Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Which is a perfectly reasonable observation, until you realize that it requires striking out for Merced at the exact matching pace, and no one needs to get to Merced either.

But that requires more foresight than I'd grant most Californians.  Because, y'know, look at how much foresight they showed with this bullet train.

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But that requires more foresight than I'd grant most Californians.  Because, y'know, look at how much foresight they showed with this bullet train.

You're talking about elected officials who wiped out most of the farming in the central CA region to protect a minnow. CA goes where today's money takes its leaders. When tree huggers have the cash, the farmers get the boot.

Edited by LABillzFan

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

You're talking about elected officials who wiped out most of the farming in the central CA region to protect a minnow. CA goes where today's money takes its leaders. When tree huggers have the cash, the farmers get the boot.

get rid of all the farms and then point fingers when the famine ensues

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Welcome to the real world and how Congress really works.

Whenever I see something like this from her All I can think of is "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

I"m thinking of Piggy from Lord of the Flies, except on the evil side.

16 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Whenever I see something like this from her All I can think of is "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

All I can think of is "Mr. Smith's Mop Goes To Washington," though head to head on Jeopardy, I think the mop takes AOC.

51 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

thing is... Joe and Betty Six-Pack don't know this kind of ***** goes on either.

1 hour ago, Dante said:

Where the hell was spell check on that one???

It's an old movie and a character from a movie which inspired a limited production Mustang. Shot in of all places San Francisco.  I'm happy to say that I very recently placed an order for a 2019 Mustang Bullitt with 480 wolf in sheep's clothing noise making gas guzzling horsepower.   Will have it in a month. AOC and her ilk inspired me to do it and she'll have to cut my dead hand off the shift knob.  Ain't no mid-life crisis. 

Movie info

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062765/videoplayer/vi1622933785?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Air travel?  Can't you reach everywhere in her district via the NYC subway??   :huh:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.  Understood.  I should have edited the quote.  My post was more in reply to the "wall being needed."

Free trade should have open borders (movement of labor).

That exists. Legally. It’s called the visa program. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

That exist. Legally. It’s called the visa program. 

That's failing too.  My 94 year old widowed Serbian neighbor had an aid from Serbia come help her, live with her, etc...  She was in this country via the Serbian Orthodox Church.  She wanted to stay and continue to aid the widow, but had to leave on 2/3... The US wouldn't extend her visa.

Even when things are working, the Feds find a way to ***** it up.