Nick mullens

Steptide

28 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Well before. One of the originals. And arguably the best. A lot of posters were on here before Donahoe. And a lot who have followed the team since the sixties. . 

But you knew that. Others don’t. 

I joined this board after BBMB had the plug pulled, what year did TBD start?

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's hard to argue with anything you said in theory.

That said, if the Bills would have fired the nine coaches since Marv after one or two years instead of three, we may be ahead now. There is a great argument for saying that you have to give good coaches time, even three to five years, before they can genuinely be evaluated.

But most coaches suck.

They are left to do their jobs way too long. I would argue that each of the nine coaches should have been fired earlier than they were. Sure, you need to give new regimes time to do what they need to do, but not if they suck. Not if they don't know what they are doing.

I don't at all think McDermott should be fired now. Or Beane. At all. They need the rest of this year and all of next year to see if they have this franchise on the right path.

But there is a huge reason to believe they are not the right guys. McD clearly knows defense. There is nothing to believe they know a thing about offense outside of pure hope. They have made a LOT of terrible decisions on offense from day one to right now.

It's possible they will turn it around. It's possible they are building a good team for the long run. I gave them the benefit of the doubt like I would anyone. But 90% of their decisions so far on offense have been terrible. There is zero reason to trust the process on offense. That doesn't mean they need to be fired.

But the handling of the offensive coaching from top to bottom, the handling of the QB position, the handling of the WR position, as well as the TEs, is downright scary. Like, horrible.

I agree with all of this. In the end, my issue is with people coming to the board demanding everyone be fired after a loss. It's just tiresome. I understand the frustration, but as I mentioned elsewhere, if a fan's plan is to stay around and just be miserable week in and week out, why bother? And if you are going to bother, why bother everyone else with the same dribble?

That's all, really. It's tough to be a Bills fan. We get it. When you're in a room with a bunch of hungry people, the one you want to throw out is the one who keeps yelling, "Oh, I'm soooooooooo hungry!" No schitt. We're all hungry. Shut up and be hungry, or if you're going to say something, have a solution.

For what it's worth, the best way to really see the futility is, inadvertently, through a Twitter account @BillsTouchdown. They post a  Bills TD a day, usually against the team the Bills are playing in the current week. At first it was fun because they really go into the vaults, but after a while, you start to sense a terrible pattern.

• Doug Flutie QB sneak
  • Kelly to Lofton
  • EJ Manual end around
  • JP Losman to  Josh Reed
  • Kelly Holcomb to Eric Moulds
  • Trent Edwards to Fred Jackson
  • Peterman to Benjamin
  • Tyrod to Percy Harvin
  • Carale Jones to Jarrett Boykin
  • Fitzpatrick to Stevie
  • Johnson To Peerless
  • Orton to Sammy
  • Bledsoe to Peerless
  • Jeff Tuel to Da'Rick Rogers
  • Gibran Hamdan to Shawn Nelson

The number of QBs this team has chewed through is mind-boggling. I remain cautiously optimistic for Allen and the staff in place. But in no way is there enough evidence to gut everything again.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

You were on this board since Donahoe was GM?

Way long before. But you haven't missed anything. He's like your great-grandmother's music box. No matter how old it is, when you wind it up and open the top, he continually pops up dressed in a tutu, twirling to the same song over and over and over. But he loves me for some reason because whenever I post something, he comes out of the woodwork twirling around as if no one has heard his song before, mumbles something about Donahoe and then climbs back into his box.

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Well before. One of the originals. And arguably the best. A lot of posters were on here before Donahoe. And a lot who have followed the team since the sixties. . 

But you knew that. Others don’t. 

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

I joined this board after BBMB had the plug pulled, what year did TBD start?

Should it matter who was on what board when 

if they lived through it what ever platform they used really doesn’t matter.  

Many of the members here started out on ESPN and the Democrat and Chronicle  forums in the mid to late 90’s

And seriously 1 game will unseat Jimmy G? 

