Aren't You Embarrassed?

A Traverse City-area Republican office was hit with a bomb threat Wednesday, marking the seventh attack on a GOP center in October.

The Detroit News reports “Police were called to the scene about 3 p.m. after a person ran into the office, threatened to blow it up, then fled the scene.”

“The threat comes days after the party headquarters in Lansing were tagged with graffiti,” the outlet adds.

Staffers were allowed to go back to work at 4:30 p.m., according to a spokesperson of the Michigan Republican Party.

This is attack number seven in only a month, this latest coming just two days after shots were fired at a GOP center in Florida, six days after vandals attacked an office in Iowa, and week after a boulder was thrown through Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) office window.

Recorded instances of violence, vandalism, and harassment exploded against the GOP in October, to over 40, which more than doubled the previous two months.

Aren't you embarrassed ? 

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

A Traverse City-area Republican office was hit with a bomb threat Wednesday, marking the seventh attack on a GOP center in October.

The Detroit News reports “Police were called to the scene about 3 p.m. after a person ran into the office, threatened to blow it up, then fled the scene.”

“The threat comes days after the party headquarters in Lansing were tagged with graffiti,” the outlet adds.

Staffers were allowed to go back to work at 4:30 p.m., according to a spokesperson of the Michigan Republican Party.

This is attack number seven in only a month, this latest coming just two days after shots were fired at a GOP center in Florida, six days after vandals attacked an office in Iowa, and week after a boulder was thrown through Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) office window.

Recorded instances of violence, vandalism, and harassment exploded against the GOP in October, to over 40, which more than doubled the previous two months.

Aren't you embarrassed ? 

Ever notice how that's "vandalism" against Republicans, but "terrorism" against Democrats?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm embarrassed for the person who wrote this note.

"Man... Life comes at you hard. I mean, yeah... People who share my heritage have been shot and killed, and that's definitely sad, but GOD FORBID anyone wear anything that makes me uncomfortable.... I'm gonna write a note. That'll teach him. And just to show that I'm not a commie whose trying to censor the most basic human freedom, Imma draw pretty little hearts on top. Also, real quick, let me take a ***** on the graves of my ancestors and their suffering by comparing what they went through to your barbaric hat." 

I honestly don't know what someone who feels the need to do this does with themselves.. How do you get up in the morning and live with yourself? I understand being offended by a hat, I've seen plenty of Patriots hats that make me want to vomit, but this is ridiculous. 

Edited by whatdrought

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Ya wanna hear something funny? I went to that Blersch guy's Twitter, and one of the people following him is Lori Chase.

I thought, "Hey...I like Lori Chase. I should follow her on Twitter since she's not around TBD anymore."

I clicked and I schitt you not, I was actually blocked from following her. :lol:

Probably has something to do with my old tweets busting Timmah Graham's chops on Twitter.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Ya wanna hear something funny? I went to that Blersch guy's Twitter, and one of the people following him is Lori Chase.

I thought, "Hey...I like Lori Chase. I should follow her on Twitter since she's not around TBD anymore."

I clicked and I schitt you not, I was actually blocked from following her. :lol:

Probably has something to do with my old tweets busting Timmah Graham's chops on Twitter.

That...is actually kind-of sad.  

Twitter is a fairly wretched hive of shallowness and pettiness...by design, since it's basically impossible to be anything but in 140 characters.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That...is actually kind-of sad.  

Twitter is a fairly wretched hive of shallowness and pettiness...by design, since it's basically impossible to be anything but in 140 characters.

My only regret on Twitter was not getting a capture of Graham's tweet to a fan who, after making an in-game comment to a Graham tweet, was literally told by Timmah to "go hump a fist."

I replied to the tweet, and mentioned it often on TBD, and someone finally must have told Graham what a !@#$ thin-skinned moron he looked like. He deleted it, and it's not in my retweet anymore.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

if I were a jew, i'd be humiliated to be associated with someone like that.

Why should anyone be humiliated by the actions of others which they have no control over?  That's a position equally rational as "white guilt" over southern chattel slavery prior to the Civil War, which is to say that it isn't.

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Why should anyone be humiliated by the actions of others which they have no control over?  That's a position equally rational as "white guilt" over southern chattel slavery prior to the Civil War, which is to say that it isn't.

