Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Meanwhile the Establishment Democrats have decided her fate

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-may-try-to-eliminate-ocasio-cortezs-house-seat-paper-says

Hey, there's always pr0n

She's still popular in NYC, and will have no trouble registering in another district where she's never lived in.  

3 minutes ago, GG said:

She's still popular in NYC, and will have no trouble registering in another district where she's never lived in.  

She is not useful for Pelosi at the moment.  If somebody high up in the Democratic Party can figure out a use for AOC I figure she gets shipped to SF or Seattle so AOC can get the residency requirement out of the way.

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Is she? I know she has a ton of Twitter followers, but I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of her donations aren't from her district. 

She's the shiny new object in a city that's elected a useless buffoon twice.  Can't wait until she feels emboldened to run for Mayor.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Meanwhile the Establishment Democrats have decided her fate

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-may-try-to-eliminate-ocasio-cortezs-house-seat-paper-says

Hey, there's always pr0n

B. S. 

She’s the next Mayor of NYC. 

7 minutes ago, GG said:

She's the shiny new object in a city that's elected a useless buffoon twice.  Can't wait until she feels emboldened to run for Mayor.

Oops,  didn’t read this before I posted. Beat me to it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Is she? I know she has a ton of Twitter followers, but I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of her donations aren't from her district. 

Hell it's NYC so I would bet most of her votes weren't from her district either... 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GG said:

I was going to respond that AOC would never run for an office in which she actually had to work but  then realized that the current mayor has set a precedent in regards to the necessary effort needed to be mayor. 

On 2/25/2020 at 9:54 AM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

AOC is currently the second most powerful progressive in the entire country. I doubt she will be forced out of national politics anytime soon.

Pelosi and her centrist pals would be better off worrying about their own positions at the power table, beginning July 13 and again on November 3.

11 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

AOC is currently the second most powerful progressive in the entire country. I doubt she will be forced out of national politics anytime soon.

Pelosi and her centrist pals would be better off worrying about their own positions at the power table, beginning July 13 and again on November 3.

House seats are decided by their district, not the entire country. That's my point. Most of her funding isn't from her district.

22 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

House seats are decided by their district, not the entire country. That's my point. Most of her funding isn't from her district.

I hear ya. I’m not familiar with the details of the individual financial contributions that AOC receives. I do know that she is very popular throughout NYC and that it would take some extremely creative gerrymandering to ever undermine her Congressional future.

Moreover, it would be a terrible political strategy on the part of centrist Democrats to attempt anything like this, as she is now seen as an “untouchable” progressive. The political blowback to centrist Dems would be severe and widespread throughout the country.

It’s rather remarkable how much power Pelosi has already ceded to a 30-year old political rookie, but it also speaks to the level of frustration the progressive left has reached and to where the country’s political future is likely headed under Millenials’ control.

5 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

I hear ya. I’m not familiar with the details of the individual financial contributions that AOC receives. I do know that she is very popular throughout NYC and that it would take some extremely creative gerrymandering to ever undermine her Congressional future.

Moreover, it would be a terrible political strategy on the part of centrist Democrats to attempt anything like this, as she is now seen as an “untouchable” progressive. The political blowback to centrist Dems would be severe and widespread throughout the country.

It’s rather remarkable how much power Pelosi has already ceded to a 30-year old political rookie, but it also speaks to the level of frustration the progressive left has reached and to where the country’s political future is likely headed under Millenials’ control.

There would be minimal blowback if the NYS legislature eliminated her district after the census. The Democrats aren't losing control of the state, and they don't give a flying crap with the rest of the country thinks... hell, they don't really care what the people in THIS state think.

19 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

See the source image