Nathan Peterman expected to start Sunday (per Adam Schefter)

BillsFan4

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I'd be shocked for any qb to not get hurt after getting sandwiched between clowney and watt.  Especially a direct hit to the arm.

Yeah, I don't get that feeling that Allen would be injury prone.

He's too big and heavy.  When guys hit him he doesn't go flying.  He's too big for that.

He has a frame made to absorb some punishment.  

3 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

I want a refund on my season tickets. This is not what I signed up for. 

The product does not justify the price. 

I agree with you but don't hold your breath waiting for your refund. 

I would suggest selling them on the secondary market, but from what I have read here, there apparently isn't one.

The home games in cold, bad weather, especially in December, are going to be hard to watch.

Lots of empty seats.

Edited by Fadingpain

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's not the same argument. What I meant by not belonging in the league meant they are not physically able to play at this level for any reasonable amount of time. They shouldnt be considered not because they may not reach their potential but it's almost physically impossible. If you cannot throw an out pattern in the NFL you cannot play in the NFL. That's what I meant. Before the  season last year and before the season this year, I said that Nate couldn't play, and ironically one of the three guys I compared him to, not being able to play is Matt Barkley (along with Kellen Moore and Colt McCoy, all of which are very smart and very accurate and have rag arms that prevent them from ever being good)

Colt McCoy has been in the league as a backup for nearly a decade. Although he will not be a starter his role as a backup is useful. That's the same role that I see Peterman playing i.e. as a backup. Peterman, as like McCoy, will never be a starter in this league. Most everyone will agree on that point. His presence on the roster has hardly anything to do with the failure of the offense, especially when he is not playing. 

There are plenty of objects to be derided on the offense. Why get so exasperated with a player who hardly plays? The attention and the scathing criticisms he receives are out of proportion to his current role as the third qb. You and many others may relish rooting against him but I don't. I'll be rooting for him to do well when he starts against Chicago. 

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm not denying we have bigger problems but I don't think that Peterman is anything a part of our future. Maybe I'll buy in this weekend. Maybe??‍♂️??‍♂️

No one is suggesting that he is going to be a future cog for this franchise. There is a reason for it: He is a freaking third string qb! Concentrate on the bigger issues and don't bother with the bulllllshitt issues unless that crap is on your cowboy boots. Then immediately clean it off or you will smell like shiiitt! :)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Colt McCoy has been in the league as a backup for nearly a decade. Although he will not be a starter his role as a backup is useful. That's the same role that I see Peterman playing i.e. as a backup. Peterman, as like McCoy, will never be a starter in this league. Most everyone will agree on that point. His presence on the roster has hardly anything to do with the failure of the offense, especially when he is not playing. 

There are plenty of objects to be derided on the offense. Why get so exasperated with a player who hardly plays? The attention and the scathing criticisms he receives are out of proportion to his current role as the third qb. You and many others may relish rooting against him but I don't. I'll be rooting for him to do well when he starts against Chicago. 

No one is suggesting that he is going to be a future cog for this franchise. There is a reason for it: He is a freaking third string qb! Concentrate on the bigger issues and don't bother with the bulllllshitt issues unless that crap is on your cowboy boots. Then immediately clean it off or you will smell like shiiitt! :)

Nonsense.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I hope the kid comes out and shuts people up on Sunday.  I don't expect it, but I just hope he remembers how he played in preseason and transmits that to Sunday, instead of throwing up all over himself again.

Preseason isn't regular season with much higher QoC and complex pressure/coverage schemes.  He doesn't have what it takes. 

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Preseason isn't regular season with much higher QoC and complex pressure/coverage schemes.  He doesn't have what it takes. 

that's besides the point he was trying to make.

The POINT is that we need him to play well and root for that to happen.   Not sit here and mock him relentlessly.  

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You unfortunately are one of the people who would be included in the shut them up list.

I just don't understand d why this kid throws up on himself.  And I certainly hope Daboll does not give him looks where he has to throw that our pattern again.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

You unfortunately are one of the people who would be included in the shut them up list.

I just don't understand d why this kid throws up on himself.  And I certainly hope Daboll does not give him looks where he has to throw that our pattern again.

Keep hope alive.  He is who he is and that's a QB who doesn't belong in an NFL uniform. 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Glad you think that.  I suspect (actually I'm positive) there are others here that really want to see him fail.

My critique is solely based on what I see from him.  It would be great if he actually showed himself to be someone the offense could rely on with at least an avoidance of critical mistakes for an already challenged unit. 

28 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Glad you think that.  I suspect (actually I'm positive) there are others here that really want to see him fail.

if that's what it takes for whatever idiot is keeping him around to finally cut him loose..... then yes. that's what I want. for the sake or your future and anytime the bills need to turn to a backup.

its inexcusable that he's even been in the position to fill in the last couple of weeks. he needs to be far FAR away from the bills roster and i'm all for any scenario that cements that. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

Is McD the only reason Peterman is on an NFL roster?  I mean......how many disasters does McD and management need to witness in person to make the easy decision to just cut the guy?

I really think he’s still here out of necessity, due to injuries at the position and knowing the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Of course he had to post what he did.    But don't let him fool you.  He is THE biggest Nate Hater on the board.  

I’d like to think that I am the biggest Nate Hater on the board!! What do I have to do to overtake @26CornerBlitz & some others. I already hoped he would go over the falls in a cartoon!! 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I never want Bills players to fail. I invest a ton of money and time into going to games. You think I'm excited to watch Peterman screw the pooch again? 

I want him to go out there and throw for 600 yards and 6 TDs. Based on his past, I think its more likely to be 95 yards, 4 INts

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d like to think that I am the biggest Nate Hater on the board!! What do I have to do to overtake @26CornerBlitz & some others. I already hoped he would go over the falls in a cartoon!! 

Please cease and desist with defeating my ignore preferences that are designed to avoid the continued pathetic obsession. :)

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Call me Mrs Peterman for starters.   LOL 

I was expecting that cartoon to have Nate slide off the raft into the water.  

9 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Hello darkness my old friend

I've come to talk with you again, 
Because a vision softly creeping, 
Left its seeds while I was sleeping, 
And the vision that was planted in my brain 
Still remains 
Within the sound of silence

• Haha (+1) 1

Vic Fangio vs. Nate Peterman.....think about that.  One of the best defensive strategists in the NFL versus a QB who is not decisive, locks on to primary receivers and forces the ball with a substandard arm.  This has all the makings of an epic blowout.

Just now, JoeF said:

Vic Fangio vs. Nate Peterman.....think about that.  One of the best defensive strategists in the NFL versus a QB who is not decisive, locks on to primary receivers and forces the ball with a substandard arm.  This has all the makings of an epic blowout.

I agree and the Bears have some ball hawks on defense. McDermott and Frazier should also be able to create confusion in Trubisky, but they better spy him as he's capable of doing damage with his legs.