Peterman career stats

CoachT

To be clear Peterman is not a good QB but those claiming the WR's contributed a whole lot to our offensive problems today are spot on.  We have the worst WR's/TE's in the NFL.  I'm not sure any of these guys would start for any other team in the NFL.  Our WR's do not get separation; they lead the league in dropping catch-able balls; and I believe they also are last in the NFL in YAC.

But I would also say that if Peterman supporters are going to cite the dismal WR/TE play to explain away some of his bad stats then the same applies to Allen who had 3 TD's dropped and at least one INT off a pass that bounced off the chest of a WR. 

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

To be clear Peterman is not a good QB but those claiming the WR's contributed a whole lot to our offensive problems today are spot on.  We have the worst WR's/TE's in the NFL.  I'm not sure any of these guys would start for any other team in the NFL.  Our WR's do not get separation; they lead the league in dropping catch-able balls; and I believe they also are last in the NFL in YAC.

But I would also say that if Peterman supporters are going to cite the dismal WR/TE play to explain away some of his bad stats then the same applies to Allen who had 3 TD's dropped and at least one INT off a pass that bounced off the chest of a WR. 

That is the problem. The entire Offense is awful. But your not going to get your best of anyone when your coach keeps putting Peterman out there. It is back breaking for players to see their coaches ego over the team.

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

What percentage of Brees or Brady’s come from wr mistakes? Or are we pretending that peterman is the only that deals with that? 

These plays are more likely when defensive backs only have to cover the part of the field 5 yards from the LOS because your QB doesn't have the arm or balls to throw past the sticks.  Defensive backs are wide eyed playing Peterman.  They're jumping everything, breaking on every pass, and getting there just as the ball reaches the WR.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes it is. 

People can hate Nate all they want.  

Hes been the only one to score more than 6 points in nearly a month 

In a 41 - 9 beat down in which the Bills trailed 28 - 0 at half and 34 - 3 midway through the 4th quarter.  I mean given how NFL teams play prevent defense in these types of games it's amazing that we didn't get at least one more garbage time TD. 

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

That is the problem. The entire Offense is awful. But your not going to get your best of anyone when your coach keeps putting Peterman out there. It is back breaking for players to see their coaches ego over the team.

This is a good point and it seemed like after the pick six the defense deflated.  Why the coach doesn't seem to get how demotivating having Peterman in there is to the rest of the team is alarming. 

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

These plays are more likely when defensive backs only have to cover the part of the field 5 yards from the LOS because your QB doesn't have the arm or balls to throw past the sticks.  Defensive backs are wide eyed playing Peterman.  They're jumping everything, breaking on every pass, and getting there just as the ball reaches the WR.

If I'm not mistaken, that looks as if it may be a trend. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

How many total attempts?

130 career attempts.  His INT % just dropped below double digits.  It was 11.5% and is now 9.2%.  Today was absolutely huge for his career.  31 for 49 189 yards 3 INTs and a rushing TD.  A staggering 4 yards per attempt and his first complete game.  Career day for Peterman.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2018/11/04/nathan-peterman-buffalo-bills-stats-interceptions/1886569002/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

130 career attempts.  His INT % just dropped below double digits.  It was 11.5% and is now 9.2%.  Today was absolutely huge for his career.  31 for 49 189 yards 3 INTs and a rushing TD.  A staggering 4 yards per attempt and his first complete game.  Career day for Peterman.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2018/11/04/nathan-peterman-buffalo-bills-stats-interceptions/1886569002/

Its like they knew that a ton of attempts would help him.

3 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

Or maybe get his receivers that will actually catch the ball and not bobble it into the other team's hands. That's not even talking about how bad the offensive line is.

Pretty messed up that his players let him down badly and he gets the blame because it goes on his stats.

We're in 2018 though where the internet has stripped everyone of reasonable logic

We could pile reasonable logic  like snow on the sidewalks in January and it still won't make Peterman good.