Matt Slater of the Pats had some nice words about our fans

JMF2006

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/nfl/kryk-patriots-tom-brady-now-winningest-buffalo-qb-this-century

What’s Brady’s secret?

“I wish I could tell you, because then I could be a great quarterback coach somewhere,” Slater said. “I think it’s that we really embrace the challenge of coming here. I think this is one of the most unique places to play in the National Football League.

“I always tell people that this atmosphere is more like a college atmosphere than any place in the league. The loyalty of the fans, the rowdiness – you really feel like the antagonists when you come in here. I think that gives us a lot of juice. Tom always brings a laser-like focus, and it’s contagious for all of us.”

Does all that hatred aimed at Brady actually work to the Bills’ detriment?

“Maybe,” Slater said. “I certainly think he’s always up and ready, and focused, when we come here. They don’t really like him. I’m sure he takes that personally. That’s an impressive (road wins) record.”

The result marred a tremendous effort by Buffalo’s defence.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Not surprised. We're ****ing awesome fans. Really.

the best dude. 

43 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Well, I did my part Monday night. I sure wish McDermott and his boys had done their part.

the defense did bro. the patriots were able to keep the bills offense at bay, and their offense wasnt going to take any chances. 

they out-camped us and beat us our game, simply because they have a better offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

That's what we've been doing wrong for 20 years.....next time, let's politely clap when Brady takes the field.....he won't care as much....

I’ve heard fellow Bills fans speculate that Brady still thinks about that 2003 blowout loss to the Bills  when he plays us.  Wouldn’t shock me.

1 minute ago, Success said:

I’ve heard fellow Bills fans speculate that Brady still thinks about that 2003 blowout loss to the Bills  when he plays us.  Wouldn’t shock me.

We all know how that season ended....you'd think he would have forgiven us........

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

We all know how that season ended....you'd think he would have forgiven us........

It’s freaky to think about that - same score reversed, on the way to the Lombardi.  Like he planned it.

All competitive athletes hate losing, but Brady is pretty unique.  The only other guy I can think of like him is Jordan - they just despise losing.  Basically refuse to do it.

It’s a little psycho, but it works.

1 hour ago, Success said:

Me either.  Jocks eat that stuff up.  Probably also a little mad about when that DB lit him up.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Next time.....mess with him! Listen to a pin drop! We’ll win by 30! 

Ya know....maybe. 

If they continue to get blown out like they have this year and next year when we play the Pat's at home, we may not have to worry about it.  The stadium will only be half full.  Sadly my only long trip to see the Bill's on Buffalo was against the Pat's 2 years ago when they blew us out, most memorable part of that game was the great dilldo throw...we should track that guy down and sign him as qb

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

19 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

If they continue to get blown out like they have this year and next year when we play the Pat's at home, we may not have to worry about it.  The stadium will only be half full.  Sadly my only long trip to see the Bill's on Buffalo was against the Pat's 2 years ago when they blew us out, most memorable part of that game was the great dilldo throw...we should track that guy down and sign him as qb

He was indeed a very inspirational fan for many of us.

10 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/nfl/kryk-patriots-tom-brady-now-winningest-buffalo-qb-this-century

What’s Brady’s secret?

“I wish I could tell you, because then I could be a great quarterback coach somewhere,” Slater said. “I think it’s that we really embrace the challenge of coming here. I think this is one of the most unique places to play in the National Football League.

“I always tell people that this atmosphere is more like a college atmosphere than any place in the league. The loyalty of the fans, the rowdiness – you really feel like the antagonists when you come in here. I think that gives us a lot of juice. Tom always brings a laser-like focus, and it’s contagious for all of us.”

Does all that hatred aimed at Brady actually work to the Bills’ detriment?

“Maybe,” Slater said. “I certainly think he’s always up and ready, and focused, when we come here. They don’t really like him. I’m sure he takes that personally. That’s an impressive (road wins) record.”

The result marred a tremendous effort by Buffalo’s defence.

guess we should calm down  and get a cushy downtown stadium :D

4 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Yeah, I made the mistake of going to a Bills home game against the Pats once too.

For a while there, I thought I lucked into the greatest experience ever...as the Bills were up 28 to 3 (or close to that) at half time. I remember my fiancee & I were going crazy with the fans in the seats, thinking holy s***, the Bills are actually going to beat Brady and I'm here!!!!!!

Little did I know they would go on to score something like 40 unanswered points to open the second the half........How in the hell we allowed them to not only come back, but to blow us out after being up that much still blows my mind. I wish the ***** guy was there that day, as I would've taken that ***** & broke it off up Brady's ***.

10 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I think he may be banned from home games, but he might help on the road!