Note I said if -I- were a Jew.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Which is why I addressed my post directly to you, Joe.

Why would you, if you were a Jew, feel humiliated by the actions of this person?

All the American Jews i know are super libs

All the Israeli Jews I know love Trump 

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Which is why I addressed my post directly to you, Joe.

Why would you, if you were a Jew, feel humiliated by the actions of this person?

Because CLEARLY I think she's an idiot with bad ideas and opinions. And the very fact that she's a fellow Jew would cause me to fear that everyone else would think every other Jew thought the same ridiculously bad things.

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

All the American Jews i know are super libs

All the Israeli Jews I know love Trump 

The breakdown of political affiliation in Judaism in America falls largely along the lines of religious vs. secularism.  Most secular Jews are liberal leaning, while nearly all Jews who are conservative come from the religious community. 

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Because CLEARLY I think she's an idiot with bad ideas and opinions. And the very fact that she's a fellow Jew would cause me to fear that everyone else would think every other Jew thought the same ridiculously bad things.

Why would everyone think Jews all think the same thing?  Is this some variation of the Jew-Bee dance?

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Why would everyone think Jews all think the same thing?  Is this some variation of the Jew-Bee dance?

you'd be amazed at how ignorant non-jews are about jews in general.

to give you some background, I currently work for a company that's owned by and staffed by jews. i'm the only non-jew in the company. Additionally, 75% of our customer base is jewish, give or take.

I've learned a lot about jewish people in my time here, a LOT of stuff I never knew or understood I now do.

Take, for example your statement that secular jews are largely liberal. My employer is secular, and anything BUT liberal. He's a second-amendment guy, bigtime.

Edited by joesixpack

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

you'd be amazed at how ignorant non-jews are about jews in general.

to give you some background, I currently work for a company that's owned by and staffed by jews. i'm the only non-jew in the company. Additionally, 75% of our customer base is jewish, give or take.

I've learned a lot about jewish people in my time here, a LOT of stuff I never knew or understood I now do.

I am, as a rule, never surprised the people's ignorance.  I'm usually surprised by people who aren't absurdly ignorant.

My commentary has more to do with the "all individuals within the group take on all the worst characteristics of it's worst members" mantra.

56 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Take, for example your statement that secular jews are largely liberal. My employer is secular, and anything BUT liberal. He's a second-amendment guy, bigtime.

The distribution of the American Jewish population correlates highly with the distribution of urban liberals.

Most Jews are Democrats, your quaint little anecdote notwithstanding.  And like most misunderstood socio-economic groups in this country, it's a distinction defined largely by coastal urban vs. "flyover" rural differences.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Dear uninformed dipschiff sitting a few rows behind me...

This pathetic setup phony bullsh/t is so overdone.  Maga Neanderthal in red hat, reads impassioned yet snarky letter with heart doodles written by Jewish girl who gnaws the nail polish off her thinger? She is so tortured by the red hat that she springs into action yet pauses to take a picture of it for public consumption?  And she's sitting "a few rows back" but can say definitively he "read it all."? 

Please. 

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

C'mon...you're not feeling just a little embarrassed being associated with JSP here?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

"Man... Life comes at you hard. I mean, yeah... People who share my heritage have been shot and killed, and that's definitely sad, but GOD FORBID anyone wear anything that makes me uncomfortable.... I'm gonna write a note. That'll teach him. And just to show that I'm not a commie whose trying to censor the most basic human freedom, Imma draw pretty little hearts on top. Also, real quick, let me take a ***** on the graves of my ancestors and their suffering by comparing what they went through to your barbaric hat." 

I honestly don't know what someone who feels the need to do this does with themselves.. How do you get up in the morning and live with yourself? I understand being offended by a hat, I've seen plenty of Patriots hats that make me want to vomit, but this is ridiculous. 

I bet her non-surviving ancestors would smack her stupid ***** mouth for such an ignorant and pathetic display.

11 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I bet her non-surviving ancestors would smack her stupid ***** mouth for such an ignorant and pathetic display.

But wasn't the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising in 1943 was due largely to a difference of opinion on millinery?