Happy Thanksgiving TBD

AmishRifle

5 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Folks, just wanted to take a moment to say how thankful I am for this board and the members that post to it.  Special thanks to SDS and all the Mods for making the magic happen.  I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving!  Go Bills!

Great post! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Yes Happy Thanksgiving to all board members.  A special one for me as had Open Heart Surgery earlier this year - puts it all in perspective.

And please say a prayer for our guys and gals overseas away from their families this year.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Let's start a poll.  Whole or Jellied Cranberries?  Thoughts?

I haven't been in Buffalo since Thanksgiving 1994, and I greatly look forward to tomorrow!

The cranberry topic can go either way. Jellied are always a consistent product and I do enjoy them. However, if you get a good whole cranberry relish that's made with some orange zest and other items in there, and not overly tart.......I'm down for that action also. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I haven't been in Buffalo since Thanksgiving 1994, and I greatly look forward to tomorrow!

The cranberry topic can go either way. Jellied are always a consistent product and I do enjoy them. However, if you get a good whole cranberry relish that's made with some orange zest and other items in there, and not overly tart.......I'm down for that action also. 

Here's wishing you a great Thanksgiving back in Buffalo.  My last time back for that was in 2009.

I'm a jellied fan myself....................and in keeping with the recent spirit of the TBD board I will say.............

"Anyone who likes Whole Cranberries for Thanksgiving should be FIRED!"

LOL

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Visited Biltmore 20 years ago, and they had a wonderful Waldorf Salad, with cranberries.  They gave out the recipe too!

When I was in the Air Force we would do up Thanksgiving dinner every year and I had a friend from Long Island who make a

Waldorf Salad every year.  It was a family tradition for him.  It was the first time I ever had one!

1 hour ago, AmishRifle said:

Folks, just wanted to take a moment to say how thankful I am for this board and the members that post to it.  Special thanks to SDS and all the Mods for making the magic happen.  I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving!  Go Bills!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else on this great board. 

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Recall on romaine lettuce.

What about americaine lettuce ?

Edited by Fan in Chicago

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Neither.  I like the one where you grind up cranberries with an orange, except I cook it for a few (and probably use less sugar than the original recipe)

Half of a bottle of red (drink the rest), a pound of cranberries, an orange (zested, then peeled and rind discarded), a teaspoon and a half of cinnamon, orange or cranberry juice to cover the solids, and simple syrup to taste. Combine & boil until the berries pop, and then another 5-10 mins. Transfer to a blender (make sure not to use a solid top) and blend until smooth. Force mixture through a fine strainer, discard solids, and make yourself some incredible thanksgiving sorbet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Half of a bottle of red (drink the rest), a pound of cranberries, an orange (zested, then peeled and rind discarded), a teaspoon and a half of cinnamon, orange or cranberry juice to cover the solids, and simple syrup to taste. Combine & boil until the berries pop, and then another 5-10 mins. Transfer to a blender (make sure not to use a solid top) and blend until smooth. Force mixture through a fine strainer, discard solids, and make yourself some incredible thanksgiving sorbet.

...page Dr Ruth...I think she may be able to help you............:thumbsup: