Peterman Poll

Kevin1778

Will Peterman play well Sunday?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Peterman Poll

• Supporter
    • Not a Big Fan
    • Just Get Rid of Him Already

He's a 5th rd pick that was forced to start because Taylor was playing like crap. I'm not going to bring up the Chargers game because I dont think you could evaluate any QB with what we gave Peterman to work with that day. You can remove the Snow game as well because that's just crazy weather conditions. Peyton Manning was a high 1st rd pick who threw a ton of INT's in his rookie year. Peterman was a 5th rd pick who is trying to make it work with the worst offensive talent that I have seen on a roster ever in the last 2 years. All I can say is if you can evaluate Peterman with what he's had to work with then you should be working in the NFL in some fashion. He has obviously shown the coaches something in the practice. If he can make plays against our solid/good defense he should be able to do it vs the Bears as well. I'm watching this game on Sunday hoping Peterman has a solid day throwing the football and making good decisions. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

I don't think that's a serious fear.  I can't see Peterman NOT throwing at least one pick six against the Bears.   He can't throw outs, and the Bills OC can't stop calling them.  Ergo, a pick six is inevitable unless the defenders can't catch.

Well, there is a reason they're on defense and not offense, lest we forget all those dropped INTs/pick 6s during the preseason that allowed Peterman to somehow fool our HC into thinking he'd improved :doh:

• Sad 1

I don't want, or root for any player to fail. I do however, think this particular player has shown both the FO and the fans, what he brings to the table. put him out there because that's really all the Bills have, but he should not be on the roster come next season. McD has a real love for this dude.

These poll choices do limit the expression of fans; could probably use six choices in total.

Good polls and surveys are surprisingly difficult. There are graduate level courses in surveys. There is even a PhD in Survey Methodology from Univ. of Maryland, College Park.

====================

Me: I'm a Peterman supporter when he starts, but when better options become available, it's time to move on from the stiff.

The underlined part: it's a jab at the git'r done cut him now crowd, who just assume there's a magical pot of backup quality QB's waiting to be signed. We learned the shallow market for QB skills when we signed Derek Anderson--who is actually worse than Peterman, and was brought in as a desperate PR move.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

Curious where he stands on this board. Made a little revision to the choices after listening to replies. 

He's not good, but how can you not root for him to have a decent game? It's reached national laughingstock proportions.  Even if they lose, I hope he plays well enough that we don't try to rush Anderson or Allen back.  If he plays badly, I'm sure we'll see Barkley.

50 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that we all want him to do well when he plays. I don’t think any reasonable person EXPECTS him to play well. That’s where I’m at with it. I’m in the “anyone but Peterman” camp because I think that pretty much anyone else would be better. 

Over Under in any game day thread on how fast someone calls for a pick 6 

Less than 5 minutes 

Save for a TD against the Colts last season before he got himself knocked out of the game, Peterman has been horrible in other games that have counted.

However, consider this about Peterman:

• He's still a young guy at 24 yrs and only in his 2nd season.
  • In his very short time here, he's already had 2 OCs and 2 different offensive systems and terminology.
  • He was a 5th round draft pick - the expectations fans have put on this guy are over the top (including, admittedly, my own).  The guy needs time to develop just as about any QB drafted in the 5th round would need.
  • In 2017, Peterman started only 2 games and appeared in 2 other games and this season he has started 1 game and appeared in 2 others.  So, his entire regular season appearances are 3 starts plus 4 more appearances.  Are we going to judge a guy's entire career on 3 starts?  He's shown he's capable, but he needs to do it when it counts, obviously.  However, I still think it is too early to cast him off.  And I can still remember the video of the Charger player last season saying "He literally didn't block me".  I will never concede that Peterman gets the blame for all 5 of those picks - maybe 2 of them.  Over his regular season career, he has 3 TDs and 9 picks.  That's not good, of course, but I'm not ready to write him off yet. It's too early.
  • He clearly worked hard in the off-season to improve his core strength and arm strength.
  • He is very intelligent.  The coaches really like him still, I believe.  He's the ultimate "team guy" and will do whatever is asked of him.
  • He envisioned being named the starter all along and that is what drove him to win the job against the Ravens.  Now, he just needs to add a little thing to his sports meditation - envision WINNING, too!

I want to see what Peterman can do.  Now that the games are not so critical (unless someone thinks the Bills can win out - don't think so), maybe he can settle down and play more like he is capable of.  I think it can happen and am certainly hoping it does!  Go Peterman!  You are now Buffalo's QB - go and WIN!!

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, ALF said:

Nate is the good guy , underdog I hope the best for. Until another backup can do better and learn the playbook , Nate is here. 

I'm more concerned with the OL to keep any QB in one piece this season.

Learning the playbook would literally take 30 secs to learn.  

Just look at Monday night playbook leak. Pretty basic. 

1CEBBDB3-85D6-415B-B44E-B15152FFE712.jpeg

Edited by PittsforDave

I've been trying to think of some ways to argue why he can be a starter.  The only thing I can come up with is more exposure in big spots is good for him.  He did well in a mop up roll against the Saints last year, he did well in pre-season, and didn't fare bad in the Texans game before the pick 6.  There was no pressure on him in the first two events listed and was playing against second stringers.  I suppose with more exposure he can learn to get better?  He had that nice throw to Zay Jones in the Texans game before the Pick 6. 

I'm thinking a lot of issues have to do with not being able to handle pressure well versus lack of skill?  Dude should see a psychiatrist.  Nothing to be ashamed of as I've been down that road before.

At any rate I'll root for him.  Doesn't mean I'd ideally like to see him out there but still

On 11/1/2018 at 5:02 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Well due to the limited choices of this poll, I had no choice but to select:  Hater.  I dont hate him, nothing would make me happier than to see him have a big game.  But at this moment in time I do not feel like he has the tools to be an NFL QB and hence, while I dont "hate" him and will root for him, I hate the idea of him starting an NFL game because I do not think he is good enough.  Even IF he has a GOOD game this week, it won't change the fact that he isnt good enough to be a starter in this league.  PLENTY of BAD QB's have had good games, even multiple good games, in the NFL before.  Nothing will change about his inability to effectively use about 30-40 percent of the field because he puts too much air on deep balls and can not use the edges of the field either without being at a HIGH risk of turnover.  

So good like NP, hope you have a good game, but ultimately I just don't see an NFL caliber player when you are on the field...at least thus far.

Blah - Blah - Blah  He started 2 games for crying out loud  , yes he sucked in those games BUT/IF he has a good game this week he might just get his confidence back , the kid is still young he may never be a starter but he has a chance this week to at least prove that he belongs in the NFL even as a backup , 

Go Bills baby !!!!!!!

Edited by Putin