them to be better than this, but hardly a super bowl contender. Playoff contender maybe

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I blame the offensive ineptitude on their philosophy with the way the team is constructed based on defense and the running game.  They had the chance to draft Mahomes or Watson but instead kept Bortles while selecting Fournette with the 4th overall pick in 2017.   That's on Coughlin, Caldwell, and Marrone.  Not only that, their players are highly undisciplined as evidenced by yesterday.

Corner, I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but others maybe have alluded to it, too.

Are the Jags sort of the "Anti Process"?

In other words, a lot of great talent that generally plays on an individual basis?

Not that they don't like each other, but that it is definitely a "me first" mentality.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Corner, I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but others maybe have alluded to it, too.

Are the Jags sort of the "Anti Process"?

In other words, a lot of great talent that generally plays on an individual basis?

Not that they don't like each other, but that it is definitley a "me first" mentality.

Their locker room culture is a total mess. 

• Like (+1) 2

Ian Rapoport saying that Dougie Fresh is about to take more control of the offense = steady diet of Fournette 100% of the time, even more than yesterday. I'd rather have McD calling plays than Marrone, crazy as that may sound. And how can the Jags bring back Bortles at this point, despite the cap implications? That guy is toast, especially under that regime. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just think...last year he was an up and coming offensive mind when the Jags where racing through the playoffs.  

I call BS on this.  Not his fault Fournette got tossed, which in my mind cost them the game.  Also not his fault he has Bortles at QB who, when he loses his confidence, is the worst QB in the league.

He'll get another shot somewhere, probably starting as a QB coach again.  But tough break for a guy who really hasn't had a solid QB to team with since he came into the league as OC

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ian Rapoport saying that Dougie Fresh is about to take more control of the offense = steady diet of Fournette 100% of the time, even more than yesterday. I'd rather have McD calling plays than Marrone, crazy as that may sound. And how can the Jags bring back Bortles at this point, despite the cap implications? That guy is toast, especially under that regime. 

Flacco will be the Jags QB next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Poor guy has now lost 2 jobs for EJ Manuel and Blake Bortles. I mean I don't know if he's actually a good OC but it's hard to tell.

What plays do you call for Bortles who is incapable of throwing the ball down the field? It's like tying a boxer's arm behind him and then blaming the corner for bad instructions after the boxing gets maimed. 

The people who should be held to account are Marrone and Coughlin. They knew exactly what they had in their qb yet didn't go out and get insurance from a capable backup. Bridgewater was on the market and could have been obtained for a reasonable price. Marrone has an old school Parcell's offense that is based on rugged OL play and a tough running game. In that era defense ruled the day. That style of play worked then but it is not going to work in this era of rules that shackles the defense and unshackles the offense. 

I'm just hoping that McDermott who is inclined to favor the defense is smart enough to adjust to this full throttle era of offensive football. Over the past few years because  of fantasy football offensive stats dominate the game to maintain the audience. It's underpinning is a business decision to engage the audience in order to capture it. If coaches can't adapt they will not be watching the games from the sidelines. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

BILLS-JAGS: TWO TEAMS GOING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS

So Buffalo is one team that’s not going to the AFC playoffs. But any team that’s played them will tell you that Sean McDermott’s got that group fighting its ass off. And this week they were given a cause: to defend their starting quarterback.

You’ll see in the Tweet of the Week the specific shot that Jalen Ramsey took at the Buffalo rookie in the spring after he was drafted. Rest assured, Allen’s teammates saw it, and it resonated with them, which is part of why Sunday’s date with the Jaguars got chippy to a point where, late in the game, Jags running back Leonard Fournette and Bills defensive end Shaq Lawson squared up like boxers, and took their scuffle all the way up the tunnel.

Obviously!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

12.5 million, NHK...12.5 million over the cap next year.

Minutes away from the Super Bowl to this.

Wow.

• Like (+1) 2

I feel sorry for a guy who has had the dreck at QB this guy has had. I thought he called a decent game against us yesterday and if not for Fournette's ejection they might have had 300 yards on the ground!! Also a little shocked that the mercurial St.Doug would throw his buddy under the bus like that. I thought that Hacket and him were tight!