2019 Mock Draft already up...

Big Turk

Have Bills picking 5th and taking a Tre White clone.

I will vomit if this happens. They better take a goddamn WR or trade down to acquire more picks so they can take a WR and a TE.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-buccaneers-replace-jameis-winston-with-a-turnover-averse-quarterback/amp/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Drafting a CB in the Top 5 would be laughable with all the other needs on this team..

Drafting "needs" with a Top 5 pick would also not be ideal. You take BPA. And you do have to play two cornerbacks, so it's not even close to a waste. If you believe this guy will be a shutdown cornerback, you now potentially have pro bowl level players at all secondary positions and an elite middle linebacker. It's not my first choice, but the aversion to picking cornerbacks in a passing league here is over-the-top. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Yeah, so pass on Harry to take another CB. 

Not happenin.

Because it's a passing league. 

So, isn't it valuable to DEFEND against this passing?

11 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If it's a passing league wouldn't you want to be able to stop the pass?

Ah, two steps (or posts) ahead!

2 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

So, isn't it valuable to DEFEND against this passing?

Yes. Yes it is.

We are much better at defending the pass than we are at executing the passing game. So if you have an opportunity to pick another CB even a good one, and the guy who is likely to be the # 1 receiver in the draft, you should ..... [insert your answer here]. 

25 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If it's a passing league wouldn't you want to be able to stop the pass?

That's the thing, you can't stop the pass. You can limit its success but if you can't keep pace yourself, that hardly matters.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Bills Wilk said:

WR would be good but most of them take a couple years to show real (NFL) skill . I would never waste a pick that high on OL. Probably the top RB

You wouldn’t waste a pick that high on OL, but you’d spend a top 5 pick on a RB?

There is no Saquan Barkley in this class.  Not even close.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Drafting a CB in the Top 5 would be laughable with all the other needs on this team..

All depends on what they bring in during free agency...use that to fill the team needs. 

Use the draft to identify & select players that fit the team profile & scheme, imo.

I wouldn't be upset at drafting Baker due to his playmaking skill set in a defensive scheme that McD & Shepard require out of the DB's.