John Wawrow on the QB situation

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

There were PLENTY of people very skeptical of going with Peterman and Allen as your two QBs going into the season. 

Maybe not so much from the national media, but that's not a surprise they couldn't care less about the Bills. 

Agreed, but apparently it wasn't easy to get anyone to play here. Look at that line and the receivers. Two quarterbacks have gone down in 3 weeks. Who would come play here if there was any other option.

• Like (+1) 2

This is easy:

How about "yeah, outbid Elway for Keenum".

or:

"was it wise to get rid of TT when your plan was to sit Allen behind a starting QB?"

Or:

"Kaepernick too much for Mr. Pegula to handle?"

What's the issue here?  That the press can't ask a question unless they have a followup?  I mean who hasn't asked about Bridgewater, TT, AJM already in this context?

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 10

Never was a reason to trade Mccarron. That pick will become a nobody and we will have suffered through an entire year of wasted offense and a Peterman yo-yo because of it. Mccarron would have been the starter after week 1 and everything would have fallen into place. Peterman would have probably been cut after Baltimore. Never would have lost us the Houston game. Maybe Allen never gets hurt. 

If the Bills HAD to trade one of the guys, they should have waited until after the regular season started and took advantage of a teams injury. Probably could have gotten more from SF if we waited. Also might have been able to get Cleveland interested. We rushed for no reason. Just constantly making ridiculous personnel decisions.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is easy:

How about "yeah, outbid Elway for Keenum".

or:

"was it wise to get rid of TT when your plan was to sit Allen behind a starting QB?"

Or:

"Kaepernick too much for Mr. Pegula to handle?"

What's the issue here?  That the press can't ask a question unless they have a followup?  I mean who hasn't asked about Bridgewater, TT, AJM already in this context?

I think Wawrow is saying the press isn't giving the Bills the chance to defend their decision making process by refusing to actually ask them the question.

It's not so much a commentary on the story, but the press' reaction.

People keep bringing up Kaepernick, but never stop to think that the dude doesn't really want to play unless he is played franchise starting QB money.  He turned down an offer from Denver and then sued the league for collusion.  The guy is a nut case.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Never was a reason to trade Mccarron. That pick will become a nobody and we will have suffered through an entire year of wasted offense and a Peterman yo-yo because of it. Mccarron would have been the starter after week 1 and everything would have fallen into place. Peterman would have probably been cut after Baltimore. Never would have lost us the Houston game. Maybe Allen never gets hurt. 

If the Bills HAD to trade one of the guys, they should have waited until after the regular season started and took advantage of a teams injury. Probably could have gotten more from SF if we waited. Also might have been able to get Cleveland interested. We rushed for no reason. Just constantly making ridiculous personnel decisions.

You sure about that? Matt Milano was a 5th round pick and he is trending towards a pro bowl caliber player.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I think Wawrow is saying the press isn't giving the Bills the chance to defend their decision making process by refusing to actually ask them the question.

It's not so much a commentary on the story, but the press' reaction.

Then that's the nuttiest criticism if the press ever.  The team can't defend their obvious bungling of this situation....unless they asked specific questions about "this guy or that guy"?

18 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Never was a reason to trade Mccarron. That pick will become a nobody

Are we sure? Matt Milano and Taron Johnson were taken in the range of the pick we'll end up with. McCarron offered us at best a bridge starter in a season where we have no chance at making the Super Bowl. I'll take a shot at a player that contributes for a few years, even if it's unlikely, over that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Are we sure? Matt Milano and Taron Johnson were taken in the range of the pick we'll end up with. McCarron offered us at best a bridge starter in a season where we have no chance at making the Super Bowl. I'll take a shot at a player that contributes for a few years, even if it's unlikely, over that.

Could be another nobody like Kyle Williams

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I see what you're saying but does sheltering Allen help his development? I'm not sure, but if you think it does then you keep McCarron in case Peterman petermans. Allen's development is the most important thing.

***** excuses. Mishandling the most important position in football id inexcusable. So yes, you roll the dice on Bridgewater. If you trade AJ, you bring in someone else. Going into the season without a veteran QB was obvious to some. I give this regime no pass for this. They drafted both the guys in the QB room and if neither of them are serviceable, that's on them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

AJ McCarron was dealing with a fractured collarbone. 

And he was outplayed by Nathan Peterman during both training camp and the preseason. 

And at the time, many Bills fans were calling for him to get cut. 

And most in the media felt Beane got a steal landing a 5th Round Pick. 

• Like (+1) 10

I know this might be mind blowing stuff but if they were able to read the Peterman situation correctly they could have signed a guy like Anderson in the offseason and had him ready to go. Not that he is a savior but I’m sure he would have looked better the first 4-6 weeks if sitting Allen was the plan. 

• Like (+1) 2