The Logic Of A Good Guy With A Gun

Thurmal34

5 hours ago, TH3 said:

Can we see Mikes math? I mean....we know most memes, twitter posts, etc. are TOTALLY true - especially if they back up our viewpoint.....but.....

generally, if you want to dispute something.... it is incumbent upon you to do the work necessary to disprove it. i'll bet that you won't so, just be quiet and go away.

Edited by Foxx

10 minutes ago, Albwan said:

WOW. mic drop if these statistics are true.

They're not.  US is 7th by number, 90th by rate per 100k population.  And at a casual glance, any list of cities with high murder rates that includes DC but not Baltimore is nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm not going to look that up but there's no way that's accurate.  Baltimore and Birmingham are known for their high murder rate.

You're looking at it wrong. It isn't necessarily taking the cities with the highest murder rates but most likely the ones with the highest amount of murders. Baltimore and Birmingham may have high murder rates but less overall murders. The idea is that if you remove those 5 cities from the equation, our country is pretty safe. Supposedly.

23 hours ago, Foxx said:

generally, if you want to dispute something.... it is incumbent upon you to do the work necessary to disprove it. i'll bet that you won't so, just be quiet and go away.

That's...

That's not how this works at all.

It is the proper job of the person making the positive assertion that must prove his case.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:05 PM, 3rdnlng said:

You're looking at it wrong. It isn't necessarily taking the cities with the highest murder rates but most likely the ones with the highest amount of murders. Baltimore and Birmingham may have high murder rates but less overall murders. The idea is that if you remove those 5 cities from the equation, our country is pretty safe. Supposedly.

Baltimore has a much larger population than New Orleans and St. Louis.  It also was had the 2nd highest murder rate last year.  It just seems like an odd omission given Baltimore has some of the strictest gun control laws which was the point of the meme.  I also have no clue how they tabulated the other 192 countries.

It's obvious to me that gun control laws don't work as illegal guns will always be the problem and you're just punishing responsible gun owners with these laws (and stripping away at their 2nd amendment rights).  Just make a better meme :).