Highly doubtful 

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Way long before. But you haven't missed anything. He's like your great-grandmother's music box. No matter how old it is, when you wind it up and open the top, he continually pops up dressed in a tutu, twirling to the same song over and over and over. But he loves me for some reason because whenever I post something, he comes out of the woodwork twirling around as if no one has heard his song before, mumbles something about Donahoe and then climbs back into his box.

Your good contributions on PPP were enjoyed

im waiting for car repairs today so squabbles are fun to read 

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Alert to new readers of TSW:

This guy LABillzFan has been angrily/snarkily defending each Bills regime thru "thin-and-thin" since Donahoe and Greggo were hired.

That's right.............he's ALWAYS been wrong.

He used to be one of the "first responders" to posts critical of poor organizational stewardship.

He's at least wised up enough to not over-expose his chronic incorrectness.

As such this is a courtesy reminder that his opinions are consistently proven to be sh*t.:thumbsup:

...and yours are what? 

so you're one of those that is always right? what, an intellect, lol. you want a medal?  it's not saying much when considering the team you're speaking of. hell, just about any joe schmo could take a shot at being right regarding the past and present failures of this team over the course of the last 20 years or so.

so your always being right, is not that impressive mac.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, no name said:

...and yours are what? 

so you're one of those that is always right? what, an intellect, lol. you want a medal?  it's not saying much when considering the team you're speaking of. hell, just about any joe schmo could take a shot at being right regarding the past and present failures of this team over the course of the last 20 years or so.

so your always being right, is not that impressive mac.

You'd think that right?

But......IN FACT....... the level of ineptitude of the Bills organization in the 2000's was beyond statistically improbable........it was amazing.

There was a period right after Donahoe was hired when the person I speak of.....LABillzfan........was responding to any negative take about Donahoe dismantling the roster with that lame snickers commercial joke line "DOOOOOOOOOMED"..........with all intent at sarcasm.   

The Bills then proceeded to miss the playoffs for another 16 years.

There is wrong and then there is THAT. ?

And btw......never heard of ya'(welcome to the board) but understand we aren't here to impress you.    

It's a discussion board not a talent show..........no awards for being right.......but there will be blood for being consistently stupid. :devil:  (so don't do it again or you'll get lumped in with the lumps)

8 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Oh homophobia as a defense mechanism...........always hilarious.   Clever writing as always.:thumbsup:

The reason I single you out is because you were shouting down lot's of new posters who were frustrated with the direction of the team who were just trying to get involved here on TSW.

Alaska Darin was actually your tag team partner at the time...........I recall you were both appalled at me for calling you out because I had typically been a defender of the organization myself..........but the difference was John Butler WARRANTED defending.

You are the one-trick pony here.........you criticize those who criticize an organization that has continually failed to succeed.

Your obsession with Tim Graham is just a reminder about what a weirdo you are.?

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh homophobia as a defense mechanism...........always hilarious.   Clever writing as always.:thumbsup:

The reason I single you out is because you were shouting down lot's of new posters who were frustrated with the direction of the team who were just trying to get involved here on TSW.

Alaska Darin was actually your tag team partner at the time...........I recall you were both appalled at me for calling you out because I had typically been a defender of the organization myself..........but the difference was John Butler WARRANTED defending.

You are the one-trick pony here.........you criticize those who criticize an organization that has continually failed to succeed.

Your obsession with Tim Graham is just a reminder about what a weirdo you are.?

It's unfortunate  I can't post over here without you jumping in every time to piss on whatever I write.

You do it because...well....I can only imagine you do it so I'll stop posting here.

So that's what I'll do for a while.  Enjoy.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/2/2018 at 11:02 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Alert to new readers of TSW:

This guy LABillzFan has been angrily/snarkily defending each Bills regime thru "thin-and-thin" since Donahoe and Greggo were hired.

That's right.............he's ALWAYS been wrong.

He used to be one of the "first responders" to posts critical of poor organizational stewardship.

He's at least wised up enough to not over-expose his chronic incorrectness.

As such this is a courtesy reminder that his opinions are consistently proven to be sh*t.:thumbsup:

....sounds like he's not on your Christmas list this year............:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1